Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Yep good eye, I was too lazy to go look and see what day everything was on. NL is day 44.
She is looking good brother! Mine went longer than I thought it would. Breeder says 45-50 but mine went 64 from flip and 56 with hairs.

Everything else looks awesome as well!

Neiko, I wanted to get your opinion on adding first run amendment before cooking 2nd run soil. Do you do it or do you not re-amend the soil until 3rd run with the third run amendment??? :hmmmm:

It seems it's not needed for 2nd run but it also appears some growers are adding it. What's your take?

Neiko, I wanted to get your opinion on adding first run amendment before cooking 2nd run soil. Do you do it or do you not re-amend the soil until 3rd run with the third run amendment??? :hmmmm:

It seems it's not needed for 2nd run but it also appears some growers are adding it. What's your take?
I’d like to know this too. I only recently saw reference to using more amendment for the second run. Hadn’t seen a mention of it before. But it seems like it’s the done thing (?)

Amy, the bubba doesn't branch too well so as soon as the clone is established and has about 4-5 good new nodes I'll top it. I usually run it with about 4 mains

:thumb: :thanks:

Ok - that’s what I’ve recently discovered :thanks: again

On that same topic. I’m pretty sure my current first run mix is too rich with castings. I think I used the full 20lbs and they were fully dry so maybe it’s more. I’m starting to wonder if it’s one of the reasons the pots aren’t drying out so well (as well as the pesky gnats). Plus the BD is heavy with the claw which points toward maybe too much casting as well.

I’ll grow out my summer crop as well as I can with it this first run (and find out who likes it rich ;)) and then I’m wondering about not adding any more castings for the second run, just 1st run amendment and re-cook and see how that goes. Let the root balls and what ever is left in the soil do the job. Does that sound feasible?
:Namaste:

I’d like to know this too. I only recently saw reference to using more amendment for the second run. Hadn’t seen a mention of it before. But it seems like it’s the done thing (?)

:thumb::thanks:

From Doc's site SEE "AFTER YOUR FIRST GROW" Instruction part

Dont feel bad I missed it the first time as well ;)

EDIT PLEASE NOTE the part about the longer time between FOLIAR

amend2nd.png

Yeah - cheers gaz, that’s what I found just recently too :)

Am just wondering about the overdose of castings I seem to have. Anyhoo - will see how the rest of the first run plants go and asses later. I’ll definitely be using much less worm castings all round in the future.

I also read recently that the organic content should be around 8% which is super low, so that’s what makes me think I could easily back of the castings, a lot! (That 8% comes from Doc via Duggan).

Ok - that’s what I’ve recently discovered :thanks: again

On that same topic. I’m pretty sure my current first run mix is too rich with castings. I think I used the full 20lbs and they were fully dry so maybe it’s more. I’m starting to wonder if it’s one of the reasons the pots aren’t drying out so well (as well as the pesky gnats). Plus the BD is heavy with the claw which points toward maybe too much casting as well.

I’ll grow out my summer crop as well as I can with it this first run (and find out who likes it rich ;)) and then I’m wondering about not adding any more castings for the second run, just 1st run amendment and re-cook and see how that goes. Let the root balls and what ever is left in the soil do the job. Does that sound feasible?
:Namaste:
I've never had the claw from too much nitrogen but your thinking makes sense. I don't spray as often as others either. I spray brix every 2-3 weeks.

I've never had the claw from too much nitrogen but your thinking makes sense. I don't spray as often as others either. I spray brix every 2-3 weeks.
Hey Neiko, that’s good to know. So even in 1st run soil you still only spray every 2-3 weeks? Anything in between? De stress? I’m pretty sure the tip burning is from the Brix, showed up the day after I sprayed last. So you think I’d be better off spreading that out a bit? I spray every 8 days or so...

Hey Neiko, that’s good to know. So even in 1st run soil you still only spray every 2-3 weeks? Anything in between? De stress? I’m pretty sure the tip burning is from the Brix, showed up the day after I sprayed last. So you think I’d be better off spreading that out a bit? I spray every 8 days or so...
I hardly ever spray destress. I use that to help a stalled plant finish that's about it. Yes I spray at those intervals even in 1st run soil. You may benefit from backing off to every 14 days. Try it and see how it goes. You can always up the frequency.

Back
Top Bottom