Day 112
Flower 39
Flip 49
It's a good thing I kept the fan running all day. Even with that the humidity in the tent raised to 50%. Too soon to really see if there's any difference.
Doug's Varin 20 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 20 Mar 2022 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 20 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 20 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

I'm sensing this one will be a nug of the month entry. .... Look how thick she's getting:bravo:
Thanks!
Hope she'll be able to finish properly.
Now we wait while we admire! :nomo:
Waiting's always the hardest part.
She is so beautiful Mel :)
Thanks Tra!
I hope I'll be able to grow one of these to their full potential this summer!
They are beautiful Mel , looking very frosty
Thanks G!

Day 113
Flower 40
Flip 50
So, near the beginning of this grow, when the seedling popped out of the soil she was purple. Posts number 27 and 31 have pics.
Well now there's a tinge of purple coming in on the edges of the sugar leaves. I don't know how well it comes through in the pics, the tallest stems have the most and they're in the back. I'll use one of them for the bud closeup in the pics tomorrow.
Other than that nothing has really changed, and that's actually good news right now.
Doug's Varin 21 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 21 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 21 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 21 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Day 114
Flower 41
Flip 51
I used a back bud for the closeup, and you can see the purple at the edges of the sugar leaves. It is nice to see.
Doug's Varin 22 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 22 Mar 2022 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 22 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 22 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Another day closer to harvest and enough green to get it there! A little purple is just the icing on the cake. :)
I do really like the purple ones. I know it doesn't add anything to the effects, but it's still nice to see.
She's fading out nicely!
Thanks!
Just need her to keep the rest of that green for a bit longer!
Looking fantastic Mel.

NTH
Thanks NTH!
Damn Mel she’s beautiful, look at all that frosting.
Thanks G!

Mel how long do photos run, I’m not a patient person, I’m willing my autos to gro everyday , the seed banks are all FOS about harvest times, if they say 60 days I automatically add 20days , I had the one plant over 100 days . No plants gonna be ready in 60days unless they have the feeders hooked up. That’s my next investment, wanna get the flora flex 2 pot kit . Sorry brother don’t mean to ramble, just smoked my nite time bowl

Looking great! Nice and frosty :yummy:
Thanks man!
Mel how long do photos run, I’m not a patient person, I’m willing my autos to gro everyday , the seed banks are all FOS about harvest times, if they say 60 days I automatically add 20days , I had the one plant over 100 days . No plants gonna be ready in 60days unless they have the feeders hooked up. That’s my next investment, wanna get the flora flex 2 pot kit . Sorry brother don’t mean to ramble, just smoked my nite time bowl
You can run photos 12/12 from seed, and they'll take about as long as an auto, but they don't grow as fast.
I like to get mine to a decent size before I flower them, with training that takes 60 to 90 days of veg, usually more on the higher side for a decent size. I haven't run an untrained photo in a while, but that would be faster.

Edit: I know there's a lot missing there but my nighttime edible is kicking in, so I hear you, lol.

She's really frosty Mel, and lovely. I'm a little weird but I like those yellow leaves.

They don't look sickly, just yellow! :Rasta:

Day 116
Flower 43
Flip 53
I was getting things prepared for my summer grow the other day while talking to a friend, and she mentioned a strain she likes. We have similar med issues, and mostly react to the same strains in the same way so I was definitely interested. Turns out it's Romulan. I've never had it, but I looked it up and it's effects and terp profile looked pretty interesting. Mainly myrcene, caryophyllene, and pinene, all of which are high in strains I've reacted well to before.
I checked @Herbies Seeds , and they had it in stock so I ordered some. I also ordered some Cherry Bomb since I really did like it when I grew it before. It's one of my favourites.
Thing is, I now have to decide whether or not to fit those into my summer grow. Since I would be growing two indicas and a hybrid, I would want to balance things out with a sativa.
So the question is, should I put them in my lineup, and should I go with Jack the Ripper or Jack Herer to go with them?
I'm leaning towards yes, and Jack the Ripper, but I would like to hear what you guys think.
Here's pics from today.
Doug's Varin 24 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 24 Mar 2022 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 24 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 24 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

I should probably add, this won't matter if they don't arrive by the time I'm germing seeds for the summer, but I won't be doing that until early to mid April, and they've already shipped, so I don't think that'll be a problem.

:D

She's really frosty Mel, and lovely. I'm a little weird but I like those yellow leaves.

They don't look sickly, just yellow! :Rasta:
Thanks! And yeah, that is a bit weird, lol.
Kind of reminds me of my buddy's first indoor plant. It was chronically slightly overwatered, and the entire plant was yellow, but otherwise looked perfectly normal.

Mel I had a friend in the gym give me some of his last gro, slurricane , cross between purple punch and do-si-do, heavy duty indica with thc levels of 30%, tastes like cherry soda and the nugs were as dense as I’ve ever seen. Awesome for sleeping or couch lock , just a thought if you like that narcotic feeling, me I love all the indica leaning hybrids so I’m with you

Mel when do you plant outside, do you go in the ground or in pots. I’m thinking of digging a hole and putting a 5 gallon fabric in the hole with proper soil . I’m in NJ am I wasting my time at my latitude. I was gonna stick it with the tomatoes lol

Mel when do you plant outside, do you go in the ground or in pots. I’m thinking of digging a hole and putting a 5 gallon fabric in the hole with proper soil . I’m in NJ am I wasting my time at my latitude. I was gonna stick it with the tomatoes lol
Nothing wrong with that plan.
I like bags or air pots because they exchange air better.
But it’s been growing in the ground for ever.
Can’t go wrong there.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom