Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

I bought GMO x 4DD from an auction. I received 2 boxes, one was GSC S1’s (forum Cut) and ECSD x 4DD. He asked me to forward the GSC to the original buyer and keep the ECSD cross for my trouble. I sent the GSC to the buyer.

Josh D OG is supposed to be the original OG. @CareStaker has a Josh D OG cut (supposed to be the original OG cut) along with another OG Kush cut as well. From what I saw him say not too long ago, the issue with the OG Kush is that it holds nutrients, especially N, and requires a very thorough flush in order to get it to smoke well.

All the OG Kush I tried was bland or meh. The first bit I got was locally grown and it tasted like nutrients. It was terrible. The second time I got it it came from cali and was no where near as nice as the Blue Dream from the same source or the other strains they had on hand. I then had a buddy get some from a dispensary and it was awful. There is a high likelihood it was all something else just called OG Kush to get it to move. I would have much rather had ECSD than OG Kush.

People Under the Stairs has ECSD crosses. They are supposed to have a real deal cut. They had S1's at one point but they no longer make them. I talked to him and he said that he gets barely any pollen when reversing the ECSD so it is not worth the effort to make them. His ECSDx4DD sounds like its a winner though.

I think the best way to go is to get a cut from a respectable nursery such as Wonderland... but if you can't make a trip to Southern Humboldt then S1seeds or their crosses are your best bet. Just take a look at Phylos and the OG group there and then check what's available. Last time I checked LeeRoy OG by Rare Dankness was identical with OG genetic core, so there you go :)

As far as growing is concerned High Brix soil is the way to go. Low nitrogen from the start, cause high N levels will push her to stretch like crazy, make branches floppy and prone to all kinds of shit like PM or grey mould. Additional boost of potassium is necessary though, but more EWC will fix it. It's important to get Ca:Mg ratio right too, cause OG is hungry for both and you need the balance for optimum terpene and cannabinoid production. And last but not least your RH should be running below 50% all the time, cause that's what really pushes her to frost up and reek of pine/fuel. I'm wondering if adding cold nights would be beneficial. Well considering PCK building block that might be the way to go :thumb:

I think the best way to go is to get a cut from a respectable nursery such as Wonderland... but if you can't make a trip to Southern Humboldt then S1seeds or their crosses are your best bet. Just take a look at Phylos and the OG group there and then check what's available. Last time I checked LeeRoy OG by Rare Dankness was identical with OG genetic core, so there you go :)

As far as growing is concerned High Brix soil is the way to go. Low nitrogen from the start, cause high N levels will push her to stretch like crazy, make branches floppy and prone to all kinds of shit like PM or grey mould. Additional boost of potassium is necessary though, but more EWC will fix it. It's important to get Ca:Mg ratio right too, cause OG is hungry for both and you need the balance for optimum terpene and cannabinoid production. And last but not least your RH should be running below 50% all the time, cause that's what really pushes her to frost up and reek of pine/fuel. I'm wondering if adding cold nights would be beneficial. Well considering PCK building block that might be the way to go :thumb:

That's excellent information there Con. Thank you! It sounds like it would be a good one to flower out in winter where I live. It's really hard to keep the humidity at 50% where I live in the winter. My Bubba is loving the lower humidity while my sativas are getting a little grumpy.

It's really hard to keep the humidity at 50% where I live in the winter. My Bubba is loving the lower humidity while my sativas are getting a little grumpy.

By February I need a humidifier going in my living room just to stay above 30%RH. That would be enough reason to use a tent if I need an indoor grow over the winter...

One of these days I may look for a legit OG to run but for now I have enough going on and enough of a seed stash to not to worry. i have a couple of things with Og in their name that will get run eventually. Thank you for the info bud! :thumb:

Does
One of these days I may look for a legit OG to run but for now I have enough going on and enough of a seed stash to not to worry. i have a couple of things with Og in their name that will get run eventually. Thank you for the info bud! :thumb:
@conradino23 Does Wonderland sell to anybody off the street? Or do I need some sort of card? If I can walk in and buy clones I will make a trip out of it.

It's enough you give them a call and book your clones I think.

That's excellent information there Con. Thank you! It sounds like it would be a good one to flower out in winter where I live. It's really hard to keep the humidity at 50% where I live in the winter. My Bubba is loving the lower humidity while my sativas are getting a little grumpy.

Yeah that's cause Afghani and Hindu Kush plants originally dealt with very low RH and sativas have grown in humid climate.

OK, now I gotta run it at least once. I don't buy weed from the dispensaries anymore but it doesn't surprise me that most of it is low quality. If it is challenging to grow then I know it wouldn't be a cash crop. There's too many new hybrids that are easy to grow and great for cash cropping. Do you have any suggested breeders that have the real deal? Also is there a breeder with the original ECSD? I'd love to get my hands on that too.
I have Humboldts version of it Neiko, not sure how it rates in the spectrum of OG Kush strains but I plan on running a few, I can keep an eye out for a good cut for you brother.

I’m praying he doesn’t, hope he finishes his time at OSU. Then you guys can have him. ;)
I think he'd be better served to come out this year. There are really on 2 QB's worthy of a 1st round pick this year and he is one of them. Next year is supposed to be a better QB class. He's in the running to be the 1st QB off the board now so I don't think he should risk getting hurt. Besides with the Head Coach leaving there's no point in hanging around. Let's just go ahead and get him in the Honolulu Blue and Silver. We'll have a new OC next year so he'll be able to learn with everyone else. I'm sure you guys got another stud waiting in the wings.

Back
Top Bottom