Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello,

I am thinking of buying Mars Pro II Epistar 80 in the next few weeks. On the internet page it says there is a discount from 299 to about 170 dollars. My question is, will this offer stand for some time or will it end soon?

Secondly, I've seen a lot of burnt led diodes on some of the older mars hydro products. Are mars pro II series any more stable than the older ones?

Thank you.

The diodes doesn't seem to die out in the pro series very often and when they do they're very easy to repair. I own 3 320's, 4 80's and one older 160 from the first pro series. That one has been growing beautiful plants for me 365 days a year since early 2015.

I had some power supplies dying on 2 of my 320's, but it was my own fault as the room got so humid things started short circuiting on me. Mars Hydro gave me new ones for free anyway. It's a good company when you run into trouble. That's the reason I love them so much.

Any company can make a good lamp. It's how they deal with you when you run into trouble that makes or breaks a company. Mars Hydro have proven themselves to be a great company that way.

The 80's seem to be rock solid my fellow grower

Hello,

I am thinking of buying Mars Pro II Epistar 80 in the next few weeks. On the internet page it says there is a discount from 299 to about 170 dollars. My question is, will this offer stand for some time or will it end soon?

Secondly, I've seen a lot of burnt led diodes on some of the older mars hydro products. Are mars pro II series any more stable than the older ones?

Thank you.

I have mine since may 2017, I had a power supply that broke because of too much humidity, but they send me a replacement for free.

32 days in bloom. :)

IMG_20180102_153732.jpg

I like your research but disagree with the conclusion about misleading. Back when I bought mine all the other's were lying about the wattage. Mars Hydro were the first to actually tell me what to expect from the lamps. Where they said 800 watt, others would claim 1800 watt or so for their counterparts.

I also come from hps and bad reflectors that most certainly didn't cover a 4x4 tent satisfyingly. So as always I bought more lights than needed in my rooms.

Guess i had realistic expectations. Yes, you can grow in a 4x4 with a 320. Did so many many times and it will work just fine. But it will work even better with more light.

Tried the 320 in a 2.5x2.5. That was a little bit too much overkill and we got some bad light bleaching. Ran out of headroom too. Perhaps it would be better in a 3x3? Don't own one of those.

Usually we recommend 320 for 4'x4' growing size, but if customers budget is allowed, we will recommend them to buy several small lights to cover plants evenly.

An 80 is a quarter of a 320. Same lamps, different size. I use 4 80's in a 4x4 now. That worked really well.

Growing result and customers' feedback are more important for us to recommend customers lights as coverage, it is more useful than data. The testing data is affected by environment.:thanks:

I think the new eco series is built more like you're requesting. Not 100% sure though.

Compared with reflector series, reflector series can dissipate heat more effectively. We sold some ECO lights, but have not got growing feedback from customers now.

Here’s my Stardawgs and Cheese #1 under Mars Hydro Epistar 160
b224de8c3d84fbd4321046d50588ef29.jpg
3619057db109c509f374f7fa10e41cd2.jpg

Check out the stacking on this Cheese #1
f34f1f8a44ef0947ada977f6d66f33e0.jpg

They are tall girls with many buds :thumb: :thanks:

My point is that it's our own fault as they just build them the way we want them to. I guess we have been too hung up in the compare to hps thing when in reality LED has the potential to crush hps. Instead of asking for a replacement we should ask for something better

We got some true feedback from growers who use leds to replace HPS, soem of them told us they did not harvest less through led compared with HPS. But led help them save much electricity billing, nutrients..so led is more efficient in the long run

Look at this madness :) i have 2 320's and 4 80's in main room now. The plants have taken over 80% of the room. Just wow. What a stretchy strain

05b1ac4426a8325fb5d965d614b8b212.jpg
7076eb2c22b629e99bcbccafe569809e.jpg

You still feed your ladies well even when you are sick :thumb:

Hello,

Thank you.

MarsII sries lights are more possibility to burn out, because it use lens, when lens outside of 420nm, leds may burn out, that is the main reason why we upgraded marsII series. ProII series without lens, it uses reflective cups to increase coverage, leds have longer lifespan.
ProII 160 is about USD316/pcs for USA customers. The price increase about 5% in 2018 due to increase of shipping fee and raw material.

Also leds produce denser flowers with more trichome production

:thanks: In this year, we are planing to find a grower which can grow under led and HPS and make video or write growing journal to compare them

Back
Top Bottom