Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Quote Street Preech:Thanks for the enlightenment Bud, I'm sure there's endless debate about which spectrum works best

I was actually referring to the controversy about whether the LEDs in some lights are actually soft white or green? When photographed or observed with the naked eye while lit, the LEDs definitely appear GREEN.
end quote
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I am thinking you may have some color blindness as blue looks green to those with it and we know the Panels use blue spectrum chips.

I find the lights so blinding that any color I see is dazzling my eyes in a bad way that it is not very scientific.

image32528.jpg

Here's a photo of it running, temps stay at 82-84F.

Its a 4x4 for you... If you need to think about more light i would think finding a different light would be a wise choice try something in blue white to add to those ladies to go with your full spectium.... But im thinking gram a watt .... So load it up.

I also have a 4x8 and we run 2x1200w and 1 1600w in the middle . Can't go wrong with more light :)
And no , there are no dark spots with 2 1200w , trust me , no matter what the camera shows .

Quote sagegrower: I strongly suggest this thread by Uncle Cannabis: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uncle Cannabis did a great job explaining the wattage vs space. It is exactly how I understand it as well , spooky accurate

What was the result after installing the new LEDs?

I've been following this issue because I seem to have the same 'issue'. When the lights are on I definitely see GREEN lights with my naked eye. However when the light is off the same LEDs appear to be YELLOW (soft white). Actually, the green/yellow LEDs in my light look the same as the replacement WHITE LEDs shown in your photo...

Just curious if your camera is detecting WHITE light after replacing the offending LEDs?

Thanks!

Hello, I never plucked up the courage to take my light apart as the diodes are tiny and I'm not good with fiddly bits. I had no problem at all with the Mars II series and the plants seem to love them but the Reflectors I'm not so keen on (some people love them). My grows under the Mars II give nice dense buds but with the Reflectors I scrapped the grow, the plants (all clones from the same mother) just didn't take to the lights at all, yet the same strain under the Mars II thrived. As for the green it's a weird one, they look green when on whether it's in a photograph or by sight yet they are definitely yellow when turned off. Either way it's a non issue as now the Reflectors are purely used as side lighting. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. All the best :thumb:

IMGP1101150830rs.jpg

For my taste this is how I use the Reflectors. It was that or the bin (Sorry Sara but the Mars II are much more to my liking)

anyone else prefer a marsII over reflector? ordering a second light for my 2x4. currently have a 480 96x5 reflector in there, 2-3 weeks i'll be ordering a second light for flowering. (which marsII would it be 400 or 700)
Hello, I never plucked up the courage to take my light apart as the diodes are tiny and I'm not good with fiddly bits. I had no problem at all with the Mars II series and the plants seem to love them but the Reflectors I'm not so keen on (some people love them). My grows under the Mars II give nice dense buds but with the Reflectors I scrapped the grow, the plants (all clones from the same mother) just didn't take to the lights at all, yet the same strain under the Mars II thrived. As for the green it's a weird one, they look green when on whether it's in a photograph or by sight yet they are definitely yellow when turned off. Either way it's a non issue as now the Reflectors are purely used as side lighting. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. All the best :thumb:

IMGP1101150830rs.jpg

For my taste this is how I use the Reflectors. It was that or the bin (Sorry Sara but the Mars II are much more to my liking)

I think I would stay with the reflector series if I had one of them already. That way I could use the lights at the same height , I like the continuity of that.

The reflectors narrow and intensify and may work better at 2.5 ft distance to spread the light and intensity , especially for clones/seedlings.

I prefer a bare LED to one with a reflector or lens as it has good spread without them and no losses are incurred. The reflector series is still good and better then a series that uses lenses, in my opinion.

I have a closet hps600w.. i will buy 2x 1600w and in on flowering i add the hps :DDDDDD

Too much heat build up, a 1200w or 1600w will cover a 4x4 just fine , I just happen to have some extra lights not in use ,so I put in the extra 1200w and heat is not a problem, also LEDs grows need higher heat to function 82-84f .
We had a hybrid grow with 2 hps and led in the middle and the plants all started to grow towards the led , just figured why not try it with all LEDs and see what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom