I'm in a 3g pot right now, and I give her around 1 litre of water when the pot is light, which works out to every third day right now. I get a little bit of runoff, but not a huge amount.

That's just shy of 10% of container volume, and will depend on your mix. I can go about 25% max to thoroughly soak my mix but it takes a few passes over a bit of time to do, and I find I need a really good root ball first or I get really droopy plants while they dry out a bit. So, I typically do about 10% normally also. Allows me to get more watering cycles in which means more opportunities for nutes, which should mean better and faster growth.

There are those who say you should thoroughly soak the root ball at each watering and then let them fully dry out but, for me, I'd be waiting much more than 3 or 4 days between fertigations.

Beautiful flower Mel.

You rock for posting everyday like others have stated.

NTH
Thanks NTH!
That's just shy of 10% of container volume, and will depend on your mix. I can go about 25% max to thoroughly soak my mix but it takes a few passes over a bit of time to do, and I find I need a really good root ball first or I get really droopy plants while they dry out a bit. So, I typically do about 10% normally also. Allows me to get more watering cycles in which means more opportunities for nutes, which should mean better and faster growth.

There are those who say you should thoroughly soak the root ball at each watering and then let them fully dry out but, for me, I'd be waiting much more than 3 or 4 days between fertigations.
I had problems with water retention when I was using plastic pots. The soil stayed wet for too long, and I had a couple brushes with overwatering. I had an issue with fabric pots early on with water pouring out the sides of the pot from me watering too fast. As soon as I got that under control they worked far better for me. Now I take my time and stop watering when a few drops start coming out the bottom.

I fell behind as usual Mel, but, happily, I got an eyeful of lovely catching up!

Your DV is awesome. :Rasta:

Day 104
Flower 31
Flip 41
She's yellowing again. I'm going to try bumping the MC up to 7g, and start giving smaller amounts more frequently.
If that doesn't help, I'll just have to try to ride it out.
I'm really hoping she's got a similar flowering time as Shed and VG's friend's plant did. 70 days from flip would give her 29 left to go.
Doug's Varin 12 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 12 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 12 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 12 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

She will be absolutely fine. A few yellow leaves isn't gonna hurt nobody lol. I think she just beautiful
Thanks Krissi!
I don't really like to see my plants fade before harvest, but despite my best efforts some just want to go yellow.
You're right though, as long as the buds get what they need it shouldn't matter too much.

I'm with Krissi here. Lots of my organic grows go this way. Sometimes in the second or third week of flower it can start. I can't say it's preferred but the outcome will make you forget it was a thing. Me anyway.
Yeah. I really should be a bit calmer. I've been second guessing myself this entire grow.
Thanks for reminding me!
Don’t worry Mel. Shes going to make you proud!

NTH
Thanks man! I really should relax.
I think I'll go see how that Blackberry is curing.

Day 106
Flower 33
Flip 43
So far so good on feeding smaller amounts more often. The yellowing seems to be slowing or stopped. Too early to tell if it stays that way, but I have a good feeling about it.
Doug's Varin 14 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 14 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 14 Mar 2022 Pistils .jpg

Doug's Varin 14 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

For those of you in the north there's a possibility of Auroras stretching down through to the northern US tonight. There's a moderate (G2 class) geomagnetic storm going on.

You testing the blackberry and I’m testing the blueberry. Ha. It’s a berry good time!

NTH
Sounds like a great time! Blueberry is one of my favourites!
Look likes she’s shedding the bottom leaves, those colas look sick. You’ve got a nice harvest coming Mel
Thanks G!
Yeah, she's eating her fan leaves. I don't usually see that with my plants as I make sure to keep feeding them right to the end, but as long as there are enough leaves to pump energy to the buds it shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom