Mars II 1600! Super Monster Scrog Pounder

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm seriously considering a scrog grow for my next indoors attempt. Say I wanted to order the supplies to build my own scrog on amazon. What exactly should I order as far as netting and pvc piping and the joints and stuff...? I have absolute 0 building experience sorry lol :adore:, my dad built my old grow room indoors. I'm considering either a mars 2 1600 or a mars 2 1200 light for a grow indoors and I want do DIY the scrog. I was considering a MacGuyver attempt at scrog lol, but I'd rather do it more like you do. Plus my MacGuyver's sometimes end up as MacGrubers. :laughtwo:

Thanks for the video on the scrog build by the way! :thanks::Namaste:

LMAO.. Love your post (MacGrubers). If you let me know the size of your area and how high you want it, I can make a list of what you need. Our if you are not to far from Chatfield I an build it for you and you can just pick up.

:rofl: I'm glad you enjoyed that hahaha. When all else fails, my MacGruber's are certainly entertaining!
So space isn't really a limitation, my indoor grow will be in a shed pretty much, once I get it all cleaned up. I'm thinking a 5x5x6ft tall. Hmm I'll just pm you about this. one sec thanks!!!:high-five:

Hey guys. SoilGirl, I am hoping to do the same thing in a 5x5. Can you lend some of the advice that CO Finest sends your way?

Lets keep this out in the open people, there are rookies trying to learn here, please.

Co Finest, I read a lot of info here on 420 mag but to hear you say it in your video seems to help a lot.

The main reason I have to do by pm is there are two links that are not sponsors. I can send you links for parts if needed.
Building a 5'x5'x32"high scrog.
4 EA 10' 1/2INCH PVC
4 EA Corner, aka side outlet 90deg
Now two of the 10' will be making the scrog net and two will be the legs.
Cut 4ea 57 3/4" long. You will get two cuts from each 10' pvc
from your last two 10' cut four 32" for you legs.
Let me know is you would like links for parts
If you have a 5x5 tent you can build with out full legs buy putting 4"legs and use hose clamps to attach to polls on tent.

anybody else's eyeballs take a hit when you're in a room whith the Mars 1600?

That light wakes you up and reminds you to put sun shades on quick. The idea I have is it would be really awesome if they made a dimmer on the light so when in veg it can be used less as plants are smaller and turned up as they grow bigger. I feel like I am wasting a lot of power at times. Rheostat dimmer

That light wakes you up and reminds you to put sun shades on quick. The idea I have is it would be really awesome if they made a dimmer on the light so when in veg it can be used less as plants are smaller and turned up as they grow bigger. I feel like I am wasting a lot of power at times. Rheostat dimmer

I did a google search for 2000w LED dimmer & they are available but are wall mounted light switches. I'm sure a man with your electrical knowledge could rig one up quite easily :)

Hey guys. SoilGirl, I am hoping to do the same thing in a 5x5. Can you lend some of the advice that CO Finest sends your way?
Below are the pvc materials he kindly re-shared.
The main reason I have to do by pm is there are two links that are not sponsors. I can send you links for parts if needed.
Building a 5'x5'x32"high scrog.
4 EA 10' 1/2INCH PVC
4 EA Corner, aka side outlet 90deg
Now two of the 10' will be making the scrog net and two will be the legs.
Cut 4ea 57 3/4" long. You will get two cuts from each 10' pvc
from your last two 10' cut four 32" for you legs.
Let me know is you would like links for parts
If you have a 5x5 tent you can build with out full legs buy putting 4"legs and use hose clamps to attach to polls on tent.
And to add to this he suggested a HydroFarm trellis netting 5' by 30' and LASCO 1/2-in Dia 90-Degree PVC Sch 40 Side Outlet Elbow pvc joints.
Netting available on amazon, the joints from lowes' website

I'd be careful with dimmers for electronics not necessarily designed for them. Dimmers can lead to reduced lifetime of parts much like the effects of brown out situation have which is why line conditioners can be very useful to prolonging life since they have internal battery to help regulate power to absorb surges and provide extra power when there's a shortage.

i agree 100% like the digital ballasts. the leds are coming along extremely fast and nice. look foward to seeing the future leds ;)

when i first had her set up i couldnt even go into the room first 30 min after waking up, ive tried and i literally fight to try and open my eyes while using hands to block the beast..
I&i

Just a little update. They are still in veg mode. I will leave it up to you all to vote. Flit to 12 on Monday or Friday.
Here is Mothra and her mighty growth
20140719_020453.jpg
20140719_020505.jpg

Now in the other corner here is Godzilla and her flexing the Scrog
20140719_020528.jpg
20140719_020515.jpg
20140719_020540.jpg

Ok Hiding in the DIY tent is Smurfette in veg waiting on her new light to show up.
20140719_020651.jpg
20140719_020716.jpg

Back
Top Bottom