Moonshine's Backyard Blueberry Auto Bash

Thanks dab!!! You have your diy link handy bro??
420-magazine-mobile2121288652.jpg

Nope but here are some quick pics.
This is my finished product.

420-magazine-mobile1617319258.jpg

Here's a pic of the angled aluminum I got from homie depot. It was 4 bucks I believe.

Just grab some paint stirring sticks for free. I grabbed a wooden yard stick and she didn't charge me for it. I cut little shims essentially. 1 inch by 1/4 inch. You'll need two for each side so 4 total for each layer. I taped on each layer but if I had glue I would have used some as well.

If you have any questions let me know. Hope it works for you!

Hey Them! Seriously...please don't take this the wrong way, but everywhere you post this metal-cutting paint-stirrer vent I feel the need to chime in: to anyone not interested in working with tin snips or an angle grinder (like ME!), here is another method of light-proofing an air vent! Nothing personal and I mean that :Namaste:

Take an existing vent cover, like this $6.20 one from homedepot, or even just a piece of vent pipe that would hold open the vent hole in the tent.

Cut down a cardboard box or use the lid from a box of copy paper (already cut down for you). If you want you can paint the inside black.

Light travels in straight lines, air goes wherever you pull or push it. Take advantage of physics and just do this:

Light-proof-venting.jpg

It should take about 5 minutes max!

No great stuff shed! Not taken the wrong way at all! I just didn't realize you had a method for making that vent light proof. Good stuff :) I'm all for whatever is easiest / cheapest! I was considering something similar using cardboard to create a light proof passage for air. Thanks for your input and insight!

Just make sure to test whatever vent you create moon. You really don't want even a sliver of light during flower. And avoid reflective surfaces because some light has the potential to get through. My research has led me to believe a longer narrower passageway is the most efficient way of dissipating light :)

Be sure to update us when you come up with your solution!

You could also probably just use ducting. cover the space around the vent it and give it a curly fry shape.

I stole my vent idea from another journal out there on the interweb. But I totally agree with shed there are likely better choices that involve far less work! I just have ample free time on my hands :)

And avoid reflective surfaces because some light has the potential to get through. My research has led me to believe a longer narrower passageway is the most efficient way of dissipating light :)

I agree 100%! If I were building it (rather than knocking up a quick diagram) I would add more space between the vent and the cuts in the cardboard to make sure there isn't any reflected light making it out

No great stuff shed! Not taken the wrong way at all! I just didn't realize you had a method for making that vent light proof. Good stuff :) I'm all for whatever is easiest / cheapest! I was considering something similar using cardboard to create a light proof passage for air. Thanks for your input and insight!

Just make sure to test whatever vent you create moon. You really don't want even a sliver of light during flower. And avoid reflective surfaces because some light has the potential to get through. My research has led me to believe a longer narrower passageway is the most efficient way of dissipating light :)

Be sure to update us when you come up with your solution!

You could also probably just use ducting. cover the space around the vent it and give it a curly fry shape.

I stole my vent idea from another journal out there on the interweb. But I totally agree with shed there are likely better choices that involve far less work! I just have ample free time on my hands :)

I Like the curly frie shaped vent idea actually!!

I Like the curly frie shaped vent idea actually!!
I haven't tried it but assume after 1 complete loop there shouldn't be much of any light coming through. Maybe do 2 just to be safe. I'd imagine you could just trace the end of the ducting on cardboard cut the hole tape it to the hole . Tape the cardboard to the square vent and Preso! Again just be sure you don't have any light leaking from the vent flap and I'd image your golden. It may take up a little more room but seems simple enough to me.

Best of luck moonman!

Just a good morn' to you and the family.
Hope all is well and your grow is in check.
Been a shitty couple of weeks but, it's all fine.
Be mindful of the Alien! They like to get HUGE!
Good luck brother, enjoy your coffee.

Just a good morn' to you and the family.
Hope all is well and your grow is in check.
Been a shitty couple of weeks but, it's all fine.
Be mindful of the Alien! They like to get HUGE!
Good luck brother, enjoy your coffee.

Back at ya bro! Can’t express how excited I am for this grow! Sorry to hear about your rough couple weeks! I’ve been reading up on sip’s after hearing about it in growants journal. Sounds easy & interesting. Really like the idea of using los.

I think ole Luna might just make it, after I just knew she was a goner. Guess u never know. I was sooooo close to yanking her. So what do you think of my plan bro?? Will it work? Planning on keeping the 2 B.B. autos in the tent on 20/4 schedule for 1-1/2 -2 months, then putting the 2 photos, out in first week of December to flower & finish on its own!! Do you think that will allow enough time to finish. I believe it’s an aog, but don’t laugh, again, I somehow got em confused, & it may be a xmas cookie. The other is a ww for sure. The aog, cc, & ww say they all have flower times of up to 9 weeks. That would put me at mid to late feb harvest, a bit before light goes back to over 12 hours. Or does the fact that they’ll be outdoors in flower (I hope) while light hours are increasing but still less than 12 hours, will that confuse them , & cause them to “re-veg?” Thanks bro....I know that was a mouth ful.

