Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Entheogenerator,

I have been in IT for 25 years, stuff happens. I have a Mar II 1600 and 2 of the fans were starting to make noise from bearing. I received the fans in 3 Business days and it took me maybe an hour to clean light and replace fans.This light runs 12 hours per day 365 days a year. I bought this light back in March of 2015. So far knock on wood I haven't had any issues with my lights (Mar II 1600, 2 Mars II 400 and Mars Pro II Cree256) . But Tent Temp never over 78 degrees and I clean them thoroughly after each grow. Fan Blades will get dust on them and they won't move as much air. Also I have 2 4 inch inlet filters now, so no dust can enter tent. Then exhaust with charcoal filter on my 4X4 tent. If you listen and visually inspect your lights and take care of your equipment it won't let you down when you need it. I know some people aren't handy, that is why they have repair center in states and over seas. I have spare lights while waiting on parts so I can fix myself. A lot of variables can happen in a grow space. High Heat, Humidity, over loaded circuits, bugs getting in light if you had a infestation. Not saying you had any of these issues but this can and will shorten the life of the light. They have always been gracious and willing to help, but Sara isn't an engineer that's why they ask for pictures so engineers can try and figure out what the problem might be. I understand the frustration but I have been on the other side for Customer Service.

I was a little surprised that they lost old sales database as that would never be acceptable in the US, but laws may be different in China.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction and am sorry you have had so many issues with the light.

Grow Frosty

Thanks,
Jetskigig

When you pay for a product, you shouldn't have to check the plugs, remote, lenses, fans, etc. every day to verify that they're working correctly. For as reliable as Mars (older) models are, you might as well build it yourself. You're almost guaranteed to have to open it for a repair. And I shouldn't have to buy meters to check the coverage claims. Also shouldn't have to take pictures of my purchase info because the company repeatedly loses theirs.

Sara is like 6 different people. Whoever answered my most recent post doesn't even seem to be aware of the situation and information already provided just days ago. Their main focus is marketing. The customer service is there, but I guarantee they haven't sent my picture to the engineers to figure it out. They don't care about figuring it out. They just wanna cut corners and profit off the bubbling indoor growing industry while their product is still relevant. I'm just done with their games. From their products to their contests, website, marketing platforms - it's all designed to use you.

No thanks lol. Don't ship a fan across the world that I can pick up locally. Just make your products reliable. Pay attention to your customers and their problems. Don't just jump to bury negative feedback and wash your hands of a problem. You should have been able to detect the problem from the picture in my first post, yet 5 pages of dialog and a week later and you put literally no effort toward diagnosis. You asked for the wattage, payment info, etc but still couldn't solve it. All you offered was a bullsh*t answer about vague material compositions, and a copy/paste PM to start the RMA process. This thread and your service are a joke. Your website is a lie and your products are cheap and unreliable to survive through the warranty period.

What do you mean by picking up locally? Will you pick up accessory at our repair center? We will send accessories through Canada repair center to you by UPS. You will receive them within 5 working days. Could you send me your shipping address?
We did not wash our hands of a problem or we do not set repair centers at different countries and hire electrician to help customers to repair lights.
Yes, you are right, our products are cheap but it deserves the price if you consider quality and after-sales service. If all of products can survive through the warranty period, what is the purpose of warranty period? The purpose of warranty is to help customers when the lights have any problem during warranty.

Entheogenerator,

I have been in IT for 25 years, stuff happens. I have a Mar II 1600 and 2 of the fans were starting to make noise from bearing. I received the fans in 3 Business days and it took me maybe an hour to clean light and replace fans.This light runs 12 hours per day 365 days a year. I bought this light back in March of 2015. So far knock on wood I haven't had any issues with my lights (Mar II 1600, 2 Mars II 400 and Mars Pro II Cree256) . But Tent Temp never over 78 degrees and I clean them thoroughly after each grow. Fan Blades will get dust on them and they won't move as much air. Also I have 2 4 inch inlet filters now, so no dust can enter tent. Then exhaust with charcoal filter on my 4X4 tent. If you listen and visually inspect your lights and take care of your equipment it won't let you down when you need it. I know some people aren't handy, that is why they have repair center in states and over seas. I have spare lights while waiting on parts so I can fix myself. A lot of variables can happen in a grow space. High Heat, Humidity, over loaded circuits, bugs getting in light if you had a infestation. Not saying you had any of these issues but this can and will shorten the life of the light. They have always been gracious and willing to help, but Sara isn't an engineer that's why they ask for pictures so engineers can try and figure out what the problem might be. I understand the frustration but I have been on the other side for Customer Service.

