My Introduction To DWC Hydroponics

I would change her out , my girls do the same in the 5 gallon buckets , Four days is normal . You’ll never make a week once they get into flower . I normally start at 1000-1100 ppm then hit 300-350 ppm I change her out . I hot topped when I ran advanced Nutrients but not with the mc.
Great to hear procedure went well and your already up and about.
Well, I may have to let her go until 350.
I only hot top during the first few weeks of veg.
Thanks West.

Do you think it was beneficial to hot top ?
Once the seed has germinated I immediately place it in rock wool and then into the net-cup. My set-up has top feed as well so I put it in its permanent location immediately after germination, irrigating for fifteen minutes every six hours. The roots follow the drips down to the res.
Since I only grow a single plant in a seventeen gallon res, there isn't much nutrients usage the first few weeks of veg. I start with the seedling feed schedule and increase weekly, per chart, until I hit around 900 ppm.
After that I don't hot top at all. I will add additional MSA and CalMag as needed.
I don't hot top during flower.

Extra clean roots , you’ll never have to worry about uptake. Is this on the dwc or the rdwc ?
Hay Hip,
Those are DWC roots. I am not sure when I will run my new RDWC. Wanted to tell you I found a couple PPM pens that match. One is the big Truncheon from BlueLab $$$ and the other for $35 is from VIVOSUN (3 in 1 meter). Vivosun makes the air pumps @Rexer turned me on to also.

Hay Hip,
Those are DWC roots. I am not sure when I will run my new RDWC. Wanted to tell you I found a couple PPM pens that match. One is the big Truncheon from BlueLab $$$ and the other for $35 is from VIVOSUN (3 in 1 meter). Vivosun makes the air pumps @Rexer turned me on to also.
I give up on my blue lab , for what the probe cost I can get 6 cheaper pens for ppm , I drop at least three in the same solution and if two match I use those . For my ph pen is the apera ph20 I’ve had since 2019 plus I bought another of the same in early 2022 , both still going strong. I do buy the storage solution to keep them like new .
You got them girls looking great , great work for the first time in hydro.

Ahoy There!
Huge hugs for my buddy @Bill284. Bill had a garden fire a while back and posted about the ordeal.

I have dual degrees in electrical and electronic engineering. Engineering!

My garden just failed a safety inspection. Badly :rolleyes:

Ahoy There!
Huge hugs for my buddy @Bill284. Bill had a garden fire a while back and posted about the ordeal.

Electrician here also associates degree in electrical power technology . First job was strictly electrical for 10 years then plant closed took a maintenance job as the welder ,pipe fitter ,mechanic and electrical . Also safety director got dumped on me . My grow room is 110’ away from the house ,12’x16’ outbuilding with an over kill 60 amp service nothing blinks here .

Ahoy There!

Oh no. :rolleyes:
You have smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher until you get reorganized, correct?
What was the defect?

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

Ahoy There!

Garden update

We continue with the thought on bucket # 3 being she is not going to hold her flowers very well by herself. She was born with her helmet sticking to the waterboard and lost it when we tried to plant her. The plant is healthy but way too branchy and thin branched at that. The two larger plants have been a breeze to garden. My lack of a scrog should not be a problem for them. I think other folks DWC with scrogs, but I don’t know how that could work. I need big thick solid branches. Bumped the silica for #3 but she just has troubles.

Todays numbers

B-1 Level = down 7.5 cm

Ist check ppm 1050 ph 5.95 temp 64.2

Add ro 4,000 ml

2nd check ppm 750 ph 6.05 temp 64.1

B-2 Level = down 3 cm

Ist Checks ppm 825 ph 5.9 temp 64.9

Add r/o 1,900 ml

2nd check ppm 711 ph 5.92 temp 64.9

B-3 Level = down 3 cm

1ts Check ppm 857 ph 5.82 temp 65.3

Add ro 1600 ml

2nd check ppm 730 ph 5.91 temp 64.9

That’s too low will slow things down, I use a bottle of hot water . I put them in an empty bucket while I heat the water up . Get them to 72-73 watch as it takes off the next morning. And thanks Tokin Roll great idea with the wrap , I’ve got two mats .
Like the math , your making me translate to gallons. Keeps what’s left of my brain working.:yahoo:

That’s too low will slow things down, I use a bottle of hot water . I put them in an empty bucket while I heat the water up . Get them to 72-73 watch as it takes off the next morning. And thanks Tokin Roll great idea with the wrap , I’ve got two mats .
Like the math , your making me translate to gallons. Keeps what’s left of my brain working.:yahoo:
I think I will give that a shot. Doubt they have ever been that warm.

A no brainer is moving my ready to add r/o from the coldest part of the basement. How silly of me. I have plenty of room in the garden. That will help tomorrow, but today I am going with the @West Hippie thermal jumpstart.

Back
Top Bottom