Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

thank you Celt. Human eyes are not sensitive to IR, so they looks not working. :thanks:
Hey 1HpHero, can you post a pick showing the non-working LEDs? There are IR LEDs in the mix that don't show visible light

:circle-of-love: hi 1hphero, I am sorry to this. could you send me the pic of the lights by email? I will help you. :Namaste:
Hey Sarah,

I just received 2 Mars 1600 and both have LEDs that do not work. Can I bring it to your San leandro warehouse to exchange?

:Namaste:glad to know the problem solved. 1hphero:high-five:
Hey thecelt, I think you are right, they are working fine. They are actually on but not quite as bright as the rest of the red color LEDs. I notice it's the same 4 LEDs on both units so I highly doubt both units have bad LEDs in the exact same location. Thanks for the help.

:Namaste:glad to know the problem solved. 1hphero:high-five:
Hey thecelt, I think you are right, they are working fine. They are actually on but not quite as bright as the rest of the red color LEDs. I notice it's the same 4 LEDs on both units so I highly doubt both units have bad LEDs in the exact same location. Thanks for the help.

:thumb: thank you plugged! Some customers like the remote control. This is the decision after testing the market and thorough consideration. Our customers deserve the intelligent feature. This is added value to it. The price will be reduced after we stock them in warehouse. I believe you will We will like it. Apart from the remote control, the design and performance is much better. We will still work hard on improving our MarsII and Reflector series. :Namaste:
OK folks Sara is the best !!!! she puts effort in always, but you have to understand she also is working for a Chinese manufacturer and the American, UK AU,market is what they target. That being said the balancing act is important for her I'm sure.. Now that we have seen several factory so called improvements through the recent year's I think they should slow down and look more at what the market is looking for ! ( Its not remote control for most) maybe spectrum selection, cooler running, less power consumption, and of course the best possible bang for the US Buck.!! ect. With my rant done now LOL plugged again puff puff nite nite.

Hi Guys, I am so much happy. The complete version of PAR Comparision Test Video has come out.:party::party::party:
[video=youtube;FsOXSSUrdL4]
[/video]
In the past several months, a lot customers are asking us the PAR information because of one company is telling customers they have the HIGHEST PAR.:geek: We think they did not test the PAR in a right way, so today we are testing PAR in a more professional way. From this video, you can see if the light has secondary lens, it has three times higher PAR in the center point, but the coverage is much smaller. :thedoubletake:The right way of testing PAR is to test a lot point on the coverage area, but not only the center point. As a led grow light seller, we should not give customers information in an unprofessional way.
Any recommendation on the PAR test? we will release a lot more PAR test video about our products very soon. We will try our best way to get the real par information for your guys, we are led grow light manufacture, and we are the seller too, so we think we have responsibility to let all growers know all the truth. Please help us to spread this information to let all growers know the right way to test PAR value.:hug:

We are now testing all the PAR for all our lights including Mars Pro Series. More info will be available now. And guys, we have launching a new plan to film videos as we find it's the easiest and effective way to express the information. Any advices for the video context are welcome. What's else do you want to know from us?:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Sara, came home today to my new mars 400 and this one has switches. Ordered Saturday on a holiday weekend, received in two days. I am in CA so this is partially why so fast. Always the same foam around the whole light. I can't wait to fire it up soon ( I did make sure it worked and played with the switches like a kid on Christmas enjoying a new toy). Thank you always a pleasure. :volcano-smiley:

The switches for MarsII is a surprise. It works. Haha, Johnnie, enjoy it.:party:
Hey Sara, came home today to my new mars 400 and this one has switches. Ordered Saturday on a holiday weekend, received in two days. I am in CA so this is partially why so fast. Always the same foam around the whole light. I can't wait to fire it up soon ( I did make sure it worked and played with the switches like a kid on Christmas enjoying a new toy). Thank you always a pleasure. :volcano-smiley:

:party:Thank You Uncle:party: I have shared the post with all my colleagues. This will be the tutorial for our new staff.:allgood:
Repost from page 979 of this thread.

I will tell you what. These girls have won me as a customer. I bought my first Mars light about a week and a half ago and the nugs Under it compared to the ones not is a huge difference theythey looks so much more fat andsugary than the ones just under the HPS. Thanks for all the helpful tips and info the Mars girls are Number 1

Hi Guys, I am so much happy. The complete version of PAR Comparision Test Video has come out.:party::party::party:
[video=youtube;FsOXSSUrdL4]
[/video]
In the past several months, a lot customers are asking us the PAR information because of one company is telling customers they have the HIGHEST PAR.:geek: We think they did not test the PAR in a right way, so today we are testing PAR in a more professional way. From this video, you can see if the light has secondary lens, it has three times higher PAR in the center point, but the coverage is much smaller. :thedoubletake:The right way of testing PAR is to test a lot point on the coverage area, but not only the center point. As a led grow light seller, we should not give customers information in an unprofessional way.
Any recommendation on the PAR test? we will release a lot more PAR test video about our products very soon. We will try our best way to get the real par information for your guys, we are led grow light manufacture, and we are the seller too, so we think we have responsibility to let all growers know all the truth. Please help us to spread this information to let all growers know the right way to test PAR value.:hug:

