Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

For my taste you could kill the music in the video all together or at least make the music volume much lower than the narrative to make it easier to understand what is being said.

I will second the music volume and suggest finding a style that is a little less Dance and more Background. On the other hand we could have the Mars Girls Dancers in Bikinis dancing under the lights pointing out the features:drool:

I will second the music volume and suggest finding a style that is a little less Dance and more Background. On the other hand we could have the Mars Girls Dancers in Bikinis dancing under the lights pointing out the features:drool:

Ya kill the music, The dancing girls idea is good but I'd be saying were there lights in that video !

With autos, your plan should work fine. If you are in a hurry, run them 12/12 for the start. You can go 18/6 and they will probably take longer to flower, but will be bigger. BTW the best auto I have grown is Jock Horror (from Nirvana) :peace:

I have been running autos using the Hempy technique in 3 gallon buckets for a couple years. 20/4 is the best light schedule I have found. In my experience running 12/12 from the start will produce small plants. I give them max light and max nutes. Make sure the ph is 5.8 - 6.0. My most productive auto grow was a Fast and Vast and I got 10 ounces of heavy bud and a few ounces of fluffy and popcorn. Normal per plant is 4 - 5 ounces. Got over 3 ozs from a NLXBB Auto in a 1.5 gallon hempy last year. Autos want to grow f-a-s-t and need maximum light, root area and nutes to do it. My girls always have a little "tip" burn. Never used anything but GH FloraNova and always use the GH Simple FloraNova Drain to Waste feeding schedule. I feed them every day too. I grow my girls under Mars-Hydro Mars II 900 and 700. Use a Mars-Hydro 48x3 reflector model when I pop seeds in a root riot plug and keep them under until the seedling is 7 to 10 days old.

Don't come out half-stroking when it comes to autos. They want maximum light, root space and nutrients.

WJ
:ciao:

GH_feed_schedule.jpg

Week 6 of Veg with (3) Mars-Hydro 144x5 reflectors in a 5x5

I am going to Chicago for the weekend. I felt I would rather have them in Veg than Flower if something were to go wrong while I'm gone. When I get back I will probably keep them in Veg one more week to get them in shape for the switch to flower. Right now they are in 7 GAL pots. I can't stick my finger in the soil without hitting roots. These lights are are doing great, don't underestimate the power due to less heat. I spray these plants when the lights are off and if their is any drops of water on the leaves when the lights come on, the LEDs will burn a hole in your leaves at 24". At the same time you can see these bushes have a pretty deep canopy and the undergrowth has no problem getting light. Yes I have undergrowth that some people would trim away but I'm not one of those people. My plants seem to be doing fine on their own discarding leaves they no longer need.

IMG_227018.JPG

Looks fantastic they look heavily trained using either LA'S flux or standard mainlineing.

:circle-of-love: hi Alibongo, now our new MarsII stock has switches. It happened last month.:Namaste:
Wen did the mars 2 lights get a switch? Iv bought a 700 & 1200 over last two month n I ain't got no switch lmaoooo

:cheer:haha, thank you for the kind words Stoney! :goof: Let the LED rock your grow!:party:
I will tell you what. These girls have won me as a customer. I bought my first Mars light about a week and a half ago and the nugs Under it compared to the ones not is a huge difference theythey looks so much more fat andsugary than the ones just under the HPS. Thanks for all the helpful tips and info the Mars girls are Number 1

:circle-of-love:Hello maggiesdad, thanks for posting here. I am much glad to help you. :high-five:2pcs MarsII700w will give you coverage of 7'x3.5' at the height of 24" and 2pcs Reflector will cover 6.6'x4.4' at the height of 24". Both are OK. You are much welcome to send me an email. I will help you to process it. :Namaste:
Hello, I have been watching this forum for a long time, and I finally made my grow space. It is a partitioned area of my garage that is 8'x4' with a 6 3/4' ceiling it is well insulated, and it has a great air exchange. My grow area will be within that space, about 6'x3.5'. Now my big question is should I get 2 Mars II 700 w, or should I get 2 Reflector 144x5w? I grow auto flower outdoors, but I want to get them out of sight, and eventually I would like to grow photo sensitive plants. I'm too poor to keep buying retail, and too sore to stop ingesting!!!
Sara, I have a question about ordering, my son in another state wants to buy them for me, and have them delivered to my home. Is that possible? I know some places will only ship to the card holders address. I would also like to get the best price, so any coupon codes would be greatly be appreciated! Thanks!!!!

