Moonshine's Backyard Blueberry Auto Bash

Quick and dirty but you get the idea. Blue lines are just ropes attached to the top edge of the vent and slung over the pipe to hang it. Then vent it to the nearest hole!

moonshine-vent.jpg

If not a pen then even a straw would work as long as the top edge isn't too sharp for the fans leaves resting on it.

:thumb: I forgot to mention in earlier post as I lost focus from medicating in middle of post. I ended up using a straw when I couldn’t find a pen this morning. Lol. Haven’t actually propped her up yet, but the straws on top of the tent.

Quick and dirty but you get the idea. Blue lines are just ropes attached to the top edge of the vent and slung over the pipe to hang it. Then vent it to the nearest hole!

moonshine-vent.jpg

If not a pen then even a straw would work as long as the top edge isn't too sharp for the fans leaves resting on it.

That’s really freaking cool, & cool of you to do as well. You must know your way round photo shoppe cause that’s pretty awesome to me. For a minute or two (it takes me along time to understand things, so I was looking at your photo for a bit) but I thought it was a random pic from the internet. Then I recognized what you had done!!:thumb:

So would I need two of those fans for blowing cooler air in, & one for pulling hot air out?

That’s really freaking cool, & cool of you to do as well. You must know your way round photo shoppe cause that’s pretty awesome to me. For a minute or two (it takes me along time to understand things, so I was looking at your photo for a bit) but I thought it was a random pic from the internet. Then I recognized what you had done!!:thumb:

So would I need two of those fans for blowing cooler air in, & one for pulling hot air out?

No, that's the beauty of air flow! One is all you need. As long as one )or more) of the bottom vents is open it will suck the air from there (the inlet), through the tent, and out the exhaust vent.

You will probably want some screening over the bottom vents to keep the critters from crawling in tho.

The fact that it's still green is amazing! It's going to need more support as the top becomes heavier so you should figure out how to do that before it gets there. I'm thinking maybe a ball point pen cut in half long ways and then taped around the stem. Or something with more diameter but similar idea. Whatever you might have lying around.

I've never had a tent but if they can support all those lights I'm sure you can hang it at the top and put the exhaust end at the upper exhaust vent in the tent. You don't need any duct work on the input side at all (just pulls through the grill) and only minimal on the exhaust side if you can't mount it right next to the upper tent port.

Post some pics of the top half of the tent and I'll see if I can photoshop it for you ;)

Me too please shit I'll go to Home Depot once back from
Road trip and buy it . Lol

No, that's the beauty of air flow! One is all you need. As long as one )or more) of the bottom vents is open it will suck the air from there (the inlet), through the tent, and out the exhaust vent.

You will probably want some screening over the bottom vents to keep the critters from crawling in tho.

Sweet!! They already have the screen on the vent areas. But if I had photos in there and didn’t want light to leak in during flower. I can’t open vent flaps then.

Damn I was looking it i those out take fans moon depending on size of area why not try help keep
That enviroment dialed in bro .

Damn I was looking it i those out take fans moon depending on size of area why not try help keep
That enviroment dialed in bro .

I am def going to try. I effed up awhile back, cause I wasn’t sure if I’d be doing this again. Saw a fan like toasted has at garage sale for $30. I heard the cheap “fart” fans don’t work very well. (Just what I’ve read on other forums. But I’m willing to try. I’m like you at the moment Joe. Doing it manually. Presently with this 10 day long cooler weather, temps outside have been topping out at 83f (84f in tent with vents opened and door unzipped a bit. Sometimes half way during heat of the day. These leds run tent 9 degrees f more than outside temps. Rh for veg is low, but what can u do bout that!! I bet your two mars in that one tent, you’ll find it runs 9 deg f more than outside temps too. Unless tent size makes a diff. :thumb:

When it gets cold, or even cool, the exhaust isn’t really needed much right? Or wrong? Thanks guys.

I am def going to try. I effed up awhile back, cause I wasn't sure if I'd be doing this again. Saw a fan like toasted has at garage sale for $30. I heard the cheap "fart" fans don't work very well. (Just what I've read on other forums. But I'm willing to try. I'm like you at the moment Joe. Doing it manually. Presently with this 10 day long cooler weather, temps outside have been topping out at 83f (84f in tent with vents opened and door unzipped a bit. Sometimes half way during heat of the day. These leds run tent 9 degrees f more than outside temps. Rh for veg is low, but what can u do bout that!! I bet your two mars in that one tent, you'll find it runs 9 deg f more than outside temps too. Unless tent size makes a diff. :thumb:

When it gets cold, or even cool, the exhaust isn't really needed much right? Or wrong? Thanks guys.

Well my reflector 144 has two plants three fan and the temp hasn't moved much seems to enjoy being around 79 f

My veg tent smaller yes temp seems to liek to hang around 80-83 this morning it was 81 humidity around 47 %

How do I control humidity better so it's not jumping is my real question?

Over 85 is t good. I also heard some plants like it warmer on flower then others I'm
Assuming 77-82 is ideal I'm thinking but I'll play around the better I get .

Well my reflector 144 has two plants three fan and the temp hasn't moved much seems to enjoy being around 79 f

My veg tent smaller yes temp seems to liek to hang around 80-83 this morning it was 81 humidity around 47 %

How do I control humidity better so it's not jumping is my real question?

Exactly! Lol. I posted that earlier this am somewhere. Ha. I don’t have a humidifier, that would prolly work.

Exactly! Lol. I posted that earlier this am somewhere. Ha. I don't have a humidifier, that would prolly work.

To raise try a pan pot with towels in water ? That is a way to get moisture and humidity spiked to decrease try rice in a bowl?

Over 85 is t good. I also heard some plants like it warmer on flower then others I'm
Assuming 77-82 is ideal I'm thinking but I'll play around the better I get .

Eventually, I’ll head up to local grow shop & check out there In store set up. Hate to go in there & not buy anything, but he’s pretty nice guy.

To raise try a pan pot with towels in water ? That is a way to get moisture and humidity spiked to decrease try rice in a bowl?

I’ve tried the towel thing, but not in a bowl, just wet towel over top bar of tent dripping into a bowl (and away from electrical stuff:thumb:). It didn’t do much of anything though.

Customer service means everything to me almost as good as product in my world bro

I've tried the towel thing, but not in a bowl, just wet towel over top bar of tent dripping into a bowl (and away from electrical stuff:thumb:). It didn't do much of anything though.

Try it out I'll google some
Things for ya see what I can find in the mean time stay medicated bro

Sweet!! They already have the screen on the vent areas. But if I had photos in there and didn’t want light to leak in during flower. I can’t open vent flaps then.

You only run the lights at night when it's cool and that's when you run the exhaust fan. Close the intake vent during the day and no light leaks!

Don't know if you want to mount that vent outside the tent as it might attract more attention.

You having trouble keeping the humidity up? In Florida?

Back
Top Bottom