Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

My feelings on the solid core wiring is that it will kink during installation and use. I would prefer a coated, braided cable that can be purchased at Home Depot. Would cost about 30 - 35 dollars for the amount of cable necessary to grid out the 2 x 4 screen size. Also, if I use the PVC frame, it will just not hold up to all the stress the taut cabling would put on it. Something more rigid like a wooden frame would be more advised. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I can recommend heartily the Extruded Nylon Clothesline sold at hardware stores. I found this stuff by luck - walking down the isles. It sells for $6 for 50' - I needed exactly 100' for my 2x4 scrog. It is fantastic. Does not kink. Bends easily. Is incredibly soft on the plants. But at the same time it stays taught and straight to the plants. Feels like you're working with a super flexible chain link fence that's been dipped in soft plastic. Cool as all getup. After 2 wire scrogs, it was like heaven working with this stuff.

Your plants are looking awesome of course! Can't wait to see what's next for pics.

I can recommend heartily the Extruded Nylon Clothesline sold at hardware stores. I found this stuff by luck - walking down the isles. It sells for $6 for 50' - I needed exactly 100' for my 2x4 scrog. It is fantastic. Does not kink. Bends easily. Is incredibly soft on the plants. But at the same time it stays taught and straight to the plants. Feels like you're working with a super flexible chain link fence that's been dipped in soft plastic. Cool as all getup. After 2 wire scrogs, it was like heaven working with this stuff.

Your plants are looking awesome of course! Can't wait to see what's next for pics.

That sounds like a good idea. Will consider this option for next ScrOG. Thanks Whiskey Papa. +rep to you for that when possible!

your plants are looking beautiful munk.
I cant say much more than that. . . beautiful bro.

They are healthy, but my training is maybe a B-. I think another week of veg could have been pulled off though I'm happy with it with it being my first time with the strain.

BTW, the screen has been raised up over 1/2 inch already from the pushing of the canopy. Still keeps the tops in relative height to one another so it still holds value.

It may be nice to have a crossbar installed in the PVC frame to make two 2 x 2 sections. I would then have another anchor point for the screen helping to reduce the amount of bow in the screen.

New set of pics from today, flower day 38. Bud growth is progressing fully at this stage. I went ahead and added more nutes to the rez as the plants handled it well over the past week and I want to ensure that no specific nutrient has depleted over the past ten days. I couldn't smell the Kool Bloom nutes at all so I added even more of that. So, 30 ml of micro, 60 ml of bloom, and 50 ml of Kool Bloom. This takes my EC to just over 3.0! :whoa: I figure this strain can handle the it in this stage of flower.

2010-01-24_01.jpg

2010-01-24_02.jpg

2010-01-24_03.jpg

2010-01-24_04.jpg

2010-01-24_05.jpg

2010-01-24_06.jpg

2010-01-24_07.jpg

Big Bertha Underside

2010-01-24_08.jpg

lil bittie underside

2010-01-24_09.jpg

Great Grow dude....
I usually start plucking a few palm leaves from near the top around now...it lets more little buds get light so they turn in to bigger buds.

Do you do this practice at all or let it go "furry bikini" so to speak (in the words of Holly Maddison hehe).

What do you think has caused the slight yellowing of the new leaves at the top of each crown? Variety, slight nute depletion (N i think), lights close, or its totally fine ...just an optical illusion?

Speaking of plucking leaves, I've got a question for you Munki. I think I know the answer (based in your previous grow) but wanted to get your latest thinking on the subject.

Are you removing leaves beneath the canopy? If so, how aggressive are you with this pruning and when do you decide it's time to start snipping? Do you do it all at once or in stages?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

That screen is filling in nicely, lots of buds site going on their and man are those girls look healthy as usual I might add. Great job. + rep

New set of pics from today, flower day 38. Bud growth is progressing fully at this stage. I went ahead and added more nutes to the rez as the plants handled it well over the past week and I want to ensure that no specific nutrient has depleted over the past ten days. I couldn't smell the Kool Bloom nutes at all so I added even more of that. So, 30 ml of micro, 60 ml of bloom, and 50 ml of Kool Bloom. This takes my EC to just over 3.0! :whoa: I figure this strain can handle the it in this stage of flower.

