My First Atempt Growing Big Bud & Hindu Kush Skunk

ggrant thx for your input :) altough the temprature here is higher , the humidity in the air makes it realy cold , but in the summer at least im sure i could grow outside , and about the grow box , im working on a nice one , should be redy in a couple of days , when i have it fully operational i will post some pictures in here ;) cheers

Hey K, QTL, 2js and everyone else, how are we doing this fine evening? Just thought I'd take a break from reading all my training course stuff..shew! a lot to take in, but well worth every minute of it :thumb:

How's the babies going K?

I saw your pics and they look good to me as well :goodjob:

The only thing I would do now is top your pot(s) off at the top with soil, but not covering the leafs, on the one that's stretched out ;)

This will promote new root growth as well as keep it from toppling over.

You want to keep that light close as well, you really need a reflector over the top of your lights, so that you can get all the light you can get directly on them.

They will stretch like that when they are trying to get more light so, they look like that's the case here too.

They do look healthy tho, so---> :bravo::welldone::goodjob::thumb:

Good to see y'all again my friends, I'll come around and ck things out when I can...ok?

~420 warrior

TokeQueen said:
Idon't understand degrres C

17 degrees C = 62 degrees F
-2 degrres C = 28 degrees F

A good rule of thumb to remember is that room temperature is 20 degrees C or 68 degrees F. From there on, each degree change Celsius results in about 2 degrees change Fahrenheit (1.8 degrees actually). Par exemplo,
25 C = 78 F
15C = 58 F
A more accurate way is: every 5 degree change C = 9 degrees change F
This is exact. So
10 C = 68 - 2 X 9 = 50 F
35 C = 68 + 3 X 9 = 85 F

Crazy Commie said:
Where will i fit those monsters ? O.O! ZOMG ! lol

My box will be only 55cm high !

LOL! Did you think you were growing bonzais? Some sativas in the wild can grow to over 20 feet (over 6 meters) tall! You definitely need a bigger box. The babies look really cute!

When they first sprout, they sometimes need a little support to keep them from toppling over, especially if they are starting to stretch. More intense light will help them toughen up their stalks. As they get older the stems turn from green to brown - essentially they are turning into wood.

One way to support these seedlings to put a small stick of some kind in the soil and cradle the seedling with a loop. Here is a homemade one with a plastic fork and a twist tie. A chopstick would work as well. If you do this, don't insert the stake too close to the seedling as you don't want to damage the developing root system.

Support System I

Support11.jpg

Support System II

Support21.jpg

Notice that the twist tie is held in place with a piece of tape. The stem of the plant goes through the loop. The loop is quite large so as not to squeeze the fragile stem.

Nice , thx for the tip , i now have two 50 watt cfl lamps :) that sould give them some nice lumen power ^^ for now they are about 10 centimiters away from the lamps , and they are not faling , my fan is helping them to support themselfs , hopefully i will not need any suport , but if i need i now know to do it ;)

Here are some pics of them today :)

24122011_003.jpg

24122011_002.jpg

Hey there brotha!!!

I just wanted to make a quick comment on your photos bro!!! try to pull the camera back a half a foot or 1 foot, or if your trying to get that close on the photo, try using the Macro function that will adjust the view for anything closer than 80cm!!! then you will get a clear photo... if you notice on your photos, that the background is adjusted for view as apposed to the plant that your trying to get, is blury, this is because the camera is focusing in on the object that it can see the best!!! Hope this helps you!!!

:peacetwo:

also, try to drop the light down on the super stretcher some more closer!!! it is stretching to much, if you put that light right on top of it, maybe about 1 - 2 inches away from the top of it, it will keep it from stretching, and again, make sure you have the fan blowing on them to make the stem get strength!!!

:peacetwo:

thx astonr , i have reduced the distance between my big sappling and my lamp bulb
i think he was stretching due to my previous lamps , as they where 17 watt each , now i have two 50 watts pumping light ;)

about the camera... i will see what i can do :p i use my phone to take pictures , thats why the lack quality most of the times

hmmm .. this is soo wierd , in the past 3 /4 days nothing has changed in my plants xD and in the first 2 days it was a massive change :)

Maybe she is resting up a lil after those 2 days of hard work, coming through the dirt, fighting to reach the light, hell that would tucker out any lil seedling. Give her time. Plus I told you, we ladies do things on OUR time not a man's time...lol

Back
Top Bottom