Moonshine's Backyard Blueberry Auto Bash

Damn, two days without Moonshine is like a day without sunshine! Back home and all caught up...

Just chiming in quickly: Just say "no" to blue balls - no harm in plucking. I still think a complete plain water flush this week on both blueberries is in order. Run the soil clean and then start flower nutes. That way you can make sure that it's not nitro heavy going into flower as well as knowing what the pots feel like when they are wet.

Updates on the Gold Leaf please as my clone looks like it may survive!

Hope your wife is feeling better :)

Damn, two days without Moonshine is like a day without sunshine! Back home and all caught up...

Just chiming in quickly: Just say "no" to blue balls - no harm in plucking. I still think a complete plain water flush this week on both blueberries is in order. Run the soil clean and then start flower nutes. That way you can make sure that it's not nitro heavy going into flower as well as knowing what the pots feel like when they are wet.

Thanks shed!! How’s it going today!! Having to share a phone as wife’s broke, so basically, this is her phone now!! Lol. Just kidding honey!!:thumb:

The gold never cracked, but I potted up anyway. Still, no sign of anything yet. I didn’t mess with either of them (gl) or (cc) and the Christmas cookie showed her head today. I domed them, & will keep them domed for a bit this time.

Good afternoon all you Trick or treaters. I see you all are playing hide and seek! Lol. Luna is (& dos really too) something to believe. Can't believe I had to rip up three of these B.B. plants.

So here is my xmas cookie up today ....weird it's birthday is gonna be Halloween. Guess I'll have to name her...."Sally"....
E4449307-440E-4D84-B3C4-AF55D4DFD673.jpeg
isn't she cute. Next we have luna...day 42....before I removed some leaves from inside, & before readjusting
CC4A9DA2-4D90-46F1-803C-AA34A467D217.jpeg
D0443CAF-6C0D-4B3E-B5D6-25F5622C05C9.jpeg
204D9986-BEFE-467C-91F1-9A11AFB6B651.jpeg
758822CA-376B-4632-97B5-143FFDB358E0.jpeg
F4B8E7E6-707E-4952-88B5-E940BC1AF136.jpeg
here's ole girl after
8D67581B-83EC-4874-BC57-EA48AEBDADC5.jpeg
AAE56BF7-E6A1-44A4-9F3A-895604DB0B21.jpeg
84EF5E69-56BA-4D5E-BA79-BB985E82A858.jpeg
7D38B619-DA68-4CBA-AE4C-F73F42F4C82A.jpeg
985D763D-2E03-47B0-A748-1F307825AF33.jpeg

10/25....water/fed 2l each
10/26.....water 2l ea
10/28.....Luna....watered 2 liters
10/29.....1 liter ea at midnight
10/30.....2.5 water/fed liters ea (recommended dose of additives)
10/31.....1-1/2 gallon ea water

Whewwwww. I’m guessing about 1 g or so every 2 days??? They are also soooooo pliable, & easy to bend. Kind of like the restraint wire I’m using. Is that normal???

You're going to be very happy with this harvest and stop second-guessing pulling up the last grow. You went into "protect my family" mode and did what you thought was best in that moment. Hindsight is always 20/20.

And before we all look back and wish you had handled the Nitrogen excess issue, I again want to leave you with this image and recommend flushing the hot soil to remove a lot of that excess N as you are heading into flower. New growth is still clawing.

classic_N_overage.jpg

Excess N is not a good thing...see Jorge's chart!

nutrient_chart_N_only.jpg

I had same problem moons. Stop the grow nutes for a day or two then back off a bit bruh...

the worst thing that can happen is you end up with some seeds :) As long as the pod didn't open yet is all that matters, I'd say you're safe esp with the moisture

I have MAJOR allergies to pollen right!!! Like it's.......horrrrrrrible com Jan-April for me. Well, after messin with those things yesterday, I had the worst allergies yesterday. Allllll day lonGgg. So I'm not sure if they stayed in tact!:thumb: One also fell in the carpet on floor. Stepped on !!

You're going to be very happy with this harvest and stop second-guessing pulling up the last grow. You went into "protect my family" mode and did what you thought was best in that moment. Hindsight is always 20/20.

And before we all look back and wish you had handled the Nitrogen excess issue, I again want to leave you with this image and recommend flushing the hot soil to remove a lot of that excess N as you are heading into flower. New growth is still clawing.

classic_N_overage.jpg

Excess N is not a good thing...see Jorge's chart!

nutrient_chart_N_only.jpg

Thanks shed. Very nice to have u back bro! I know bro. I'm def going to flush it. I was afraid of fecking up with lots of water bc of all my overwatering issues, plus I had this with first harvest, & it changed eventually. I've watered 15 liters in last 6 days, so I thought that was kinda like a flush. Obviously it ain't. Lol. You're right tho my man, & all ur advice has been solid! Appreciate that! Yes, I think I've finally decided to commit to lst'ing my plants. Is ok to flush with tap water. All my gallon water is outside & that temp is prolly too cold.

That's another reason I haven't flushed was the cold here, but it's warming up tommorrow for a week or so! Thanks again my man!!

Is ok to flush with tap water. All my gallon water is outside & that temp is prolly too cold.

Yes, flush with tap water. 2 or 3 times the size of the pots (i.e. 10-15 gallons for a 5 gallon pot). If your tap water is in the normal 6-7 pH range you should be fine, otherwise add some pH'd water at the end. Let them drain completely when you're done. Then when they're dry you can start with flower nutes.

Let's not worry about the weak stems, let's just get the N out!

I don't think he's been fertilizing in veg if I remember correctly. New growth is clawing so the problem hasn't been fixed. The soil is too hot for those plants which is why I've been recommending "flush" since they first showed up.

I have flawless finish.......how many gallons do I flush with? 5g pots....= 10 g flush??? Remember now....they’re currently soaked just about I’d think with all the water lately!

Back
Top Bottom