2010-01-24_01.jpg

2010-01-24_02.jpg

2010-01-24_03.jpg

2010-01-24_04.jpg

2010-01-24_05.jpg

2010-01-24_06.jpg

2010-01-24_07.jpg

Big Bertha Underside

2010-01-24_08.jpg

lil bittie underside

2010-01-24_09.jpg

Hey Munki! its been while since ive seen how your two bubba girls were (probably back when you were debating whether you were goin to LST them or supercrop them because their 'trunks' were so massive right off the bat) but i was under a different name. it looks like they have managed to remain husky as ever... keep up the great work and stop by my journal sometime.:grinjoint:

Great update again. Can't wait to see how the 'aggressive' nutes work out. Girls are looking great. The under-canopy shots are cool serious bush there. Looks a lot like the underbush on my gals heh. Love the look of the tops. Very symmetrical looking. Keep it up Green Thumb!

L8ER

Great Grow dude....
I usually start plucking a few palm leaves from near the top around now...it lets more little buds get light so they turn in to bigger buds.

Do you do this practice at all or let it go "furry bikini" so to speak (in the words of Holly Maddison hehe).

What do you think has caused the slight yellowing of the new leaves at the top of each crown? Variety, slight nute depletion (N i think), lights close, or its totally fine ...just an optical illusion?

The buds do have many leaves and could use a trim but I'm just going to let it go as is. Most of the canopy is very even. I don't want to shock the plants by cutting anymore from them unless the area is dying off or diseased. Not seeing anything like that. Just really healthy from what I see.

The yellowing is on the young leaves near the lamp. Some of the coloring can be caused by the HPS lamp. I am using my white balance to get the colors somewhat corrected so it can cause some tricks on the pics that aren't as visible to the naked eye. When I look at them, they are a light green and show more white crystallization than the pics.

Speaking of plucking leaves, I've got a question for you Munki. I think I know the answer (based in your previous grow) but wanted to get your latest thinking on the subject.

Are you removing leaves beneath the canopy? If so, how aggressive are you with this pruning and when do you decide it's time to start snipping? Do you do it all at once or in stages?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

I did trim underneath. I've done it in two stages before but I get my major trim done around 2 weeks into flower. I know that I can cut off branches that aren't reaching the screen at that time and those can be used for cloning. I sometimes trim some underneath nearer the flip. Seems to encourage growth at the top of the canopy.

OK, where are we now in this grow anyways? Flower day 41 is where. Calling it a canopy is now a most apt description.

2010-01-27_01.jpg

2010-01-27_02.jpg

2010-01-27_03.jpg

2010-01-27_04.jpg

2010-01-27_05.jpg

2010-01-27_06.jpg

2010-01-27_07.jpg

2010-01-27_08.jpg

2010-01-27_09.jpg

Calling it a canopy is now a most apt description.

2010-01-27_09.jpg

Haha, Looks awesome Munki !

Nice little triplet there !

Were you planning for the leaves being so stacked like that ?

What are you doing to cause that ? Or is it more strain related ?

Also, is that favorable to be stacked with leaves like that ?

Looking great !
MJ420:peace:

Haha, Looks awesome Munki !

Nice little triplet there !

Were you planning for the leaves being so stacked like that ?

What are you doing to cause that ? Or is it more strain related ?

Also, is that favorable to be stacked with leaves like that ?

Looking great !
MJ420:peace:

Naw, that is just a camera trick of sorts. I shot it looking at the canopy sideways to see the three separate budsites. They all may actually be attached to the same branch though. That is one of the big goals with ScrOG; form more smaller budsites that would have naturally all formed around a big stem (branch). That gets fed along the underside of the screen with the budlets forming above. :dreamy:

They look great. Have you got any sense of the weight of those tops? And do you have any guess how long til harvest? Mine look almost identical, if indeed a little smaller. I'll not be surprised if we cut on the same day.

Also, how are you liking this strain for a scrog?

Back
Top Bottom