Day 100
Flower 27
Flip 37
Okay, the yellowing seems to be stopped. I have fed her 6g per gallon MC, and a bit of aloe on top of that. We'll see how she does.
Doug's Varin 08 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 08 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 08 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 08 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Day 102
Flower 29
Flip 39
I've been sitting here typing, and then erasing things trying to figure out what to say, but the downside of daily uploads is that it can get kind of repetitive. Ahh well. Here are the pics.
Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

You can see them really starting to fill in!
Thanks!
I'm looking forward to running one of these outside. There seem to be enough indica characteristics in her that I think this strain will do quite well out there.

Seems like if these are unstable enough not to sell anymore than you don't know what the next one might look like!
True, but do the unstable traits include the phenotype, or just the cannabinoid profile?

edit: I just checked their website, and the review mentioned multiple phenos. I guess I'll find out about that this summer.

Day 102
Flower 29
Flip 39
I've been sitting here typing, and then erasing things trying to figure out what to say, but the downside of daily uploads is that it can get kind of repetitive. Ahh well. Here are the pics.
Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 10 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Thanks!
I'm looking forward to running one of these outside. There seem to be enough indica characteristics in her that I think this strain will do quite well out there.

Posting every day may be repetitive but I admire your perseverance.

Best way to document you grow for ever.
I wish I posted more on my threads.
I made the mistake of using notebooks.
After the fire all my notes are lost.
Daily logs since 2017, all that info lost. :rolleyes:
If I has of been smart like @Melville Hobbes I'd have 5 years of logs stored for ever. :love:
Keep up the great work. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks!
At first it was to leave a complete record of someone growing Doug's Varin, but now it's to help keep track of things, and to have a photo record if I need it.
If I has of been smart like @Melville Hobbes I'd have 5 years of logs stored for ever. :love:

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks!
I wish I had a record of my previous grows too!
I don't even have written records of them. There are things like growth rates, flowering times, and how particular strains react to training and topping that I just don't remember well enough. Not to mention getting strains mixed up!

Thanks!
At first it was to leave a complete record of someone growing Doug's Varin, but now it's to help keep track of things, and to have a photo record if I need it.

Thanks!
I wish I had a record of my previous grows too!
I don't even have written records of them. There are things like growth rates, flowering times, and how particular strains react to training and topping that I just don't remember well enough. Not to mention getting strains mixed up!
I agree it's so easy to mix them up.
I had a labeling system for them with the mother, how many generations from her, if it was a clone of a clone and the day I popped her roots into soil.
JH (2) / B / 3.15.21 then each one logged for its life what it ate every day , light , heat , rh right through flower and harvest day final pot and volume.:love:
50 ladies a month for years all cataloged daily, then poof. :(
Years of perfecting genetics.
So Rob will take care of these records for everyone in the future to examine and learn from.
Rob and his team are awesome.

I enjoy your daily updates my friend and she is absolutely perfect. :thumb:
Keep on Rocken Mucker.:bravo:

Stay safe
Bill

Stay safe
Bill
I realized that, I can go back and look at where other plants were at a certain point. Pics make it easiest. I do it more for myself than any other reason, I delete my phone pics

Melville your plants look sick, buds look amazing. I’m planting outside myself. I don’t have any photo beans , I’ll plant some autos . I grow some awesome tomatoes I’ll hide them with those , I’ve got a big yard I just don’t want the neighbors kids to run off with my weed , I know when I was 17 if I saw some big colas I’d be helping myself drunk at 3 in the morning laughing my ass off . You did a great job , I’m growing an F1 myself , it’s growing kinda crazy looking , big fan leaves but it does have bud sites all over it , kinda fun not knowing how it’s gonna grow . My other plant is F7 , they basically all look the same, but that’s a good thing

Melville your plants look sick, buds look amazing. I’m planting outside myself. I don’t have any photo beans , I’ll plant some autos . I grow some awesome tomatoes I’ll hide them with those , I’ve got a big yard I just don’t want the neighbors kids to run off with my weed , I know when I was 17 if I saw some big colas I’d be helping myself drunk at 3 in the morning laughing my ass off . You did a great job , I’m growing an F1 myself , it’s growing kinda crazy looking , big fan leaves but it does have bud sites all over it , kinda fun not knowing how it’s gonna grow . My other plant is F7 , they basically all look the same, but that’s a good thing
Thanks G!
Outdoors growing is really my comfort zone. I can't wait for the outdoor season to start!
A while back someone stole a couple of my plants. I figure it was my neighbour's tweaker son. He hasn't come round the neighborhood since. Learned a lesson about letting plants grow taller than the fence.
I have some auto seeds, some of which (like Sour Diesel) need to be grown outside for odour control, lol!
I also have some others with sweeter scents which will be grown indoors or out. Would be nice to harvest a plant or two as the others are going into flower.

I agree it's so easy to mix them up.
I had a labeling system for them with the mother, how many generations from her, if it was a clone of a clone and the day I popped her roots into soil.
JH (2) / B / 3.15.21 then each one logged for its life what it ate every day , light , heat , rh right through flower and harvest day final pot and volume.:love:
50 ladies a month for years all cataloged daily, then poof. :(
Years of perfecting genetics.
So Rob will take care of these records for everyone in the future to examine and learn from.
Rob and his team are awesome.

I enjoy your daily updates my friend and she is absolutely perfect. :thumb:
Keep on Rocken Mucker.:bravo:

Stay safe
Bill
I'll be continuing with the daily updates!
It actually does feel good to stick with it.
Thanks for keeping up with my journal too!

Day 103
Flower 30
Flip 40
Whoops! Should have watered her yesterday. Just took care of that.
Doug's Varin 11 Mar 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 11 Mar 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 11 Mar 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 11 Mar 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

I also noticed some pistils changing colour.
Doug's Varin 11 Mar 2022 Brown.jpg
Wooooooo idk about you guys but I love a fluffy gal :cool: she's looking great Mel .. any idea how long the flower time is on her?

Mel are you in a 5 gallon, how much water do you give her. I’m at 1.5 litre in my 3 gallon, idk if that’s enough. I go eod or every 3rd day, I have to get a self watering gro pot, I do great during veg my problems come during flower

Towers! Love the look of that DV. :welldone:
Thanks!
Wooooooo idk about you guys but I love a fluffy gal :cool: she's looking great Mel .. any idea how long the flower time is on her?
Me too!
I don't really know how long she'll take. Going by how she's growing I'd say not too long. Over in Shed and VG's thread there are a couple of pics from someone else who grew it, and his went 70 days from flip. However WSE have stopped selling the seeds due to reports of unstable phenos, so I don't know if mine will have the same flowering time.
There's a link to Shed and VG's thread down in the similar threads section at the bottom, I'm having trouble linking it up here for some reason:hmmmm:
Mel are you in a 5 gallon, how much water do you give her. I’m at 1.5 litre in my 3 gallon, idk if that’s enough. I go eod or every 3rd day, I have to get a self watering gro pot, I do great during veg my problems come during flower
I'm in a 3g pot right now, and I give her around 1 litre of water when the pot is light, which works out to every third day right now. I get a little bit of runoff, but not a huge amount.

Back
Top Bottom