Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Can I ask the reason you like to put the coco in? Better drainage?
It was a suggestion by a former member who was an original kit user. He likes to experiment and I trust what he tells me. I told him I would try it and run clones in the coco mix along side straight promix. I had them in the same tent and fed them the same. I sent both to the lab and the coco had 2x the Terps and 7% higher in cannabinoids. I re-grew other tested clones in the coco mix and retested. Every time they came back with at least 50% more terps with potency equal or higher by a point or 2. Samples given out all reported back that they liked the coco mix better.

I am not familiar with coco, can you tell what exactly it is you are doing? Is it like a soil amendment?
Coco is an inert material made from the husks of coconuts that's often used in hydro. It can be mixed with soil and often replaces peat moss. It adds aeration to the soil, helps drainage, and helps retain moisture. I don't understand why the notably better results with the kit using it, but can't argue with the results and, I'm sure it also lowers the total cost of the soil mix by adding it. Nice! :thumb:

I’ve been thinking for a while about adding coco to my outdoor raised bed - I nearly did so over a year ago when I first made it and can’t remember now why I didn’t.

Since I saw you post a while back about the success with a little of it in the mix, I’ve been toying with adding some in... I definitely will now, once this season is done and I’m preparing for next. Not to my kit soil, yet. To the soil I made that I’m now amending with Doc’s custom amendment. One of the things I have read - and also was told by a fella who runs an organic gardening supply place (for canna) - is that it can be very good for increasing cation exchange capacity (CEC). Maybe that’s part of why the results are what they are. Consistent 50% increase in terps is no joke! Has to be some additional magic going on there. :passitleft:

I suppose at some point I should repeat the experiment but I haven't had any issues and I haven't had any complaints on the quality. Doc was pretty impressed with the samples I brought to Jamaica. I'm kinda past testing everything. I'm really only testing new ACE strains just to give them some feedback. If I want to know the potency of an untested strain, I'll make oil, the yield is really close to what the overall potency of the plant is. I am not recommending everyone try this, especially new kit users. Doc is testing the mix but doesn't want to have to troubleshoot it. If you do decide to try it you'll be mostly on your own. I use Canna Coco prewashed. When I mix a fresh kit I take out about 1/3 of the promix and add a 50 liter bag of the prewashed Canna Coco, add the amendment, EWC and mix like you always would and let it cook. Everything else is the same.

Thanks guys. I took the day off and plan to get some shit done!

Happy Birthday. Another FISH rising :cheer: I dont arrive until tomorrow

The Pisces personality is very friendly and selfless, but can at times feel overwhelmed by whirlwinds of strong emotions. Pisces traits include being creative, sensual, and imaginative.

Back
Top Bottom