My First Outdoor/In Ground Grow

IMG_3626.jpeg
It’s a Jerry kind of night!

There's something poetic about having your pipe turned upside down on the last day of the days between. ☮️

I thought this was very good . . .

He sang in the cracked and reedy voice that made him sometimes sound on the verge of tears. His idea of stagecraft was to stand stock-still and utter not a word to the delirious multitudes who adored him. And yet he was a riveting figure onstage, a benevolent Buddha whose face beamed with merriment and sometimes sorrow as crystalline notes floated and soared and burst from the custom-made guitar that he seemed to play not with his hands, but his heart.
"For me," Garcia once said about the music he performed for over 30 years as leader of the Grateful Dead, "it's always emotional."

This is the part of growing weed where I have the least amount of confidence in terms of when to chop.

This auto is 10 weeks old and it meets the criteria for harvest now in terms of brown pistols laying flat on buds ( no white pistols), trichs about 100% milky, plant not using hardly any water.

So it's my understanding that if I want these buds to have their highest potency I would take them now. But if I want these buds to be larger and more indica forward I would wait until I see some amber trychs.

Am I understanding this correctly please???

PS @Bill284, you had to show me in my own photos last winter that I did have some amber but I'm hawking these two autos closely this time.

IMG_20240812_100651593_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240812_100732131_HDR.jpg

Thanks man, appreciate the clear answer! Yes, I do have a jewelers loop. I'm glad you mentioned this, I'm going to get it out and let what I see with it make the final decision on harvest.

PS I actually want this to be indica forward ( but no couch lock).

Thanks again friend! 🙏
You are correct buddy. More amber = couch lock. All milky white is highest potency. Do you have a jewelers loop?

Thanks man, appreciate the clear answer! Yes, I do have a jewelers loop. I'm glad you mentioned this, I'm going to get it out and let what I see with it make the final decision on harvest.

PS I actually want this to be indica forward ( but no couch lock).

Thanks again friend! 🙏

Any time my friend. I'm still too green to offer help to fellow growers on most subjects. But I do know when it's time to sharpen the ax and get to choppin.

Hey Terrapin....forgot look at the trichomes on the buds not the sugar leaves. This time it was a senior moment not a stoner moment. Unfortunately I'm at work.

Thanks man, didn't know that--will do.

I love that expression, "stoner moment." 😂

Actually, the real humor is comparing/contrasting it with"senior moment." 😂😂

I remember expressing gratitude to you alot at the Jubilee . . . this still seems to be the predominant feeling now. 🙏

To add to @Ramblinrose1965

When you check for amber look at a few different places to know when to harvest. Sometimes the bottom bud will start to amber up before the top.

Wow, good to know! I've just always looked at the buds on the top half of the plant. 🙏

Wow, good to know! I've just always looked at the buds on the top half of the plant. 🙏
Another thing came to mind. Not sure about autos but you can harvest photos in sections. Harvest the top colas and let the bottom ones finish then harvest the lower colas. Probably holds more true for indoor grows as opposed to you lucky fellows growing outdoors.

Well the sun is setting on a beautiful day and I'm happy to say the photos on shakedown street have officially started blooming. Good call on the timing of this @Trump.

Now I guess we are off to the finish line as well as engineering a way to make my screen taller without having it blow over. 🤣

I love growing weed. 🙂
IMG_20240812_180229178_HDR~2.jpg

Well the sun is setting on a beautiful day and I'm happy to say the photos on shakedown street have officially started blooming. Good call on the timing of this @Trump.

Now I guess we are off to the finish line as well as engineering a way to make my screen taller without having it blow over. 🤣

I love growing weed. 🙂
IMG_20240812_180229178_HDR~2.jpg
Dude well done. You should be proud of those :)

Back
Top Bottom