We are now testing all the PAR for all our lights including Mars Pro Series. More info will be available now. And guys, we have launching a new plan to film videos as we find it's the easiest and effective way to express the information. Any advices for the video context are welcome. What's else do you want to know from us?:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hello, I have been watching this forum for a long time, and I finally made my grow space. It is a partitioned area of my garage that is 8'x4' with a 6 3/4' ceiling it is well insulated, and it has a great air exchange. My grow area will be within that space, about 6'x3.5'. Now my big question is should I get 2 Mars II 700 w, or should I get 2 Reflector 144x5w? I grow auto flower outdoors, but I want to get them out of sight, and eventually I would like to grow photo sensitive plants. I'm too poor to keep buying retail, and too sore to stop ingesting!!!
Sara, I have a question about ordering, my son in another state wants to buy them for me, and have them delivered to my home. Is that possible? I know some places will only ship to the card holders address. I would also like to get the best price, so any coupon codes would be greatly be appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Hello, I have been watching this forum for a long time, and I finally made my grow space. It is a partitioned area of my garage that is 8'x4' with a 6 3/4' ceiling it is well insulated, and it has a great air exchange. My grow area will be within that space, about 6'x3.5'. Now my big question is should I get 2 Mars II 700 w, or should I get 2 Reflector 144x5w? I grow auto flower outdoors, but I want to get them out of sight, and eventually I would like to grow photo sensitive plants. I'm too poor to keep buying retail, and too sore to stop ingesting!!!
Sara, I have a question about ordering, my son in another state wants to buy them for me, and have them delivered to my home. Is that possible? I know some places will only ship to the card holders address. I would also like to get the best price, so any coupon codes would be greatly be appreciated! Thanks!!!!

At 21 sq ft of space, 2 700s would give you about 32w/sqft. I would consider 2 900s. That would put you over 42w / sqft. Rule of thumb 35-50w/sqft.

Here is a pic of one of my plants that should come down this weekend. She only had 6 wweks of veg from the time she popped.

20150910_070714_resized.jpg
20150910_070722_resized.jpg

She was flowered under a 900.

:peace:

Week 6 of Veg with (3) Mars-Hydro 144x5 reflectors in a 5x5

I am going to Chicago for the weekend. I felt I would rather have them in Veg than Flower if something were to go wrong while I'm gone. When I get back I will probably keep them in Veg one more week to get them in shape for the switch to flower. Right now they are in 7 GAL pots. I can't stick my finger in the soil without hitting roots. These lights are are doing great, don't underestimate the power due to less heat. I spray these plants when the lights are off and if their is any drops of water on the leaves when the lights come on, the LEDs will burn a hole in your leaves at 24". At the same time you can see these bushes have a pretty deep canopy and the undergrowth has no problem getting light. Yes I have undergrowth that some people would trim away but I'm not one of those people. My plants seem to be doing fine on their own discarding leaves they no longer need.

IMG_227018.JPG

Thanks Supergroomer, i appreciate the response. So if go with the 2 900s, my area would get the full spectrum. Now, for another question, I want to make a perpetual grow, can I put my starters on the edges of the full spectrum to get them going, and keep moving them closer to the center as I harvest the mature plants? I would keep turning them like a plant in a window because of them looking towards the light. I have read lots of grow forums, but I have never heard of this method.
I have been in the indoor plant business forever putting tropical plants in hotels, office buildings, and private homes, so I know how to keep plants alive, but this is totally different!

Thanks Supergroomer, i appreciate the response. So if go with the 2 900s, my area would get the full spectrum. Now, for another question, I want to make a perpetual grow, can I put my starters on the edges of the full spectrum to get them going, and keep moving them closer to the center as I harvest the mature plants? I would keep turning them like a plant in a window because of them looking towards the light. I have read lots of grow forums, but I have never heard of this method.
I have been in the indoor plant business forever putting tropical plants in hotels, office buildings, and private homes, so I know how to keep plants alive, but this is totally different!

The problem with your plan is that Veg and Flower need different light schedules (unless you are growing autos.) Photo period plants will go into flower with a 12/12 light schedule. They will stay in Veg with with longer light schedule. You could set up a second area. For small plants you could build cabinet or put a small tent in you larger area. Mars make a 2x2x6 tent that you could use for veg/clone. :peace:

The problem with your plan is that Veg and Flower need different light schedules (unless you are growing autos.) Photo period plants will go into flower with a 12/12 light schedule. They will stay in Veg with with longer light schedule. You could set up a second area. For small plants you could build cabinet or put a small tent in you larger area. Mars make a 2x2x6 tent that you could use for veg/clone. :peace:
Right now I'm going to do Autos because I had good luck with them over the summer, and I want to make up a good and fairly quick stash before I try the photo sensitive. I have grown auto Candy Kush, THC Bomb, 2 Fast 2 Vast, and Dark Devil outside in 7 gal grow pots, and I got to burn all summer, and some for early fall, so I want to start with what I know, sort of!!!! That's why I thought of the idea of my perpetual grow for a few months, then go with the 2 room setup.

Right now I'm going to do Autos because I had good luck with them over the summer, and I want to make up a good and fairly quick stash before I try the photo sensitive. I have grown auto Candy Kush, THC Bomb, 2 Fast 2 Vast, and Dark Devil outside in 7 gal grow pots, and I got to burn all summer, and some for early fall, so I want to start with what I know, sort of!!!! That's why I thought of the idea of my perpetual grow for a few months, then go with the 2 room setup.

With autos, your plan should work fine. If you are in a hurry, run them 12/12 for the start. You can go 18/6 and they will probably take longer to flower, but will be bigger. BTW the best auto I have grown is Jock Horror (from Nirvana) :peace:

Hi Guys, I am so much happy. The complete version of PAR Comparision Test Video has come out Any advices for the video context are welcome. What's else do you want to know from us?:cheesygrinsmiley:

For my taste you could kill the music in the video all together or at least make the music volume much lower than the narrative to make it easier to understand what is being said.

Back
Top Bottom