Day 86
Flowering 13
Flip 23
So, there are now a bunch of little secondary shoots starting to poke through into the light from the understory. I'm thinking I'll start tucking the fan leaves under them while spreading the branches, see if I can give them enough light to get up into the canopy.
Doug's Varin 22 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 22 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 22 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 22 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

If you look closely you can just see the first trichomes forming on the leaves of the bud in the third pic!

But skunk weed smells good.

I just assumed they smelled fartish.

Healthline website says:

The noxious scent of skunk spray can be long-lasting and overpowering. Skunk spray contains sulfur-based organic compounds called thiols. These compounds let off an immediate blast of acrid scent, reminiscent of rotten eggs.

Healthline website says:

The noxious scent of skunk spray can be long-lasting and overpowering. Skunk spray contains sulfur-based organic compounds called thiols. These compounds let off an immediate blast of acrid scent, reminiscent of rotten eggs.
Do you know that skunks are actually milked for their skunk essence or spray? And that only the finest perfumes/colognes use this because of how long it lasts! True story!

NTH

Day 87
Flower 14
Flip 24
Two weeks into flowering now. I haven't tucked the leaves or spread the branches yet. I'm planning on doing that tomorrow when I pull her out to water her. Gives me a bit more room to work, and minimizes the time spent outside the tent. I also plan on leaving the light where it is for now, as that should help the lower shoots grow up. Otherwise, nothing new to report.
Doug's Varin 23 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 23 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 23 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 23 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Those babies are going to stack beautifully!
They're working on it!
:)
Healthline website says:

I'd heard that the worst part of a skunk's spray were the thiols, but I never knew they were sulfur based. Thanks!
Do you know that skunks are actually milked for their skunk essence or spray? And that only the finest perfumes/colognes use this because of how long it lasts! True story!

NTH
I never knew that! Of course they also use whale stomach contents, and the anal secretions of civets, so I guess that makes sense :hmmmm:
Let me put it this way. The first time you smell a skunk you know what it is
Yep. You certainly do!
Love to see them dress that up in a job description. :oops:
I can't even imagine it! Show up for a new job, "You want me to do WHAT?"

Day 88
Flower 15
Flip 25
Okay, so I didn't water her today, which means I didn't spread her branches either. I lifted her up to take her out of the tent and she was just a little too heavy to need water tonight. I'll double check in the morning a bit before lights out, so if she really needs it I can give her a little then to keep her from drooping tomorrow, but I don't think she'll need it.
Doug's Varin 24 Feb 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 24 Feb 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 24 Feb 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 24 Feb 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

I'm going to have to take the pics a different way or something. That overexposure at the top is bothering me.

I hope yours is loaded with THCV because it's loaded with flowers!
So do I!
I read a study somewhere about the effect of light spectrum on THCV production. They used HPS, and two types of LED. Both the LEDs produced higher levels of THCV than the HPS. They seemed to suggest the higher levels of UV in the LEDs led to the higher levels. They didn't specify any lighting company so I'm hoping the link is okay to post.
Here's the link.

I also read somewhere that sunlight results in higher levels of all cannabinoids across the board, so I will definitely be running a DV outdoors if the flowering period is reasonable. Or maybe I'll do a light dep plant. Kick off flower a couple of weeks earlier.

Back
Top Bottom