No prob man, enjoying a small break with coffee.
Moved my dark period back an hour. Gets me in there earlier.
You should be fine on that schedule.
Just hope predicated dry weather is still in the forcast.
Think about one of these items in your arsenal.
Nuke 'em -
OR
SM-90 -
Due to there wetting agent properties.
Both are great deterrents for PM and BUD rot.
I can't stress enouph to use these products at the minimum required dosage and application.
They can both be utilized throughout the FLOWER cycle.

Here is Luna this am!! 16 days
559164DB-23B1-4047-835E-7C21C0B91F71.jpeg
23C7EE13-9F6E-4450-9891-81AE1E8E99B0.jpeg
and dos ....Same size practically, but only 11 days...
D62457E8-C00B-4D60-BCAE-91913D445318.jpeg
....ww 2 days...had hull casing stuck on for a day & had to remove it, but coming along slowly compared to cc/or aog....which seems to be getting on right well.....ww
BD777A85-6CBA-48A6-84F3-F98C4D2AD0F7.jpeg
and lastly....aog/cc 2 days old
D48F4C31-DBC8-4784-80BC-6D1F61C5F6C3.jpeg
Great day everyone!!!

Ps.....check out growant’s journal!! Great info!!

No prob man, enjoying a small break with coffee.
Moved my dark period back an hour. Gets me in there earlier.
You should be fine on that schedule.
Just hope predicated dry weather is still in the forcast.
Think about one of these items in your arsenal.
Nuke 'em -
OR
SM-90 -
Due to there wetting agent properties.
Both are great deterrents for PM and BUD rot.
I can't stress enouph to use these products at the minimum required dosage and application.
They can both be utilized throughout the FLOWER cycle.

Thanks so much bro. Really appreciate that. I was able to keep humidity down before, using heaters out in the greenhouse. Hopefully can do it again.

Luna and Dos look amazing for their ages! Nice one :thumb: The other two are coming along and have their siblings to emulate over the next week...

Damn those stuck seed casings! Why can't they ever behave?

Do these things have a tight nod structure or are my lights too close?? No bleaching , I’ve read the closer the better when possible?

Not being a tent guy it's hard to offer an opinion! But just so the indoor folks have some info to go on...what's the distance now?

Could be strain-related as well.

15”.....thinking about going to 12” if it would benefit? Have the smaller ones outside now. It’s 88 outside and 90 in tent with vents fans, & front door fully open. No exterior problems resulting from higher than recommended temps. Hopefully it doesn’t stunt them, or cause hermies. Not that I would necessarily frown on some more feminized seeds again. Anyways...bout to watch dem Gators!!!

15".....thinking about going to 12" if it would benefit? Have the smaller ones outside now. It's 88 outside and 90 in tent with vents fans, & front door fully open. No exterior problems resulting from higher than recommended temps. Hopefully it doesn't stunt them, or cause hermies. Not that I would necessarily frown on some more feminized seeds again. Anyways...bout to watch dem Gators!!!
Moon...you were doing so good....then you said go Gators....
Why would you hurt my heart like that??
Can't wait for the biggest cocktail party in the country!!

Moon...you were doing so good....then you said go Gators....
Why would you hurt my heart like that??
Can't wait for the biggest cocktail party in the country!!

Man I’m a ga fan by heart, but gator fan by marriage!! Lol. Great day to ya!! Hey, so what do u think?? Lights closer equals more growth?0

Man I'm a ga fan by heart, but gator fan by marriage!! Lol. Great day to ya!! Hey, so what do u think?? Lights closer equals more growth?0
Haha I'm an Iowa fan now, also by marriage. Lol
(Go Dawgs!)

Yeah, you wanna move closer as time goes. She can handle more as she acclimates to the intensity

420-magazine-mobile1901992588.jpg

I'm at 29" for her and she staying tight!
Bianca is 6" closer

Haha I'm an Iowa fan now, also by marriage. Lol
(Go Dawgs!)

Yeah, you wanna move closer as time goes. She can handle more as she acclimates to the intensity

420-magazine-mobile1901992588.jpg

I'm at 29" for her and she staying tight!
Bianca is 6" closer

My lights are 15” from the soil, so about 13” from tops. Noticed some new growth at the nodes already. Can’t see it from the top. Here’s Luna this am...thanks to my beautiful wife, ....and also you guys (penny, dabber, waffle, pt, Joe, & of course she’d...)for encouraging me to keep nursing her. I think she’s going to grow out into a beautiful plant as penny said! She is 4” one way, and 3.5 “ the other way ...17 days for anyone keeping track
3571593D-B54D-4319-B155-CE10806569E9.jpeg
8C598714-17E2-49A9-AA14-63F9576F678F.jpeg
here’s “dos” @ 12 days...4” one way & 5” the other way...
CFFB74D9-9FCC-4311-9098-9AA7C3B72C61.jpeg
5687AF50-D82E-428B-A20C-F8412D5CE7ED.jpeg

Great day y’all!!!!

Any suggestions for lst on such tight nodes, or is this normal? Should I raise lights, will that stretch them out a bit? & if so, would that be beneficial for lst ing? Or anything else? Thanks y’all!!

Back
Top Bottom