My First Outdoor/In Ground Grow

RIP brother Brent! 34 years ago today.

IMG_3499.jpeg

Sitting here having a high time on Sirius and want to share what I've learned. Last winter I learned you absolutely have to have a wet dry cycle indoors, but outside you absolutely do not. And, in fact if you want to grow monster autos and a respectable tree in a bag they always need to be wet to "wettish."

That's all for now except to say @Ramblinrose1965 you should really get Sirius man. 😂

IMG_20240727_152509872_HDR~2.jpg

PS @Trump , the auto on the left is about a week older than the one on the right. All hail MG potting mix and MG plant food. 😂☮️

@Trump

Very Nice!! 🙂🙏

I think growing weed is definitely an addiction bordering on obsession for me. 😂

Thanks again for everything brother man!!

PS now I need to figure out what I'm doing for an indoor grow this fall. Hopefully I'll do a better job planning as opposed to last year. Lol

@Trump

Very Nice!! 🙂🙏

I think growing weed is definitely an addiction bordering on obsession for me. 😂

Thanks again for everything brother man!!

PS now I need to figure out what I'm doing for an indoor grow this fall. Hopefully I'll do a better job planning as opposed to last year. Lol
Yup! You should have most of the tools you need to go to harvest without a hitch. The only thing you'll be lacking is in diagnosing deficiencies or other issues but that's a skill that only comes with experience and heartbreak!!!

@Trump

It's been typical SW Ohio weather so far since the middle of May when I planted them in the ground, with the only exception being a one week heat wave with temps in the mid 90's and full sun. They just kind of tolerated that week.

But, you're correct they have flourished before and after the heat wave. May was typical with nice days in the 70's and nights down to lower 50's, a couple in the upper 40's. During June and July we've had a lot of sunny days with temps mostly in the mid to upper 80's. There have been some string storms during this time and what is cool is it always seems to rain at just the right time. I haven't watered these plants in the garden for 8 weeks.

But here's the thing, I live in what is known as the Miami Valley in Ohio. What is unique about this area is very high humidity in August. So that's kind of in the back of my mind going into Aug now.

I have all of the photos limbed up/lollipopped and the centers of the plants trimmed and opened up for air circulation. And, with the exception of the plant next to the compost box all the plants have excellent air circulation around the foliage, so I feel good about this going forward.

As far as I can tell so far the valley is an excellent place to grow weed.

I'm in Ohio too!! Just moved from Columbus to Southeast. Muskingum county. If you're ever in the neighborhood!! 😎✌️
That's very cool! 😎 👍

I go to a music festival every May in Thornville. I met @Ramblinrose1965 there last May. We are both planning on going back this May. I don't know if the Dark Star Jubilee is your cup of tea, but I highly recommend it. 🙂☮️

Hey, I live up in Northern Ohio, Findlay. I am doing an experiment kind of, with some plants indoors with T5 lights, some plants in 7-gallon pots outdoors, and some plants in the soil outdoors, just our soil in the area, feeding and watering them all. The biggest plants so far are the soil plants as far as visual view, but they will not be judged until after harvest, after drying and curing. then I will add up the dried flowers for each of the 3 categories divide it out to how many plants to an average weight of flower per plant.

That's cool. It sounds like we have a similar experiment going on. My plants in the ground are superior to the others also.

I lived in Lima for two years, I like it in that part of the state. I loved fishing at the reservoirs.

Do you have any idea when our plants in the ground might start flowering?
Hey, I live up in Northern Ohio, Findlay. I am doing an experiment kind of, with some plants indoors with T5 lights, some plants in 7-gallon pots outdoors, and some plants in the soil outdoors, just our soil in the area, feeding and watering them all. The biggest plants so far are the soil plants as far as visual view, but they will not be judged until after harvest, after drying and curing. then I will add up the dried flowers for each of the 3 categories divide it out to how many plants to an average weight of flower per plant.

Terrapin your outdoor plants have probably started to flower, look for 2 little white growth on the branches and the tips of the branches, small very easy to overlook. But now I have 2 strains growing as well, one strain is well into flower with the branches getting thick with flower, the other strain not much flowering going on but seeing the first signs coming. I would recommend feeding with a bloom builder fertilizer, it can be bought at any big box store for around 6.00. Harvest will be somewhere around Oct 1, could be later or sooner. Just do not pick to soon, just to check them, no, no. In late flowering the plants flowers seem to double each week, just think what you are losing picking 2 weeks early. Now for fishing I am or was a avid fisherman most of my life, getting older now. Used to have a cabin in N Michigan, 25 years, for river salmon, now that is fishing. I am sick of Erie but have caught a truck load of walleye over my life out of there. Deer hunter also.

Terrapin your outdoor plants have probably started to flower, look for 2 little white growth on the branches and the tips of the branches, small very easy to overlook. But now I have 2 strains growing as well, one strain is well into flower with the branches getting thick with flower, the other strain not much flowering going on but seeing the first signs coming. I would recommend feeding with a bloom builder fertilizer, it can be bought at any big box store for around 6.00. Harvest will be somewhere around Oct 1, could be later or sooner. Just do not pick to soon, just to check them, no, no. In late flowering the plants flowers seem to double each week, just think what you are losing picking 2 weeks early. Now for fishing I am or was a avid fisherman most of my life, getting older now. Used to have a cabin in N Michigan, 25 years, for river salmon, now that is fishing. I am sick of Erie but have caught a truck load of walleye over my life out of there. Deer hunter also.

Thanks for the info. 🙏 I lived in Michigan when I was in high school, that was the favorite state I ever lived in especially for fishing and hunting.

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology, but I've had the 2 white pistols at the nodes for several weeks now through most of the vege state on the photos. We are down to about 14 hrs. of daylight now, I guess I'm wondering when they will switch over to the official flowering stage and start to flower with something more than two white hairs?

Salmon sounds good all of a sudden. 🙂👍

Back
Top Bottom