:drool: my mouth is literally watering for the top buds, super grow :cheer:
At 21 sq ft of space, 2 700s would give you about 32w/sqft. I would consider 2 900s. That would put you over 42w / sqft. Rule of thumb 35-50w/sqft.

Here is a pic of one of my plants that should come down this weekend. She only had 6 wweks of veg from the time she popped.

20150910_070714_resized.jpg
20150910_070722_resized.jpg

She was flowered under a 900.

:peace:

:circle-of-love: have a nice weekend, Griz.The plants do look so great!:high-five: They will take good care of themselves since you train them to be the way they are.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Week 6 of Veg with (3) Mars-Hydro 144x5 reflectors in a 5x5

I am going to Chicago for the weekend. I felt I would rather have them in Veg than Flower if something were to go wrong while I'm gone. When I get back I will probably keep them in Veg one more week to get them in shape for the switch to flower. Right now they are in 7 GAL pots. I can't stick my finger in the soil without hitting roots. These lights are are doing great, don't underestimate the power due to less heat. I spray these plants when the lights are off and if their is any drops of water on the leaves when the lights come on, the LEDs will burn a hole in your leaves at 24". At the same time you can see these bushes have a pretty deep canopy and the undergrowth has no problem getting light. Yes I have undergrowth that some people would trim away but I'm not one of those people. My plants seem to be doing fine on their own discarding leaves they no longer need.

IMG_227018.JPG

Thanks for the help, super~:thanks:
The problem with your plan is that Veg and Flower need different light schedules (unless you are growing autos.) Photo period plants will go into flower with a 12/12 light schedule. They will stay in Veg with with longer light schedule. You could set up a second area. For small plants you could build cabinet or put a small tent in you larger area. Mars make a 2x2x6 tent that you could use for veg/clone. :peace:

:thumb: thanks for the advice, Gnarl, haha, I will make one without music next time, especially for you. :yahoo:
For my taste you could kill the music in the video all together or at least make the music volume much lower than the narrative to make it easier to understand what is being said.

:ganjamon:thanks, randy, we will take the advice, both, haha, which one you prefer...:dreamy:

Thank you very much for this info, wj.:thanks: I have put it down.:Namaste:
I have been running autos using the Hempy technique in 3 gallon buckets for a couple years. 20/4 is the best light schedule I have found. In my experience running 12/12 from the start will produce small plants. I give them max light and max nutes. Make sure the ph is 5.8 - 6.0. My most productive auto grow was a Fast and Vast and I got 10 ounces of heavy bud and a few ounces of fluffy and popcorn. Normal per plant is 4 - 5 ounces. Got over 3 ozs from a NLXBB Auto in a 1.5 gallon hempy last year. Autos want to grow f-a-s-t and need maximum light, root area and nutes to do it. My girls always have a little "tip" burn. Never used anything but GH FloraNova and always use the GH Simple FloraNova Drain to Waste feeding schedule. I feed them every day too. I grow my girls under Mars-Hydro Mars II 900 and 700. Use a Mars-Hydro 48x3 reflector model when I pop seeds in a root riot plug and keep them under until the seedling is 7 to 10 days old.

Don't come out half-stroking when it comes to autos. They want maximum light, root space and nutrients.

WJ
:ciao:

GH_feed_schedule.jpg

:yahoo:thank :hug: you, kelticBlue. We are now testing the PAR for all our lights. When it's done, I will post here. :high-five:
Great video. Informational and a great sense of humor. I hope to see more in the future. Always looking for information.
Cheers.
kelticBlue

:circle-of-love:Welcome glimmergrass, we have warehouse in Canada which stocks all the series we have including MarsII and Reflector. They will ship directly from Canada to you, so you don't need to pay the customs.:high-five:
Hi, SmokeSara! I'm looking at your LEDs on eBay. I know that the ones you have on auction right now (like the 600w reflector: Marshydro Reflector 600W LED Grow Light Power Draw 365W Flower VEG Switch Panel | eBay ) ship directly from Canada. Do you have any other lights that can ship directly from Canada? I really hate having to have things shipped across the border from the States -- the customs charges can be fierce!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom