Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

I feel like most breeding has been concentrated towards aesthetics and flavors the past few decades. With social media these days people buy based on looks. I am guilty of this too. But I have run into people always seem to want the frostiest stuff, so that is what we mainly grow. It seems like it is the growers that value the great highs over looks only. Not the general market for now.
You hit that on the head. It is all about terps and frost. With more and more people just using their flower for concentrates, frost is king. That being said I do see a lot of the classics being phased out. Most do not care to have a nice Blueberry any more and good luck finding a real RKS skunk. It is a shame that these building blocks are getting tossed aside for nothing but cookie crosses. I am guilty of buying and running them (we do shop with our eyes) but I have been looking for a real diesel for years. Something that was once considered one of the best is now considered meh by most. Most no longer care for the gas and skunk but will gladly take garlic or watered down fruit.

Overlord is right btw. You do a better job of working through your collection than most of us. I am yet to run even a half pack of any one strain at once.

Yup, mid june is about right. I do have an enclosed sun porch however that I can use like a greenhouse to get things going a month earlier.

My memory may be fogged but thinking back to the 70's in Thailand I just don't recall dealing with seeds in the Thai sticks I was getting. I would fill my guitar case for maybe $20, they would come in bundles, I think 10 sticks in a bundle, maybe 20.
I wish I could've tried some real Thai stick. I was in the Army in the mid 80's but smoking weed was a big gamble then. We got randomly tested quite often so I didn't even think about smoking. The stuff around mid Michigan back then was mostly Mexican brick weed. By the time it reached us it was mostly shake with stems and seeds. I got my 1st taste of real weed when my buddy brought some back from California. It was called California Sensi and we smoked that like we would any other weed and I swear I was going to die I was so high. I had to get away from everyone and just try to calm down. I only started smoking again about 4.5 years ago for medicinal reasons. Now I'm chasing the classics. I like the new hybrids ok but I love the purer classics when I can find them. That's why I love growing the ACE strains. The variety in highs and flavors is amazing. The newer strains are fun to grow and are frosty as hell but I'm not getting the stand out highs from them. They all kinda run together for me. We did get some Thai in Jamaica last year that a local got for us. He has known @Duggan for many years and he hooked us up. I couldn't tell ya if it was real or not but the old smokers that were there seemed to think it fit the bill. It was like my head was plugged into an outlet it buzzed so hard. The Thai Chi hybrid I grew out from ACE is some of my all time favorite weed. It is so happy and uplifting with no paranoia, racing thoughts or racing heart, you just feel so damn good.
Used to get Thai Sticks back in the late 70's.....were about 3 to 5 inches long with small buds tied to the stick with hemp thread. Bestest buzz.....those were not easy to get back then....u had to have a really good connection to score those.
I even thought of making my own with this Thai Chi ....but....but......decided to smoke some instead.....ha!

A few months back, Hazeman (Infinity Genetics) had a limited run of Chocolate Thai. I picked up a pack but have yet to pop any. The buds supposedly grow very small & sparse which is why they used to tie a bunch of them to the sticks/stalks (sometime they came tied to bamboo sticks, other times, stalks from the plant). I don't know if he still has any available.

:high-five:Woo! @Mr. Krip

I picked up some of those thai seeds as well. I had not heard anything about their growing characteristics... do you know anything else? I have 5 growing now... I think they are 2 - 3 weeks old...

Nice, Bro! :high-five:

Only about 10% THC (but sure smoked like it was more! :ganjamon:). Here's some history:

Discovered in Thailand, Chocolate Thai is an entirely Sativa landrace that has a distinct terpene profile, giving it its chocolate flavor. Thanks to the combination of its flavor, coffee-colored buds, and a cerebral high that sent users floating, the strain was very popular from the 1960s through 1980s. Eventually, the strain's popularity began to fade due to its lower THC count and difficulty to grow. Some even claim that true Chocolate Thai went extinct in the mid-to-late 1980s.
The strain has been used in several hybrids in an attempt to save its particular flavor and effects. Real Chocolate Thai seeds were dark, often jet black, tiny, and spherical. Hard to come across and equally hard to sprout, this strain tended to hermie and died very easily. A dark plant, it had long and slim leaves growing in an asymmetrical fashion. It would have to survive 14 weeks to produce a small yield. In its heyday, the buds of this strain were sold tied to a stick, hemp, or bamboo with hemp rope like buds of another popular Thailand landrace strain Thai Stick.

Chocolate Thai Cannabis Strain

See Disclaimer

strainLogo-chocolate-thai.png

Chocolate Thai marijuana strain is a pure Sativa marijuana. The cannabis strain was bred in Thailand. The herb was very popular from the 1960s through 1980s. As the name suggests, Chocolate Thai marijuana look like little chocolate chunks. The nugs have delicious chocolate aroma and flavor. This marijuana strain is very hard to sprout and grow. Chocolate Thai is a good choice for beginners due to moderate THC levels. This weed is good for day and evening time use due to stimulating properties.

Type of High

Chocolate Thai marijuana strain induces strong cerebral euphoria. Energizes the mind, improves focus, boosts creativity. Alleviates depression and anxiety. Followed by body-mind relaxation and sleep. Controls pain and nausea. May cause paranoia.

