Mars II 1600! Super Monster Scrog Pounder

No problem and I appreciate it. I just hope to learn all I can from the guys like you on here. And yeah I can tell it's the best place. Really well constructed and great people up here. Thanks man. I'll be keeping up with your grows too. Subbed you on YT

Ok here is whats going on. Many people wanted me to flip on Monday but I had to so no and decided this weekend would be best. Two main reasons for dissension. One is I like to Flipped all the lights on and bloom switch's on for about 5-7 days to get plants adjusting to the red spectrum. Two is as soon as I flip the bloom switch's on I like to start giving them Flowering nutes to get them use to the P.K. Then when I flip 12 the plants start flowers and stretch early = big better BUDS... Thank you all for stopping by and keep it growing green.
20140722_045320.jpg
20140722_045358.jpg

20140722_045330.jpg
20140722_045339.jpg

Another great update CO :thumb:

I've asked this question before but it was overlooked. Why do you like to grow under negative pressure, is it to control odour or is it beneficial to your plants?

Another great update CO :thumb:

I've asked this question before but it was overlooked. Why do you like to grow under negative pressure, is it to control odour or is it beneficial to your plants?

Main reason is it is not letting any hot air sit in tent. Two is all odor is going threw filter and not being pushed out tent vents. Three is it clears out co2 and not push it in rooms when timer turns e vac fans on. Forth reason is I have fans up high blowing over lights to mover hot air right to the filter and with neg pressure it does not allow hot air form the top fans to get pushed down on plants.

Ok all..Today was hash making day.. I have a few pic and video I am editing now. It will be posted as soon as I get it uploaded.
Step one on how I do this is get a clean 5 gallon bucket. Then put your cuttings in and fill 5 gallon bucket about 1/4 way up. Then add dry ice and mix real well. Make sure you wear gloves and do this out side or a place with a lot of fresh air (CO2 can kill). Let the dry ice sit with cuttings in bucket for 2-5min and stir about once a min. Then put your bubble bad screen you chose over bucket (it will not slide all the way down). Now hold it over your clean table or what ever clean surface you use and carefully slide bag off and close bag. Start shacking and your cannabis gold will flow. I use a 5 foot round glass table. I would not do on something smaller or you will have your cannabis gold all over your floor. Thank you all for stopping by and I wish you all the best. Happy growing.

20140722_192444.jpg
20140722_201008.jpg
20140722_202427.jpg
20140722_195623.jpg

CO that was very helpful thank you, I appreciate your time and knowledge. May I offer some advice without insult? Edit. Lol I have very limited internet access per month so to play a video is a big deal for my impoverished self. A good 50% reduction, like making poettry would be perfect- distilled, same info less filler. Not ungrateful for it quite the opposite you take the time to help others, namaste. But yeah man that was very cool to learn about and I was quite surprised how much volume vs the regular wet method of extraction. Have a great day CO.

I appreciate CO finest's help, tutorials and videos too...but, if I may also;

Dry ice extraction has some of the highest levels of contaminant (i.e. anything other than glandular trichome heads) of any extraction method out there. The dry ice makes everything in the bag so cold and brittle that even very large amounts of plant matter can break up into small enough particles to pass through the screen, regardless of micron size of the holes. That is why the ice-water-extraction method is still one of (if not THE) best extraction methods for the connoisseur. The dry ice method is fast and a decent way to reduce your volume into more portable, easily-stored sized containers, but the final product should still be carded to remove those unwanted contaminants. I am in no way an expert, however, I have read literally volumes on extraction methods and have personally practiced; Dry ice extraction, ice water extraction, BHO (with blast tubes and vac-purges), QWISO, RSO.

The best method for purity of end product, for me anyway, is the ice/water mesh-bag method. Though water is a solvent too, it's still considered to be solventless, yet WAY less labor-intensive than dry-sifting. I like my hashes, and they all turn to liquid when heat is applied.

O.K., sorry for the interruption. Here's your soap box back now...lol.

p.s. The smallest micron bag in the set is rarely the best quality of hash. Usually, it's in the 73u bag or the 45u bag. My last 2 bubblebag runs had the highest yield in the 45u bag. The bag with the highest yield is strictly dependant upon strain and ripeness. Sativa strains genetically have smaller glandular heads so theirs will settle in the lower bags, and if not allowed to achieve complete maturity, all glandular heads will not be completely swollen or developed and they too will settle in the lower bags. Just saying.

some nice looking compressed kief. will have to watch this video later tonight to make sure i dont miss anything. i skimmed through it to see the results of your dry ice shake method.

was that first batch you made with water using dry ice as well or just regular ice?

i make bubble hash and have never got results that low but i may be running more trim and c nugs or have more trichomes on the material.. been wanting to see a batch made with dry ice so i can compare to my old runs. getting new pair of bags tonight, not sure if you guys heard about the feds and the extracts but its no bueno.

I&i

Hey cofinest, had to come to your neck of the woods to ask a question that couldn't be answered by my local grow shop.

So I was going to get a timer for the 1600 and I noticed all the titan timers said to not use digital ballasts with them, and I believe I read on here that Leds are similar to a digital ballast. Now I've got two options.

Titan timer if it works with the led.

Or

Name escapes me but wire in a 250$ timer into 2 of my 4 open slots on my box. I'll be making this purchase in 4 days I will get the names of both tomorrow for more information for you. I'm mainly wondering right now if Leds are similar to digital ballasts and need a special timer. It's a difference of about 220$

I&I

Hey cofinest, had to come to your neck of the woods to ask a question that couldn't be answered by my local grow shop.

So I was going to get a timer for the 1600 and I noticed all the titan timers said to not use digital ballasts with them, and I believe I read on here that Leds are similar to a digital ballast. Now I've got two options.

Titan timer if it works with the led.

Or

Name escapes me but wire in a 250$ timer into 2 of my 4 open slots on my box. I'll be making this purchase in 4 days I will get the names of both tomorrow for more information for you. I'm mainly wondering right now if Leds are similar to digital ballasts and need a special timer. It's a difference of about 220$

I&I

Ok.. Led are not the same at all. HPS and Mh have a ballast. Led has a power supply. They do not work the same. I have ran 5$ timers at harbor fright and never had one problem. Now I would spend the money on a really good surge protector to protect your investment if any thing. Ballasts boosts voltage for short duration, then maintains a constant applied current after. A power supply converts AC to DC

some nice looking compressed kief. will have to watch this video later tonight to make sure i dont miss anything. i skimmed through it to see the results of your dry ice shake method.

was that first batch you made with water using dry ice as well or just regular ice?

i make bubble hash and have never got results that low but i may be running more trim and c nugs or have more trichomes on the material.. been wanting to see a batch made with dry ice so i can compare to my old runs. getting new pair of bags tonight, not sure if you guys heard about the feds and the extracts but its no bueno.

I&i

Both I showed where dry ice. The Other batch was the plates on the table in the back with small amounts. Now I forgot to say if you do it right you will have some very nice hash. When you start to shake you need to move it very slow around the table and watch for color change. when you first start you will see the color will be nice and tan. As you keep shaking you will see it start to turn color to a brown too a light green. As you start getting to the brown that has plant matter and the light green has the most plant matter. The brown and green are good to mix with you cannabis in a bowl or blunt. Just Do Not keep shaking when you see light green. If you want to turn your dry ice hash into a cleaner hash then you will want to run it threw some table screens after you do the dry ice process.

Back
Top Bottom