Day 89
Flower 16
Flip 26
Well, I watered her, and when I had her out of the tent I tried to spread the branches. They resisted.
I heard an ominous cracking from one of them as I was attempting to bend it out to the side, and I took that warning seriously. I have no intention of having an unintentional supercrop on this plant, especially as I don't know how this strain responds to stress.
Doug's Varin 25 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 25 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 25 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 25 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Great link, thanks Melville! And the NIH is always legal and legit! I think anyway... :slide:
Seems to be, since it's still there!
She's progressing great Mel! It will be very interesting how you find her regarding the THCV aspect of the strain.
Thanks!
Hopefully she's one of the ones with a higher level of it. I will be posting the test results as soon as I get them, just another couple of months to go, lol.

To get rid of that glow on top you're going to have to get shots from in the tent and have them in front of you; it will cause that light to not reflect back. Have the grow light behind you and the plant in front :)

Day 90
Flower 17
Flip 27
Due to the realities of the room my tent is in, I can't follow the excellent advice @Krissi1982 gave me, so after today I'll be taking Doug out of the tent to another area for pics. I thought I might be able to take pics with the light out, but two of these pics show that that's not really possible, at least not with the lighting conditions here at lights on.
She is still drinking quickly, and I have been tucking leaves to get the shoots more light.
Doug's Varin 26 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 26 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 26 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 26 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Edit: Whoops, hit post before adding pics, lol!

Day 90
Flower 17
Flip 27
Due to the realities of the room my tent is in, I can't follow the excellent advice @Krissi1982 gave me, so after today I'll be taking Doug out of the tent to another area for pics. I thought I might be able to take pics with the light out, but two of these pics show that that's not really possible, at least not with the lighting conditions here at lights on.
She is still drinking quickly, and I have been tucking leaves to get the shoots more light.
I can't wait to see Doug in new light!!! :circle-of-love:

Looking great in all lights Melville! Have you had your flowers tested before?
Thanks!
I was planning on it for last summer's grow, but I never got around to sending the samples in. In fact I'm looking at them right now, lol.
They're sitting on my desk out of the light, packaged and labelled and ready to send. I really should do that. It would be good to know.

Awesome looking great my friend... And yea I feel you on the *snap* sound...makes ya back off quite quickly lol

EDIT: my last grow I had no choice but to snap the main cola over so it didn't hit my light.... That was stressful as fuuuuuuuhho_O

Thanks!
I was planning on it for last summer's grow, but I never got around to sending the samples in. In fact I'm looking at them right now, lol.
They're sitting on my desk out of the light, packaged and labelled and ready to send. I really should do that. It would be good to know.
Only the cost stands in the way for me. I have had two batches of my CDB oil tested though to make sure my dosing was accurate. I'll look into what flower costs to test after harvest.

Day 91
Flower 18
Flip 28
Well, the pics are marginally better today. I am still clearing a space for pics. I tested out the lighting in the area I had intended to use, and since the sun has set by the time I can take her out of the tent it really doesn't work out. I'm working on clearing the area right in front of the tent. We'll see how it works out.
Sometimes you don't realize how much crap you have until you have to move it around.
Still, she's doing well. She's starting to smell more, and it's a nicer slightly citrus smell. I really do like strains with lots of limonene, so I'm interested to see if she keeps going that way.
Doug's Varin 27 Feb 2022.jpg
Doug's Varin 27 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 27 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 27 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Yeah. That stack shot is crap. Sorry about that, I'll do better tomorrow.

Don't apologize to us, we like them all!
Yes we do!! Don't need the perfect pic to see she's a beauty!
Thanks guys!
But I really do like to get the best pics possible, let you guys see how she actually looks, and make it possible for you to point out anything I might have missed.
I'll figure it out!

Day 92
Flower 19
Flip 29
I've got a better spot. Not perfect, but better. I dug out one of my t5 seedling lights, and brought the plant all the way downstairs. I just have to keep the cat away from her while I'm taking the pics.
Doug's Varin 28 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 28 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 28 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 28 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg
I think you got a great spot!! Looks so good!!!!

Just to warn you, there is some kind of weed-pissing movement going on among the world's cats. Don't know how wide-ranging it might be; cats from everywhere may have been drawn in.

So unless you like that kind of thing, be on guard.

Back
Top Bottom