Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

SmokeSara

I found a note in my mail yesterday. I think it's from Mars Hydro .

I have no idea what you sent me, but I must say I appreciate that you sent something.

You know I've been so sick I haven't been able to do much layely. But I'm getting better every day now.

And I got really happy that you sent something at all because I didn't expect anything. I'll pick it up today .

Not sure i dare to guess what you sent. A Christmas card? Sunglasses maybe? Or a yoyo hanger perhaps? Let's find out!

They sent me some dope led glasses a week or two back so fingers crossed haha

Really anything is a nice gesture though even a Christmas letter hell how many companies send actually things to their customers... most just send a merry Christmas card via email lol

It was the LED glasses :) thanks Mars Hydro. Very appreciated to be remembered :)

Can't wait for the lights to have the new logo. New look new feel. Hopefully it presents the company as a different one that so many people didn't like in the beginning. I've seen a drastic change of quality since the first mars lights and the new ones. And the old ones do just great. The new ones are even better and hopefully the new logo reflects the new life mars hydro has established within its company.

2e9fdd5b4fc7645665b01be02b6a0685.jpg

SmokeSara

I found a note in my mail yesterday. I think it's from Mars Hydro :)

I have no idea what you sent me, but I must say I appreciate that you sent something.

You know I've been so sick I haven't been able to do much layely. But I'm getting better every day now.

And I got really happy that you sent something at all because I didn't expect anything. I'll pick it up today :)

Not sure i dare to guess what you sent. A Christmas card? Sunglasses maybe? Or a yoyo hanger perhaps? Let's find out!

We hope we could send some special gifts to friends here, the gifts that can show Chinese culture are better. :cheer:

They sent me some dope led glasses a week or two back so fingers crossed haha

Really anything is a nice gesture though even a Christmas letter hell how many companies send actually things to their customers... most just send a merry Christmas card via email lol

:high-five:

It was the LED glasses :) thanks Mars Hydro. Very appreciated to be remembered :)

Many of my colleagues remembered you, my manager and boss also remembered you.They pay much attention to 420.:circle-of-love:

Just curious are you testing in a reflective 4 x 4 tent? Not trying to make waves. I actually value your research. Hence the solution. Don't buy one big light buy multiple smaller ones.... or better yet build your own ..

That guy bought the MarII1200 in 2015, he still uses the light for flowering, it can show the long lifespan of our light and good quality.

4 of the 80's equal one of the 320's. As I have said hundreds of times. You get better light distribution with 4 of those than with one of the 320's. Then you get the light spread out and distributed quite evenly. Don't have the gear to test with.

Anyway. I don't feel mislead at all and the 320's grow phenomenal plants in my rooms :)

I like your research but disagree with the conclusion about misleading. Back when I bought mine all the other's were lying about the wattage. Mars Hydro were the first to actually tell me what to expect from the lamps. Where they said 800 watt, others would claim 1800 watt or so for their counterparts.

I also come from hps and bad reflectors that most certainly didn't cover a 4x4 tent satisfyingly. So as always I bought more lights than needed in my rooms.

Guess i had realistic expectations. Yes, you can grow in a 4x4 with a 320. Did so many many times and it will work just fine. But it will work even better with more light.

Tried the 320 in a 2.5x2.5. That was a little bit too much overkill and we got some bad light bleaching. Ran out of headroom too. Perhaps it would be better in a 3x3? Don't own one of those.

I like your research but disagree with the conclusion about misleading. Back when I bought mine all the other's were lying about the wattage. Mars Hydro were the first to actually tell me what to expect from the lamps. Where they said 800 watt, others would claim 1800 watt or so for their counterparts.

I also come from hps and bad reflectors that most certainly didn't cover a 4x4 tent satisfyingly. So as always I bought more lights than needed in my rooms.

Guess i had realistic expectations. Yes, you can grow in a 4x4 with a 320. Did so many many times and it will work just fine. But it will work even better with more light.

Tried the 320 in a 2.5x2.5. That was a little bit too much overkill and we got some bad light bleaching. Ran out if headroom too. Perhaps it would be better in a 3x3? Don't own one of those.

It would be better in... you set me up. We're in agreement bud, 700w in 24" box is overkill. Four 80's would be better, or the point I'm making is eighty 4's would be best. If the plants are getting bleached within 6" of the LED, it's still too concentrated. Pretty sure the 80's also fall in that category.

An 80 is a quarter of a 320. Same lamps, different size. I use 4 80's in a 4x4 now. That worked really well.

I think the new eco series is built more like you're requesting. Not 100% sure though.

The thing with Mars is that if the customers want it, they'll try to build it :)

SmokeSara. Can we have a lamp that will have an even light distribution in a 4x4? So that the light near the edges is just as strong as the light in the center? I would love such a lamp. That should be the next pro series :)

My point is that it's our own fault as they just build them the way we want them to. I guess we have been too hung up in the compare to hps thing when in reality LED has the potential to crush hps. Instead of asking for a replacement we should ask for something better

Look at this madness :) i have 2 320's and 4 80's in main room now. The plants have taken over 80% of the room. Just wow. What a stretchy strain

05b1ac4426a8325fb5d965d614b8b212.jpg
7076eb2c22b629e99bcbccafe569809e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom