Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

yes, it's hard to detect the right color of the leds with other color on. :cheesygrinsmiley: and please be careful, it will hurt the eyes to look at the light directly.
Quote Street Preech:Thanks for the enlightenment Bud, I'm sure there's endless debate about which spectrum works best

I was actually referring to the controversy about whether the LEDs in some lights are actually soft white or green? When photographed or observed with the naked eye while lit, the LEDs definitely appear GREEN.
end quote
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I am thinking you may have some color blindness as blue looks green to those with it and we know the Panels use blue spectrum chips.

I find the lights so blinding that any color I see is dazzling my eyes in a bad way that it is not very scientific.

3pcs 1200w may be better. They will give you more flexibility and better light distribution.:high-five:
WHAT GIVE MORE BIG YIELDS ? 3x 1200W or 2x 1600w ?

1600w = 740 drew power

1200w = 550 drew power

good temp control, flyboy:thumb:
image32528.jpg

Here's a photo of it running, temps stay at 82-84F.

hi Root, how are you today.:circle-of-love:
Lower more bush higher more streching greatness said... Me im trying to figure out the last guys question.

Hi cali, I wonder the size of the closet. 2pcs 1600w added up with one 600w hps will produce quite a lot heat. Hope you will handle well with heat.:high-five:
I have a closet hps600w.. i will buy 2x 1600w and in on flowering i add the hps :DDDDDD

Haha, it's OK Kriaze, great set-up. :thumb: I have to say you have a good taste of art and are good photographer. The whole pic is symmetric. I like the big white fan in the middle.:circle-of-love: Let MarsII rock the grow.:high-five:
Hello, I never plucked up the courage to take my light apart as the diodes are tiny and I'm not good with fiddly bits. I had no problem at all with the Mars II series and the plants seem to love them but the Reflectors I'm not so keen on (some people love them). My grows under the Mars II give nice dense buds but with the Reflectors I scrapped the grow, the plants (all clones from the same mother) just didn't take to the lights at all, yet the same strain under the Mars II thrived. As for the green it's a weird one, they look green when on whether it's in a photograph or by sight yet they are definitely yellow when turned off. Either way it's a non issue as now the Reflectors are purely used as side lighting. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. All the best :thumb:

IMGP1101150830rs.jpg

For my taste this is how I use the Reflectors. It was that or the bin (Sorry Sara but the Mars II are much more to my liking)

Thanks for the help, LEDBud.:thanks:
I think I would stay with the reflector series if I had one of them already. That way I could use the lights at the same height , I like the continuity of that.

The reflectors narrow and intensify and may work better at 2.5 ft distance to spread the light and intensity , especially for clones/seedlings.

I prefer a bare LED to one with a reflector or lens as it has good spread without them and no losses are incurred. The reflector series is still good and better then a series that uses lenses, in my opinion.

:Namaste: thanks for sharing. they look great.:cheer:
Here's a couple of pics of a 400w MarsHydro II in a 3x3 veg room and praying mantis hanging out :)

image32546.jpg
image32547.jpg

Awesome, GB!Gongrats on the Harvest! Haha, little as it is, it will not let you down.:thumb:
Just wanted to chime in here and say that I'm loving the reflector series 48x3! I'm an old hps guy and I had my doubts about LED, especially the less expensive ones. I ran the 48x3 in a mars hydro 2x2 tent and I should pull about 1.3 grams per watt from one plant. Right now I'm sitting at 1 gram per watt and still have a little drying waiting to be trimmed. If you're on the fence about investing in a reflector series, check out my "baby LED" journal. I'm so impressed with the little light I'm going to be buying more reflectors when I have the income! Thanks Sophia, Ruby, and last but not least Sarah for the light!
GB80

:cheer: woohoo, nice, so many good news this morning. I love you guys. :high-five:
I'm going to stick to the plan on ordering a second 480 reflector. Three days later since I received my light and only with the growth switch on. My plants responded insanely great to the new unit.

haha, great findings. Sometimes, to see is not always to believe. :laughtwo:
Just for clarification I think the whole "Green LED" thing was just an optical illusion mix up. I don't think anyone actually found green LEDs on there light, they just appear green. My 144x5 looks like it has green LEDs just like everyone else but it's just caused from a mixing of the sprectrums or something and it makes the warm whites look green. I figured this out when I took a puff of my ecig in front of my light, the button on my ecig has a white LED that lights up when you press it, if I'm in front of my light when I press it, the white LED on my ecig appears to be just as "green" as the diodes on the light, when it's actually white. Kinda interesting.

Great video, Alibongo. :cheer: also very good temp control.:thumb: Plants look very healthy.:high-five:
A few days ago under the mars1200 at day day 40 from seed

yes, it is. :Namaste:
My mars hydro 80×5 looks green on the white leds particularly on the lens under the white leds. As above I assume its an optical illusion.

yes, the draw power of 400w ranges from 180w to 190w while that of Reflector96 is 200w~210w.:circle-of-love:
That's only 1 girl!!! Wow :thumb:

Is the new 480 96x5 slightly higher than a mars II 400 in wall watt draw?

yes, fantastic grow, very frosty. I want to get this Christams tree.:)
Thought I'd share a little snow to remind everyone that there is only 102 shopping days left until Christmas :biglaugh:

Sugar Black Rose under Mars II 400 watt :passitleft:
100_31143.JPG

100_31123.JPG

100_31163.JPG

100_31004.JPG

100_31065.JPG

Do the reflector series use 3watt or 5watt chips. I was looking at the "Reflector LED Grow Light 144x5W" on the website but in the specifications it says "LED Output Power:144*3watt"

If it does use 5watt chips what's the difference between Mars II and Reflector? Just the longer size and veg/bloom switch on the reflector?

Back
Top Bottom