My First Outdoor/In Ground Grow

Yes I wet trim the day after picking if not that day. Look on a grower's supply shop on the internet, you will see the layered round nets for drying, I can get around 6 OZ on each layer wet, pick off about 2 1/2 oz when dry per layer. They fold up to nothing when not in use.

Excellent! Thanks Sir--I appreciate it!! 👍👍

I think I know everything I need to know about finishing this grow now except for one thing . . .

Can I put fresh buds in a bowl trimmer before going in drying nets?

It seems like fresh buds would gum up the blades pretty fast?

You can and, yes, the rubber blades get gummed up pretty quickly.

I've used a bowl trimmer a few times but the first time I tried it I almost gave up on it. It lasted about 3 hours before it broke. My partner was cranking on that thing trying to get through the rough trim part. I kept telling him to take it easy. He broke the handle off the bowl.

I've found the best way to use a bowl trimmer is to introduce the flowers at the right time meaning not fresh from being cut down but maybe a few days after they've been hung allowing the leaves to dry up a bit and will snap off easier in the bowl trimmer. You could let them dry up a bit and it'll be easier but you'll also knock off more trichomes if you let it go a little drier.

You can and, yes, the rubber blades get gummed up pretty quickly.

I've used a bowl trimmer a few times but the first time I tried it I almost gave up on it. It lasted about 3 hours before it broke. My partner was cranking on that thing trying to get through the rough trim part. I kept telling him to take it easy. He broke the handle off the bowl.

I've found the best way to use a bowl trimmer is to introduce the flowers at the right time meaning not fresh from being cut down but maybe a few days after they've been hung allowing the leaves to dry up a bit and will snap off easier in the bowl trimmer. You could let them dry up a bit and it'll be easier but you'll also knock off more trichomes if you let it go a little drier.

Man, you make things so clear and so easy.

Okay, that's that I'll hang and dry and hand trim buds with my friends until they and I can't stand it anymore, and that will be Grade I. Then the rest will be hung for a few days and then go through the bowl trimmer as Grade II.

Seriously, thanks so much for your excellent help since last winter. 👊👊👊

Okay, that's that I'll hang and dry and hand trim buds with my friends until they and I can't stand it anymore, and that will be Grade I. Then the rest will be hung for a few days and then go through the bowl trimmer as Grade II.

You and said friends are gonna do a couple of life sentences in trim jail. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I might be at the weed/beer stage now where whoever your with you say "You're my best friend man" or "I love you man." 🤣

But, I really am so grateful to the people here who have helped me learn how to grow weed! I really am! Even @Ke0ncp . 😂😂😂

You know who you are. 👍☮️

Hopefully I can pay it forward in the future.

When harvesting I trim my flowers of the fan leaves and most sugar leaves. I sit and pick every green flower off each stem, clean down to the bones. As I trim I then throw the flower in a bowl, tub, bucket whatever you are using. When I am done with the first trim, I throw away the fan leaves and stems. Next is the bowl trimmer, mine has a long razor blade that runs under the grate. I only put a few hand full's of flower into the bowl trimmer each time, the bowl trimmer then you spin it for just a minute or two, stopping to look at the flower, you will see how the dispensaries trim now, nice looking flower. Place the flower on the layers of my netting, good to go for a week or two then into jars. Also everything in the bowl is what you can call shake, whatever. Great to make butter or oil, I have smoked it off and on. Each of those small buds are in the bowl as they fall through so it is got some kick.

When harvesting I trim my flowers of the fan leaves and most sugar leaves. I sit and pick every green flower off each stem, clean down to the bones. As I trim I then throw the flower in a bowl, tub, bucket whatever you are using. When I am done with the first trim, I throw away the fan leaves and stems. Next is the bowl trimmer, mine has a long razor blade that runs under the grate. I only put a few hand full's of flower into the bowl trimmer each time, the bowl trimmer then you spin it for just a minute or two, stopping to look at the flower, you will see how the dispensaries trim now, nice looking flower. Place the flower on the layers of my netting, good to go for a week or two then into jars. Also everything in the bowl is what you can call shake, whatever. Great to make butter or oil, I have smoked it off and on. Each of those small buds are in the bowl as they fall through so it is got some kick.

Man, this is pure gold to me. Thanks so much Brother Man. 🙏🙏🙏 👣

When I used a bowl trimmer I would rough trim it all through the bowl and then fine trim after. Keep in mind, I was trimming for dispensaries so it had to look pretty so fine trimming was necessary for bag appeal but for your own personal smoke you can probably get away with a rough trim through the bowl trimmer.

Let them hang for a couple days then remove all the water leaves while they're hanging. You can remove them when you just cut them down but that will speed drying a bit. After a couple more days you can put them in the bowl trimmer and do your thing.

When I used a bowl trimmer I would rough trim it all through the bowl and then fine trim after. Keep in mind, I was trimming for dispensaries so it had to look pretty so fine trimming was necessary for bag appeal but for your own personal smoke you can probably get away with a rough trim through the bowl trimmer.

Let them hang for a couple days then remove all the water leaves while they're hanging. You can remove them when you just cut them down but that will speed drying a bit. After a couple more days you can put them in the bowl trimmer and do your thing.
A rough trim through the bowl as you have described sounds very good to me! 🙏🙏🙏

I just ordered a vivosun 19" bowl trimmer and the vivosun 8 layer drying rack.

I feel like I have all options and can try all methods now.

I might have been freaking out a little bit last week 🙂 when I started to wonder how I would process these plants. Thanks again very much to each of you for taking time to help me get this worked out!! 🙏🙏

As I was reading down through this it made me remember about 10 years ago and for a number of years. My bowl trimmer was named the "ice cream maker" due to its handle to turn it, as you know or will soon know trimming is a JOB. So, I would invite some special friends, some that did not even smoke but would drink beer and talk with me, all the time being amazed on what they were looking at, they all took pride in running my bowl trimmer and would nearly argue on who's turn it was, saved my shoulder. Still have it after all these years. I tried not to harvest more than 5 plants per day. Too get it all trimmed up and drying that is a full job right there. This year legal here so out on my picnic table, one limb at a time.

This is inspiring. Your picnic table sounds like a pretty cool place. ☮️

As I was reading down through this it made me remember about 10 years ago and for a number of years. My bowl trimmer was named the "ice cream maker" due to its handle to turn it, as you know or will soon know trimming is a JOB. So, I would invite some special friends, some that did not even smoke but would drink beer and talk with me, all the time being amazed on what they were looking at, they all took pride in running my bowl trimmer and would nearly argue on who's turn it was, saved my shoulder. Still have it after all these years. I tried not to harvest more than 5 plants per day. Too get it all trimmed up and drying that is a full job right there. This year legal here so out on my picnic table, one limb at a time.

Man, this this thing is huge and weighs a ton. 🙂

IMG_20240828_104323816~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom