New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

Good...

I've done a little more homework (420 reading + a few utube vids) trying to nail this cloning thing. One of the first things I've realized is that the rooting stem needs to breathe. So this egg holder shaped type tray that comes with the Germination Station could be one faulty factor. Also fan leafs can draw a lot of the energy that could be used for roots. With that said, here's a few adjustments I made on the Delicious Cotton Candy Clone I started Dec. 2, Post #2199 (New City Grower 1.0)

IMG_20131202_142338.jpg

Clipped the fan leafs...

IMG_20131207_135606.jpg

Pulled the Rapid Rooter Block out of the egg tray thing-a-ma-jigga. Do you see any root tips?

IMG_20131207_140053.jpg
IMG_20131207_140101.jpg

And placed it directly onto the bottom tray...

IMG_20131207_140228.jpg

Next I took another cutting from LAVERNE (Re-Veg) and placed it in 6.5 PHed tap water.

IMG_20131207_142755.jpg

Then I got rid of all the extra stems and leafs & trimmed the top 4 leafs. I had a Rapid Rooter Block that had been soaking for over 3 hours...

IMG_20131207_143136.jpg
IMG_20131207_143327.jpg

I did the final cut and scraping under water before dipping the cut-ling into the rooting compound leaving a generous amount about the bottom of the stem...

IMG_20131207_143632.jpg

Placed the new LAVERNE cutting in the Rapid Rooter Block and called it a day...

IMG_20131207_143918.jpg

IMG_20131207_160330.jpg

And a little later after the humidity had built back up...

IMG_20131207_163338.jpg

I've tried to make it as descriptive as possible so anyone can identify any mistakes or faults I may have made this time. Where's that damn rabbit's foot?

Why could you not just put holes in the bottom of the little thingamagigs you had them in? That is sorta how the ones I used last night are and you know all the experience I have with this so truly for what it is worth :goodjob:
It already has holes in the bottom but between last night & today I've seen vids by growers using this dome or one similar such as yours minus the insert tray. They don't mention why but I can use this thing attached to my shoulders on good days. Your opinion and everyone else's is very valued here. Don't ever feel that what you post on this thread isn't taken into consideration.

It already has holes in the bottom but between last night & today I've seen vids by growers using this dome or one similar such as yours minus the insert tray. They don't mention why but I can use this thing attached to my shoulders on good days. Your opinion and everyone else's is very valued here. Don't ever feel that what you post on this thread isn't taken into consideration.
You are a very kind person Sir :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

:high-five:

Thanks for the info hookup brother. :)
When did you water her after you put it into reveg?
I figure she will probably have a few days of shock so i didnt want her soggy. I figure ill wait a few days.

nice, hope they root for you. did you see the Jorge Cervantes cloning video?

it would be awesome to see that top stalk turn into a nice big root

Thanks for the info hookup brother. :)
When did you water her after you put it into reveg?
I figure she will probably have a few days of shock so i didnt want her soggy. I figure ill wait a few days.
I just kept watering normally as if I never harvested Spimp. You should already be on a "water only diet" because you don't feed after the final flush before harvest. I never even changed the schedule; Every 4 days or so. The only difference was it was no longer under 12/12. It was back to 18/6. & Oh yeah, it didn't smell as much... LOL

nice, hope they root for you. did you see the Jorge Cervantes cloning video?

it would be awesome to see that top stalk turn into a nice big root
B, do you have a link for this VID?

Back
Top Bottom