Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Do the reflector series use 3watt or 5watt chips. I was looking at the "Reflector LED Grow Light 144x5W" on the website but in the specifications it says "LED Output Power:144*3watt"

If it does use 5watt chips what's the difference between Mars II and Reflector? Just the longer size and veg/bloom switch on the reflector?

The Reflector 3watt series are in the process of being phased out in favour of the new 5 watt version. I'm pretty sure that the US is now 5w only along with a lot of places, maybe even the UK but I'm not too sure on that one as I haven't ordered any since they only had the 3w version here on my last purchase. I would think that you have more chance of getting a 5w version if you order now but I'm sure SmokeSara will clarify as to where the old ones are still for sale. ll the best :thumb:

Also it seems that the newer Mars II panels do also have the veg and bloom switch too.

Looks fantastic they look heavily trained using either LA'S flux or standard mainlineing.

Thank you! lots of pipe cleaners :) These pots have a nice lip around the pot that pipe cleaners easily hook to. I rotate which tops are up and down. If I untied everything, the tops are pretty much even. This rotation has made the stems pretty strong and I'm hoping they will be able to support bud weight with little assistance.

hello sara, I am after some advice on how to return unit for repair!

I ordered a mars hydro2 900w via ebay some 7 months ago, I have used the light for 3 grows but have recently had mass blow outs/meltdown of led diodes ( have done nothing different no accidents etc etc), all which seem to have been in the middle of the board. I only noticed recently, as I do not stare up at the light when it is on ( so so bright) and I do not regularly check my grow with a green led in night time.

Anyway I would like to know how to send or where to send the unit for replacement bulbs or for some sort of maintenance to be carried out or last resort, extremely detailed laymans instructions on how to fix it myself.

thnx in advance of ur reply, here r some pics.:thumb::thanks:

DSC_006137.jpg
DSC_006026.jpg
DSC_005934.jpg
DSC_005832.jpg
DSC_005735.jpg
DSC_005635.jpg
DSC_005433.jpg
DSC_005327.jpg
DSC_005231.jpg
DSC_005134.jpg
DSC_005030.jpg

Hi Sara. Going to send you an email today to get a quote and thoughts on a couple of lights and tents. I read that you have a canadian warehouse now so I hope I can save a bit on those freight charges applied to every item on the order on the website.

Hi Sara. Going to send you an email today to get a quote and thoughts on a couple of lights and tents. I read that you have a canadian warehouse now so I hope I can save a bit on those freight charges applied to every item on the order on the website.

I have 2 Mars tents and 3 Mars lights. I am very happy with them. You can see them in my grow journals in my signature. I did a lot of research before buying my tents and lights and I think Mars-Hydro gives you the best bang for your buck. :peace:

Dam there's a few out on ur panel. Almost total meltdown lol I think id tackle one or two leds but I'd be nervous doing that many

Yeah it would definitely be last resort tackling fixing myself. I am however hoping Sara can provide me with, or has someone within the UK to repair the light. I'm not sure what has contributed to such degradation within such a short period of time. I would really like to know to avoid the same happening again.

Oh, Look!! Ratchet hangers! Somebody listened!! :thumb: Great little 'extra'.

:circle-of-love:Hi Atulip, now the Reflector has been updated to 5w, but our website is still under updation. The data is still for the 3w leds. :circle-of-love:
They both use 5w chips now. MarsII has big power. It is usually used for big grow space. In addition, they have different design. The reflection feature of Reflector design will ensure maxmium light output. :Namaste:
Do the reflector series use 3watt or 5watt chips. I was looking at the "Reflector LED Grow Light 144x5W" on the website but in the specifications it says "LED Output Power:144*3watt"

If it does use 5watt chips what's the difference between Mars II and Reflector? Just the longer size and veg/bloom switch on the reflector?

:thanks: thank you for the help Kriaze. Only in Canada there is Reflector with 3w. They are 192x3w and 48x3w. The other warehouses are all with 5w leds now. :cheer: And the new stock of MarsII has switches. However, not every warehouse has the new stock. So there is chance you still get MarsII without switches.:high-five:
The Reflector 3watt series are in the process of being phased out in favour of the new 5 watt version. I'm pretty sure that the US is now 5w only along with a lot of places, maybe even the UK but I'm not too sure on that one as I haven't ordered any since they only had the 3w version here on my last purchase. I would think that you have more chance of getting a 5w version if you order now but I'm sure SmokeSara will clarify as to where the old ones are still for sale. ll the best :thumb:

Also it seems that the newer Mars II panels do also have the veg and bloom switch too.

Hi budnthusiast, I am sorry about this. Email has received. :Namaste:
hello sara, I am after some advice on how to return unit for repair!

I ordered a mars hydro2 900w via ebay some 7 months ago, I have used the light for 3 grows but have recently had mass blow outs/meltdown of led diodes ( have done nothing different no accidents etc etc), all which seem to have been in the middle of the board. I only noticed recently, as I do not stare up at the light when it is on ( so so bright) and I do not regularly check my grow with a green led in night time.

Anyway I would like to know how to send or where to send the unit for replacement bulbs or for some sort of maintenance to be carried out or last resort, extremely detailed laymans instructions on how to fix it myself.

thnx in advance of ur reply, here r some pics.:thumb::thanks:

DSC_006137.jpg
DSC_006026.jpg
DSC_005934.jpg
DSC_005832.jpg
DSC_005735.jpg
DSC_005635.jpg
DSC_005433.jpg
DSC_005327.jpg
DSC_005231.jpg
DSC_005134.jpg
DSC_005030.jpg