My Med Grow - A Lot Of Pics - No Slow Wifi - Seriously

I just got confused coming in here, man! lol

I'm loving your journal Sensei. I don't know if anyone else has already asked this, and you posted the answer already. Don't recall seeing it, but what exactly does your soil mix consist of?

Thanks man. Glad you stopped in, hope ya stick around.

I've decided against perpetual as to allow myself to do some more breeding. So things should be kinda slow for the next few weeks but ill flip the switch in about a week. Pics in the morning scouts honor. I share a pc. With two business owners so its hard to get time to upload photos.

Ok. Quick rundown of my extraction process.

Simple.5gal bucket with a 3/4 in ebb n Flo drain and some 3 inch hose. I also used a valve as u can see. Completely unnecessary.
galaxy_skyrocket_1832.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1839.jpg

Set on a milkcrate in the tub. And insert bags 25-175 (last 4) ensure a 2" gap between each bag.

Meanwhile I prepare a sprayer with ice and water. This spray should be new and never had chemicals or the like through it. Its worth the 20 bucks for a dedicated sprayer.
galaxy_skyrocket_1845.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1840.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1852.jpg

In a seperate 5 gallon bucket I insert my catch bag (220) then alternate ice trim ice trim etc. Until full or out if trim. Always start with ice and end with ice. Fill with water and let set 20-40 minutes before agitation.]
galaxy_skyrocket_1849.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1855.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1856.jpg

After its chilled for 20-40 minutes. agitate for 30 minutes. Ensuring to stop for 1 minute every 5 to allow any Loos trichs to sink through the bag. You should have a nice foam on top when ur done.
galaxy_skyrocket_1858.jpg

Pull your catch bag and dump the water from the bucket into your drain bucket with your other 4 bags
galaxy_skyrocket_1860.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1864.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1862.jpg

After the water has drained I begin pulling my bags up. (This part is where Matt rizes video comes in handy)
I pull the bags further down the sides to bring the bottom up toward the top and taught like a drum skin. Using the sprayer to push the mass and any trichs stuck on the side down to the center.

Once centered I proceed to hit the mass with the sprayer. I do this for about 2-3 minutes each bag. Al the while "rolling or swishing " the bucket around. (Again please refer to matts video)

As you can see above this it pushes the green out and helps clarify the hash.
galaxy_skyrocket_1873.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1868.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1871.jpg

I then scoop my material onto coffee filters, set them on a paper towel then press the paper towel. This lump is how it will remain for 24-36 hours (until a hard shell forms around the mass.)

galaxy_skyrocket_1875.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1878.jpg

After the shell has formed it is run through a zester onto parchment paper. This part can be difficult and a bit messy. I use a brownie tray (the sides help contain the hash), after zesting place it in a jar with the lid off for 24 hours then begin 12 hours with the lid on 12 off until the hash has reached the moisture level I want.

Over the course of these few days the color will change dramatically as u can see below.
galaxy_skyrocket_1895.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1891.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1892.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1897.jpg
galaxy_skyrocket_1900.jpg

Then enjoy.

Important notes
I use the rounded smooth egg beater on a drill and the sodden spoon by hand. I don't recommend the flat egg beaters as they less agitate and more molest the trim. I always seem far more green matter when I use the flat style.

The wooden spoon is used on my minute breaks to help push the trichomes down. I don't use it much to agitate.

Don't be afraid to hit the mass with some pressure when using the sprayer (the more u can use without physically blasting the mass out of the bag the better, the more green will get washed away giving Iliad a cleaned brighter more colorful product)

Hope this helps someone. Its basically rizes process without the bubble now machine. Follow these steps and u will see full melt every time.

The last and most important thing j can stress is the bags. You will notice I don't use the traditional plastic sided bags. They are wretched and will cause more hassle than they are worth. I wont recommend a brand but I will say do your research and spend a little extra THE BAG IS EVERYTHING. if u don't buy good ones you will regret it. Take it from the man whose almost 1k into bags.

I noticed some strains turn darker than others while drying huh? I wonder if fully dry hash tastes as good as it looks. Have you ever tried it full powdery crystal dry like Matt's? I always keep a little moisture in (not moisture moisture, you know what I mean), is there a sweet spot for bubble hash in RH%? Like 62% ,for example, for buds.

I noticed some strains turn darker than others while drying huh? I wonder if fully dry hash tastes as good as it looks. Have you ever tried it full powdery crystal dry like Matt's? I always keep a little moisture in (not moisture moisture, you know what I mean), is there a sweet spot for bubble hash in RH%? Like 62% ,for example, for buds.

Awesome question I didn't bother to address. I have tried it bone dry and its just as good just Burns a bit to fast and doesn't press well. Ones the RH is at 58% I seal the jar for at least a week to cure before smoking. By the time is cured it sits about 55% humidity (perfect IMO) nut I'd chalk that up to preference really. Long as its dry enough not to mold. In cure.

Ok guys. Dry weight is in.
For the legal protection of the forum and all involved I will be unable to do the quess my yield giveaway. But if anyone wants to take a last minute guess I'm all for it. (Hint: it was over .8 GPW)

Great looking crop, that strain looks killer. Do you have a journal for your breeding projects?

Great grow! Love the hash tutorial. +reps :)

Back
Top Bottom