Moonshine's Backyard Blueberry Auto Bash

Thanks hs!! Yeppers....mine is 8.....but after I add nutes, because it’s an ph per base....it ph’s it downt to 6 or so....green is the color for 7 ph, so see what I mean, color chart isn’t very reliable, so I guess I’ll play with it a bit. Long as she makes it

when i was using the drop test in my soil i looked to get a green with a slight yellow shine to it as thats 6.5 ... but brightergreen is also ok for soil as thats 7 just stay away from a blue shine or all yellow and yer ok with drops

Thanks so much for that slurry test info shed.. gonna go start it and see what it tests at. I tested the runoff and it was fine but the bottoms of my ladies in flower having issues so its definitely not accurate reading runoff.

Id agree with shed and penny.. 6.7 ph water and 3 ml calmag. If you havent been giving any at all i wouldnt start them at that 3 ml.. do 1.5 ml and next time see if they need more. I always like to use the smallest amount of nutes as i can.. dont wanna hurt her more and burn her roots up.

Shine, your water sounds incredibly similar to mine. I'd say it has more than enough Cal and Mag and turn to the converse that because your soil PH is low, the uptake is being inhibited - but that's just me.

Thanks so much for that slurry test info shed.. gonna go start it and see what it tests at. I tested the runoff and it was fine but the bottoms of my ladies in flower having issues so its definitely not accurate reading runoff.

Original props to 420dabbing for the slurry test info. Just paying it forward! My soil sits pretty close to 7 no matter what nutes I put through it, but my plants seem to be ok with that. Last grow I was feeding around 6.0 but after reading more on this site I've been keeping them closer to 6.5. It's tough with my flower nutes bc they're acidic.

First tool I bought for growing was the pH meter, very early on. Every watering gets balanced. It wasn't until I was in flower that I sprung for the TDS, and I don't use it every time until flowering.

Moon
Your testing with a pool type tester.
Your more than a little off using it.

In the mail tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile850164563.jpg

Your plant won't die in the 2 days holiday 3 days to get there!
And the week it will take you to learn how to use it! Lol

It's on the house.... unless you......want to give up
....yourfirstbornfemalechildforsacrificialpurposes! justkidding...

Use it! It's collecting dust here.

Furcifer to save the day :cheer:

Thanks all...really no big deal!
Just want to see moon grow without all this stress.
He's trying hard to get there.
A little motivational push in the right direction. Will make a world of difference.
It's all about "paying it forward".
A ripple effect of positivity.
One day moon will be in a position. To do the same thing for someone.
Without hesitation.....

when i was using the drop test in my soil i looked to get a green with a slight yellow shine to it as thats 6.5 ... but brightergreen is also ok for soil as thats 7 just stay away from a blue shine or all yellow and yer ok with drops

I did the soil test, albeit with a very basic normal brand of spring or drinking water. It came in at 7. I understand it's not all that accurate, but it's a place to start. But what peaked my curiosity is this........I had mixed up nutes to water Luna.....ph before nutes....8....after....ph of 6 ish.....soil came in @ ph of 7. So those numbers suggest to me that it's in the neighborhood pretty close I'd say. But thanks to a very incredibly kind fellow we all know around this site. I'll know more accurately here soon enough. Thanks everyone! You guys all rock in my book. :thumb:

Id agree with shed and penny.. 6.7 ph water and 3 ml calmag. If you havent been giving any at all i wouldnt start them at that 3 ml.. do 1.5 ml and next time see if they need more. I always like to use the smallest amount of nutes as i can.. dont wanna hurt her more and burn her roots up.

Yeah it's pretty cool....I'd read something a little more involved, and requiring 3 cups of soil....wth?.....& I passed. This way was much easier....just a tablespoon off the top. No digging round roots? Wth???

Would like to thank a very kind member we all know, admire, respect, and learn from on a daily.....Hell......hourly basis. You’ve been tagging along with me since my first post practically, advising, encouraging, supplying me with all the knowledge & now tools I need to know & grow a little more accurately & responsibly. We all can tell what a quality human you are not only by your actions here on 420, but by the way you love, care & treat the animals you see everyday, and by you’re concern for others in pain & in need of medicine. We’ve all been fortunate enough to see your skill & kindness at work here , and I’m truly greatful for the day you dropped in my journal. Thanks again “Top”! You don’t know how much I appreciate everything!! Always wanted a big brother! Lol

Back
Top Bottom