Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

I have seen that mentioned more than once, @Gazoo built his own sprayer with dollar store items for the most part. Haven't heard him mention having any problems with it.

He has a thread on the build DIY Build - Under Leaf Extended Foliar Spray Attachment

Just reading through the conversation and THINKING i may swing by my Local OSH today
as they are now at 50 to80% off.

Hope I can pick up a few needed items for just the EXTENDA WAND part, this part will fit in
most if not all of the basic style Hand pump heads , If I can get enough to build a few I will
and if anyone wants just the attachment wand part I can make them for you at cost.

Oh I am still using them with NO ISSUES at all, works great since they spray up instead of forward
no need to turn bottle upside down.

Interesting I have had NO PROBLEM at all with clogging at all and the mist I get is the finest I have seen and
I have tried at least 4 different types, it very fine and wide

The difference is probably because you were a machinist and pay attention to the finest details and the OCD adds to that.
Just my guess....

EDIT: I was referring to OS going out of business. No offense intended

For spraying upside down, there's also a kind that has a flexible hose with a small weight on the end, so it always sits at the bottom of the liquid, no matter how you hold it. I gotta find me one of those.

The only thing with the flairisols is that they gum up pretty quickly. :confused:

And I found a hack for the huge bottle on the solo extendable wand model. The smaller bottle fits the extendable wand top. :) So I just bought a smaller bottle with the short wand and swapped 'em. :slide: It's still too much for a 4x4 but I can fill it halfway and get a good spray.
The big one will run until it's empty if you shift it around when it's running out. I mix a cup full up at a time without any problems.

The difference is probably because you were a machinist and pay attention to the finest details and the OCD adds to that.
Just my guess....

EDIT: I was referring to OS going out of business. No offense intended

Oh I was not offended at all Just wanted to clear up the fact I did not have problems with clogging ;)

BTW I have had problems with clogging when using my home made drip watering ring. Seems the
little nozzels have a thin material filter in them which can get clogged, I have found if you put them in
a pan of boiling water for a few seconds it softens them just enough so you can UN-SNAP the parts
and remove that filter, re-close and NO MORE ISSUES

Well that sucks they gum up so fast... wonder if I ran a mild soap solution through after each use of that would extend the life...
that’s a great jack with the smaller bottle fitting the extendable wand! Thanks for the tip!
I have had no issues with gumming up. I heard the same thing so when I bought them I bought a 6 pack. It's been 2+ years and I'm still using the same ones for Brix and Destress. I just rinse them out with warm water and spray warm water through it. So far so good. I hate using solo sprayers in the tents, it makes too big of droplets. The solo sprayers are great for soaking a plant like you do with leaf wash.

I have had no issues with gumming up. I heard the same thing so when I bought them I bought a 6 pack. It's been 2+ years and I'm still using the same ones for Brix and Destress. I just rinse them out with warm water and spray warm water through it. So far so good. I hate using solo sprayers in the tents, it makes too big of droplets. The solo sprayers are great for soaking a plant like you do with leaf wash.
Awesome, thanks Neikodog... I’ll buy a couple then! Much appreciated.

Ah ;) there we go, Being a bit OCD I always rinse them out with warm water and spray it through the
nozzle a few times so that could be the reason we have not had issues :high-five:

Not a whole lot going on lately. I'm down to 4 flowering plants and only 3 have buds. I've been busier at work than I'd like to be so I'm way behind in the garden. I hope to get a few plants flipped tomorrow. Here's the crew.
Neville's haze x malawi day 83

Thai/Zamal Zamaldelica x Ethiopian Day 28ish

Northern Lights day 26

Tomorrow I'll be flipping a deadly sativa from mass medical, thai chi clone, bangi Congo x malawi and bubba hash clone.

FYI, I've been using a 2 qt. solo sprayer that seems to work well. It does a pretty fine mist and, as you can see, has the adjustable nozzle. It's the model 419-2:

41%2B-p9Mg1EL.jpg

FYI, I've been using a 2 qt. solo sprayer that seems to work well. It does a pretty fine mist and, as you can see, has the adjustable nozzle. It's the model 419-2:

41%2B-p9Mg1EL.jpg
That’s the one I use too. Doc turned me on to it. I find it’s great for leafwash, but you have to pump it up super high and move quick for brix or destress, or it’s easy to over apply. The mist gets finer the higher the pressure. I can brix the whole garden in 1 minute or less. Mine is the model 420.:ganjamon:

Hmmm... won’t change back for me. I’ll try again once home!

Azon has been weird like that with me lately. Free 2 day shipping then when I go and check out it costs me money for 2 day ship?? WTF?

Here's a good sprayer and what I use. May as well go full monty - lots of foiler the girls love it.

I got the 1 gal I think - I fill it 1/2 way and that's enough for a lot of plants.

I soak my plants top to btm... rinse with warm water and spray to clean.

I bought this one early 2015 even cheaper now and mine still going strong. Best $10 I ever spent on growing gear.

61y67kKAipL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CHAPIN 20000 Garden Sprayer 1 Gallon

Azon has been weird like that with me lately. Free 2 day shipping then when I go and check out it costs me money for 2 day ship?? WTF?

Here's a good sprayer and what I use. May as well go full monty - lots of foiler the girls love it.

I got the 1 gal I think - I fill it 1/2 way and that's enough for a lot of plants.

I soak my plants top to btm... rinse with warm water and spray to clean.

I bought this one early 2015 even cheaper now and mine still going strong. Best $10 I ever spent on growing gear.

61y67kKAipL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CHAPIN 20000 Garden Sprayer 1 Gallon
Hey Bo, thanks for the link and info! I'll check into that one, appreciate it!

I got a little update today. I finally got caught up in the grow room. I've been way too busy with work to get anything done these past couple of weeks so today I got the Deadly Sativa, Thai Chi, Bubba Hash and Jamaican flipped. I got all my clones taken and everything watered. I'm feeling much better about things now that's all done. For those who didn't see in Duggan's journal the A5 x Malawi tested at 28.9% overall with 25.1% THC. It only had 3 Terpenes, Myrcene, Limonene and beta-Caryophyllene for a total of 1.49%. That is exceptional considering these are old genetics. That plant is a pure ass kicker and I'll be mixing in some CBD next time I smoke it. On to the pics.
Thai/Zamal Zamaldelica x Ethiopian Day 50

Bangi Congo x Malawi Day 7

Northern Lights #5 Day 37

Cannatonic Day 21

Back
Top Bottom