Flower 46
Flip 56
Finally close to watering weight.
Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

We are getting to he end slowly but surely
I'll be both happy and sad to see the end of this grow.
And plumping up nicely too!
She has definitely started the final swell!
She's beautiful, Mel. Yours looks so different to Shed's and VG's. I love how she looks.
Thanks!
It's always interesting to see the differences that can occur within a strain!
Gorgeous, Mel! Simply gorgeous. :bravo:
Thanks GDB!
I think your in that’s last 2 week bud fattening stage, your leaves are turning white
And red, and purple!
I am surprised she has so many white pistils left though.

Day 119
Flower 46
Flip 56
Finally close to watering weight.
Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 27 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

I'll be both happy and sad to see the end of this grow.

She has definitely started the final swell!

Thanks!
It's always interesting to see the differences that can occur within a strain!

Thanks GDB!

And red, and purple!
I am surprised she has so many white pistils left though.
Hey looks great....so I was browsing vectors for a tattoo I was asked about....and I came across a medieval crest that immediately reminded me of your plant :laugh: lol sorry but I am going to share. Hope your having a good Sunday.

Oh and it was a symbol of power and strength so that's fitting for the plant:cool:

GridArt_20220327_202350664.jpg

Hey looks great....so I was browsing vectors for a tattoo I was asked about....and I came across a medieval crest that immediately reminded me of your plant :laugh: lol sorry but I am going to share. Hope your having a good Sunday.

Oh and it was a symbol of power and strength so that's fitting for the plant:cool:

That’s uncanny!

Day 120
Flower 47
Flip 57
Well, the watering went well, and the yellowing has changed a bit. Looking back I can see it starting, and hitting upper parts of the plant while the bottom leaves still had some green to them. Now it's finishing off the leaves at the bottom before moving up to the next set on the same branch, closer to what I would expect in late flower. She has definitely started to swell, but has also kicked out some new pistils. I'm thinking she has at least 2, but probably closer to 3 weeks left to go.
Doug's Varin 28 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 28 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 28 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 28 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Well done Mel, she is looking great, good job! And yeah, reaching the end of the grow is always bitter sweet to me too.
Thanks!
At least I'll be staring my outdoor seeds just before I harvest her! No real downtime, lol.

That is cool!
Would make a good tat too!
So much frost and so many white pistils...I'd say there's a lot of bulking still left to do on those!

Well-spotted HappyHaz!
Wouldn't surprise me if she decided to foxtail!
That’s uncanny!
It is pretty cool!

That's all I've got for tonight. Have a good one folks!

Day 122
Flower 49
Flip 59
Looong day today.
Doug's Varin 30 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 30 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 30 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 30 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Trying out a sour strawberry edible, dosed with Bruce Banner tonight.

She looks right on track Mel!
Thanks! I'm loving her frost!
Their getting fat Mel, they look nice
Thanks G!
The swell is one of those things you can't hurry.

Day 123
Flower 50
Flip 60
Took a pic of one of the other buds for the closeup today. The purple is coming on faster on this one.
Doug's Varin 31 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 31 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 31 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 31 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Some would say this one is fading perfectly and it will be the best tasting plant she could be when you're done. I don't know the science but when it happens like this to mine they sure are nice to toke!
Thanks, good to hear!
Won't be all that much longer before I find out. I'm tempted to snip a taster for my vape, but I'll hold off!

Looking great Mel, won't be long, but with all those white pistils she still looks like she's got some time to go, or is that just me.
Thanks!
At least a couple of weeks. Maybe more. I'm hoping she'll be ready by mid-April. I'll be starting my outdoor seeds then, but I have room under my t5 seedling lights if needed.

Day 125
Flower 52
Flip 62
Good day today. First I wake up to the news that my @Herbies Seeds order is in Mississauga (less than an hour away, so of course Canada Post say it'll take 3 more business days to get here) and my plant wakes up to some of the calyxes/bracts starting to show a bit of purple on the tips! I never can tell if you guys can see it in the pics until I upload them, and at that point I'm too lazy to get new ones, so if you can't see it today I'll do my best to make sure you can tomorrow.
Anyway, unless CP screws up I'll have the seeds in time to sprout a Romulan for this summer's growing season!
Doug's Varin 02 Apr 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 02 Apr 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 02 Apr 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 02 Apr 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Okay, it's there, but it's really faint and I doubt you'll be able to see it on a small screen. I'll find a batter one tomorrow.

Those buds are getting fat Mel, I’d say your looking at late April. Your gonna have a great harvest.
Thanks G, I'm really looking forward to testing this strain out!

Day 126
Flower 53
Flip 63
I have used a different bud for the closeup, and have added a pic of a bud that has a couple of purple bracts near the top. Her pistils are now changing colour at a nice rate, and her bracts are now visibly swelling. I am definitely pleased with the way she's finishing now.
Doug's Varin 03 Apr 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 03 Apr 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 03 Apr 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 03 Apr 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 03 Apr 2022 Purple Calyx.jpg

Day 127
Flower 54
Flip 64
I will be starting a new journal tomorrow for my summer grow, and I'll post a link in tomorrow's update here.
The purple is progressing nicely, and I will be starting to look at the trichs soon, just to keep an eye on their progress.
Doug's Varin 04 Apr 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 04 Apr 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 04 Apr 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 04 Apr 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

And these arrived today! I'm excited to be starting the Romulan, and I've never actually tried Gorilla Glue or Zkittlez, (or Amnesia Lemon, hadn't heard of it until recently) so those will also be new experiences when I try them!
Herbie's.jpg

Thanks for the quick service @Herbies Seeds !

Back
Top Bottom