My First Outdoor/In Ground Grow

Thanks Bro! Could you tell me what you mean by buckets please? ☮️
THIS

hahah its HUGE and looks like a tree! You better get some buckets for curing, not sure grove bags are going to cut it for you! LOL

That's what I understand too and is why I went with the all black grove bags so that they can just sit in my grow room and do not have to be kept in a drawer or anything :)

Thanks Bro! Could you tell me what you mean by buckets please? ☮️
IMG_3710.jpeg

After thinking about buckets of buds I looked at my plants today imagining what it would be like to harvest and process them and I think I'm realizing for the first time I'm really in over my head.

Almost 100% of the branches have flowers. (zoom in photo below) That means even when I cut the branches all 4 of these will have to go in my house. The room I have dedicated as a drying room will not hold all of these.

And, it's like there's no way I'm going to trim thousands of buds with my little trim scissors. That would suck. 😂

I need to find creative solutions for these two issues.

1.) Some way to skip the hanging process for initial drying.

2.) And, maybe some kind of homemade tumbler of some sort.

I know people are laughing with me on this and not at me. 😂

Any thoughts ?

IMG_20240821_113217384_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240821_113050707_HDR.jpg

They make bowl trimmers to help speed up trimming. I am not sure what they cost but I have seen them here on 420. When your trees are ready for harvest you are going to have a lot of trimming to do. But it will be nice to have all that weed. :thumb: 🍋

After thinking about buckets of buds I looked at my plants today imagining what it would be like to harvest and process them and I think I'm realizing for the first time I'm really in over my head.

Almost 100% of the branches have flowers. (zoom in photo below) That means even when I cut the branches all 4 of these will have to go in my house. The room I have dedicated as a drying room will not hold all of these.

And, it's like there's no way I'm going to trim thousands of buds with my little trim scissors. That would suck. 😂

I need to find creative solutions for these two issues.

1.) Some way to skip the hanging process for initial drying.

2.) And, maybe some kind of homemade tumbler of some sort.

I know people are laughing with me on this and not at me. 😂

Any thoughts ?

IMG_20240821_113217384_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240821_113050707_HDR.jpg
Buy more trimming scissors and invite some friends over. Lots of friends. Just let me know and I will be on my way over.

Alright, I think I have the bud trimming/processing part under control now.

This leaves hanging the plants do dry.

This might be unconventional, but what if I just take the colas from the perimeter of the plants and hang those in the drying room? I might be able to get everything in there doing it this way.

It's like this is how I dry my autos from day one, I only hang the buds. And actually I wet trim these as well and it seems to work out well.

I could just snip of the colas from the photos and hang them on the clothes lines in the room to start maybe?

TS, if you have a spare or little-used refrigerator you can dry a whole bunch of the bud inside there.

BTW, hope you don't mind me lurking around here. I've been watching your grow but have yet to say a word about it. The reason: I'm speechless!

Great growing! :Rasta:

TS, if you have a spare or little-used refrigerator you can dry a whole bunch of the bud inside there.

BTW, hope you don't mind me lurking around here. I've been watching your grow but have yet to say a word about it. The reason: I'm speechless!

Great growing! :Rasta:

Thanks very much--appreciate it! ☮️

Man oh man i ache looking at those monsters. Last season i got so burnt out trimming 7 not as big as yours but it was long days. I ended up calling a friend and giving away the bottom half of 2 plants. No more than 4 for me anymore and perhaps less next summer. I just contain them more in smaller pots. Harder having to water 2xday during the intense heat we had here and yes they suffered and yellow leaf all over but they are doing good now with the low 80s and cool nights. Mine are 3wks in flower now and going strong. Mine are all under 6ft and i removed alot of branches.

IMG_20240821_121702941_HDR  8-21.jpg

Hey @Grand Daddy Black Do you have step by step how to cure in the fridge? Sounds interesting. My gf let's me grow clones and dry weed in the spare bathroom.....maybe cure weed in the fridge too. Lol
DrZiggy has an entire thread devoted to the subject HERE.

In a nutshell, I remove the buds from the stems and put them in a gift box lined with parchment paper. I put the top on the box and stick it in the fridge. Every few days I'll jumble them around in the box, changing their positions. It usually takes a few weeks for them to get dry enough to jar/bag up.

1724272942468.png

I've also used paper bags to go in the fridge and I've used Mason jars with the metal insert in the top removed and replaced with cheesecloth.

1724272885092.png

I hope (and the link) helps.

DrZiggy has an entire thread devoted to the subject HERE.

In a nutshell, I remove the buds from the stems and put them in a gift box lined with parchment paper. I put the top on the box and stick it in the fridge. Every few days I'll jumble them around in the box, changing their positions. It usually takes a few weeks for them to get dry enough to jar/bag up.

1724272942468.png

I've also used paper bags to go in the fridge and I've used Mason jars with the metal insert in the top removed and replaced with cheesecloth.

1724272885092.png

I hope (and the link) helps.
Thank You so much Grand Daddy Black! I will give that a look see. My drying time always seems to happen too quickly. Last harvest hanging the entire plant upside down was 6 days. Rh was about 60% and temp was a little too high @ about 70°. As a matter of fact all my grows average about 6 days to dry.
Peace

Man oh man i ache looking at those monsters. Last season i got so burnt out trimming 7 not as big as yours but it was long days. I ended up calling a friend and giving away the bottom half of 2 plants. No more than 4 for me anymore and perhaps less next summer. I just contain them more in smaller pots. Harder having to water 2xday during the intense heat we had here and yes they suffered and yellow leaf all over but they are doing good now with the low 80s and cool nights. Mine are 3wks in flower now and going strong. Mine are all under 6ft and i removed alot of branches.

IMG_20240821_121702941_HDR  8-21.jpg
Right, live and learn! ✔️👍

Back
Top Bottom