Genetics

The exact genetic origins of Chocolate Thai cannabis strain are unknown, it is thought to be pure Sativa Thai landrace.

It's on the weak side, eh? Well good that I am growing a Chocolope fem next to them. That plant gave me some rippin' smoke!

The high is fantastic, despite the low THC! The issue for me is that 14 weeks is a lot of time to spend battling a plant that's tough to sprout, dies easy, and with a tendency to hermie to hopefully get a small yield! :rolleyes:

Yes... they both stretch a fair amount and roughly the same.
I have two more A5 X Panama(tester strain) and two other Sativas ,yet to be determined...either two more A5 X Malawi or two Zamadelica Elite's X Panama on 'deck'.cheers.
You're gonna raise your blood pressure growing more sativas in that room of yours.
:high-five:Woo! @Mr. Krip

I picked up some of those thai seeds as well. I had not heard anything about their growing characteristics... do you know anything else? I have 5 growing now... I think they are 2 - 3 weeks old...
Is that where the Thai you used in the cross with Lebanese came from?

The only thing I didn't like about it was it made me eat everything in the house.

omg that's been the downside of sativas with me, at least whatever I am smoking now does not give me the munchies. I am on the digital scale every morning... whether its age or biochem some foods will cause me some water retention and I can gain 3lbs in a day so that knowledge helps munchie combat .... and drinking more water/liquid. I only take 1 med and it happens to be a diuretic (hct) for blood pressure so when I see a sudden gain I double my small dosage that day or 2 and it usually works.

You're gonna raise your blood pressure growing more sativas in that room of yours.

dontcha know it! I am going to have to be careful.... my bp was crazy variable it has taken me years to figure out how to manage it. After years on lisinopril with and without hct I ran out of lisinopril while I was in Thailand last winter and started taking only the hct and my bp smoothed out very nicely. When taking both meds I'd often be like 160/90+ in the am but now seldom over 130/80 and evenings are often 110/70.

I feel like most breeding has been concentrated towards aesthetics and flavors the past few decades. With social media these days people buy based on looks. I am guilty of this too. But I have run into people always seem to want the frostiest stuff, so that is what we mainly grow. It seems like it is the growers that value the great highs over looks only. Not the general market for now.
seems like everything on the American Market is a take of OG Kush or some variety of Cookies. I just shake my head. Almost makes it so I don't want to run either.

:thanks: Maybe from a hobbiest stand point. I was listening to an interview with a guy the other day that never pops less than 100 of a strain. And he tests 5-20 strains at a time from various breeders. I was thinking when I grow up I want to be like that guy. #goals
Yeah thats a great way to do it if you can! Unrealistic for most of us though unfortunately. Not to mention all that freaking trimming!!

You hit that on the head. It is all about terps and frost. With more and more people just using their flower for concentrates, frost is king. That being said I do see a lot of the classics being phased out. Most do not care to have a nice Blueberry any more and good luck finding a real RKS skunk. It is a shame that these building blocks are getting tossed aside for nothing but cookie crosses. I am guilty of buying and running them (we do shop with our eyes) but I have been looking for a real diesel for years. Something that was once considered one of the best is now considered meh by most. Most no longer care for the gas and skunk but will gladly take garlic or watered down fruit.

Overlord is right btw. You do a better job of working through your collection than most of us. I am yet to run even a half pack of any one strain at once.
At the Harvest cup as I was talking several of the breeders there and after our conversation played its course, I had more than one say "Its refreshing to talk to someone about highs and terps and flavors as opposed to 'how high is the THC'.

Don't get me wrong, those numbers are nice and afterall do play a large role in what we are looking for......but its only part of the equation to me.

I actually heard more than one person at the seed booths say shit like "its only a 22% strain, I wouldn't waste my time". Felt like saying, are you really that stupid? But again, thats not Stank so I just shook my head and walked away". Its a crazy world! Concentrates definitely have changed perspective a bit when talking about what people want now.

Nice, Bro! :high-five:

Only about 10% THC (but sure smoked like it was more! :ganjamon:). Here's some history:
DJ Short said the best most intense weed he ever smoked was 12% THC.......think about that for a min. We have strains hitting 30's like its nothing and one of the most established breeders says 12% kicked his ass.....I am thinking there is a lot more to the magic of cannabis than just a % number.

DJ Short said the best most intense weed he ever smoked was 12% THC.......think about that for a min. We have strains hitting 30's like its nothing and one of the most established breeders says 12% kicked his ass.....I am thinking there is a lot more to the magic of cannabis than just a % number.

Still the most memorable high I recall was the Colombian gold, and some Jamaican import in the 70's and 80's full of seeds.
After that probably the skunk #1 in the mid 80's, bubblegum and so on.

I swear the high was better than most of what I see today, although as previously discussed the stuff today appeals to the senses more. More frost, scents and so on.

I agree 420%! The difference between 15% THC & 30% THC is simply two hits instead of one to get the same THC dosage, but it's the combination of other cannabinoids & terpenes that dictate the "effects". That being said, high THC is nice for those of us that make oil since yields are HIGHER. :bong:

I can't really speak to those times since I didn't really smoke. I puffed on the cheap shit that rolled through florida in the 80s but I stopped for a long long time. I missed all those old classics that everyone always talks about.

Back
Top Bottom