Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Here's a couple of pics of a 400w MarsHydro II in a 3x3 veg room and praying mantis hanging out :)

image32546.jpg
image32547.jpg

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I'm loving the reflector series 48x3! I'm an old hps guy and I had my doubts about LED, especially the less expensive ones. I ran the 48x3 in a mars hydro 2x2 tent and I should pull about 1.3 grams per watt from one plant. Right now I'm sitting at 1 gram per watt and still have a little drying waiting to be trimmed. If you're on the fence about investing in a reflector series, check out my "baby LED" journal. I'm so impressed with the little light I'm going to be buying more reflectors when I have the income! Thanks Sophia, Ruby, and last but not least Sarah for the light!
GB80

I'm going to stick to the plan on ordering a second 480 reflector. Three days later since I received my light and only with the growth switch on. My plants responded insanely great to the new unit.

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I'm loving the reflector series 48x3! I'm an old hps guy and I had my doubts about LED, especially the less expensive ones. I ran the 48x3 in a mars hydro 2x2 tent and I should pull about 1.3 grams per watt from one plant. Right now I'm sitting at 1 gram per watt and still have a little drying waiting to be trimmed. If you're on the fence about investing in a reflector series, check out my "baby LED" journal. I'm so impressed with the little light I'm going to be buying more reflectors when I have the income! Thanks Sophia, Ruby, and last but not least Sarah for the light!
GB80

Thanks for sharing! Sub'ed your grow friend. :thumb:

Just for clarification I think the whole "Green LED" thing was just an optical illusion mix up. I don't think anyone actually found green LEDs on there light, they just appear green. My 144x5 looks like it has green LEDs just like everyone else but it's just caused from a mixing of the sprectrums or something and it makes the warm whites look green. I figured this out when I took a puff of my ecig in front of my light, the button on my ecig has a white LED that lights up when you press it, if I'm in front of my light when I press it, the white LED on my ecig appears to be just as "green" as the diodes on the light, when it's actually white. Kinda interesting.

Hello, I never plucked up the courage to take my light apart as the diodes are tiny and I'm not good with fiddly bits. I had no problem at all with the Mars II series and the plants seem to love them

Thanks for the report! And Yes I guess it is just an optical illusion, funny how optics work because they absolutely look green while lit, although the LEDs are clearly soft white :) Reminds me of a Geto Boys song ;)

[video=youtube;KutXyPEEbQs]
[/video]

My 700w Mars II is working well so far; no more staring at candles!

:)haha, what a cozy morning...
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
Sep-12-15, 04:56 PDT, MIAMI, FL 33174

My morning is complete after readin this update.
-sitting on the couch starring out the window for the FedEx truck, like a cat would.-

Hi StreetPreach, the best way is to isolate the other lights source and you will see the true color the leds. :Namaste:
What was the result after installing the new LEDs?

I've been following this issue because I seem to have the same 'issue'. When the lights are on I definitely see GREEN lights with my naked eye. However when the light is off the same LEDs appear to be YELLOW (soft white). Actually, the green/yellow LEDs in my light look the same as the replacement WHITE LEDs shown in your photo...

Just curious if your camera is detecting WHITE light after replacing the offending LEDs?

Thanks!

:cheer:haha great:cheer: can't wait to see the set-up.:high-five:
So i received my light finally off a eBay seller & WOW :thumb: this light just felt solid. Well built, the green love it, switches, and of course the 5watt LEDs. Pretty excited how things are going to pop off now in the tent. Looking to order 1-2 more very soon!

well said LEDBud, most light plants need is blue and red. I do agree that green is also useful. That's why we add white to supplement other colors. :high-five:
There is some debate over the green light , it adds one more light spectrum that appears to help.

Some people desire the green and some people do not understand its possible benefits.

I remember hearing Ed Rosenthal in a video on LED's say the green light should be there to complete the light spectrum. I have also heard Pro's say all you need is red and blue

Although a plant will grow with just a red light or just a blue light , a mix proves more useful including mixing in white & IR & apparently green light.

wow well done, super... :cheer:
All I can say is they work great. Here is today's harvest. It is an Incredible Bulk. She was 94 days from putting the seed in a towel till chop. 6 weeks veg. Some of the hardest heaviest dankest smelliest bud I have grown to date. :peace:

20150910_070714_resized.jpg
20150910_070722_resized.jpg
20150912_152142.jpg

Hi StreetPreach, please don't worry. They are warm white not green. The light propagates in circle not straight way and they will mix together. :Namaste:
Thanks for the enlightenment Bud, I'm sure there's endless debate about which spectrum works best

I was actually referring to the controversy about whether the LEDs in some lights are actually soft white or green? When photographed or observed with the naked eye while lit, the LEDs definitely appear GREEN.

However, when the light is off the LEDs look yellow, which I rate as being Soft White...

The replacement LEDs look yellow in the bag (same as the green/yellow lights in my fixture), so I was just wondering if the new LEDs now look yellow/white to your camera when illuminated? Or do they still appear as the same green that we've been seeing??

Back
Top Bottom