I was a little surprised that they lost old sales database as that would never be acceptable in the US, but laws may be different in China.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction and am sorry you have had so many issues with the light.

Grow Frosty

Thanks,
Jetskigig

Thank you Jetskigig, your post is very useful for Mars Hydro users to know how to care their lights:Heat, Humidity, over loaded circuits, bugs...wish our lights can help your plants grow happily.
Our company hires IT technicians to write code for us. But sales in our company are not professional in code. Each time, when the sales upgrade our website, the original data will be disorganized, so we lost many customers' payment records, I am very sorry about that,but we always ask customers to keep payment records after they buy products from us,s o that we can help them better when they need any after-sales service.

When you pay for a product, you shouldn't have to check the plugs, remote, lenses, fans, etc. every day to verify that they're working correctly. For as reliable as Mars (older) models are, you might as well build it yourself. You're almost guaranteed to have to open it for a repair. And I shouldn't have to buy meters to check the coverage claims. Also shouldn't have to take pictures of my purchase info because the company repeatedly loses theirs.

Sara is like 6 different people. Whoever answered my most recent post doesn't even seem to be aware of the situation and information already provided just days ago. Their main focus is marketing. The customer service is there, but I guarantee they haven't sent my picture to the engineers to figure it out. They don't care about figuring it out. They just wanna cut corners and profit off the bubbling indoor growing industry while their product is still relevant. I'm just done with their games. From their products to their contests, website, marketing platforms - it's all designed to use you.

I did not understand why you said I have not sent your picture to the engineers to figure it out, the following is picture. I filled this form as our company's rule and sent it to our engineer. I know you can not read Chinese, but you can say your name, payment records, light pictures there. And other necessary information in Chinese.
1169.png

I'm now on my 3rd grow with the so called "unreliable" older model Mars.. I got roughly 0.75gpw on my last harvest. Works just like it did when I got it. No complaints at all, reliable cheap light.

I'm now on my 3rd grow with the so called "unreliable" older model Mars.. I got roughly 0.75gpw on my last harvest. Works just like it did when I got it. No complaints at all, reliable cheap light.

:thanks: Wish Mars lights could help more growers harvest well. We are trying to lower our cost and upgrade technology to offer customers better products with more affordable price

I'm on my fourth grow with mine knock on wood lol and that's without ever opening them. I'll probably pop them open after this next grow to clean them out I was going to this grow but was lazy... That's with the older models too... I've ordered a new eco49 to try it out on a small plant in my small grow area...

There are a lot of those older mars lights still out there. .

We produce older lights for many years, the quality is not as good as our new series, but for many beginners and growers with small budgets, the old lights are good choice for them, so we keep producing older lights. :thanks:

I'm on my fourth grow with mine knock on wood lol and that's without ever opening them. I'll probably pop them open after this next grow to clean them out I was going to this grow but was lazy... That's with the older models too... I've ordered a new eco49 to try it out on a small plant in my small grow area...

We are expecting your growing pictures of older models and Eco49. Thanks for your support and trust :thanks:

I'm really interested in the eco series as well.. I've got 2x2x4 to work with, running hydro I expect to see heat become an issue when warmer days come around. I've looked into fusion boards as Quantum boards, they seem like great options but the startup after panels and drivers is out of my current price range and always out of stock. The eco series is really affordable on that point alone.

Once I get home tomorrow I'll post an update on my Mars grow. Epistar 160 over 8 plants in a 3x3. It's doing a great job for reasonably priced led.

I'm really interested in the eco series as well.. I've got 2x2x4 to work with, running hydro I expect to see heat become an issue when warmer days come around. I've looked into fusion boards as Quantum boards, they seem like great options but the startup after panels and drivers is out of my current price range and always out of stock. The eco series is really affordable on that point alone.

I'm going to be using a 32 gallon trash can so not a very large space at all lol... Not aiming for quantity just quality it's a small area... My big mistake last grow was using three plants in the trash can and not letting them root very well... One of them didn't do to well and started lagging so I decided to pull it a few days into 12/12 and it definitely hurt my yield... This grow I have a seed from some Girl Scout cookies I'm growing... Fingers crossed it's a female and if it is I'll throw it in the garbage can let it root a little and flower that baby under the mars eco and just focus on some nice top colas. If the GSC doesn't turn out female I have a couple random bag seeds going as well as well as some fem seeds in the mail.

Yeah just depends on budget is all.. If all you have is sub 100-150 range then the eco models are probably a good option to look at but if you have closer to 150-200 then I'd personally look into maybe a mars hydro pro II 80 or maybe a reflector 96... I'd definitely like to buy the 80's down the road myself I think they are pretty neat.

Both of my Marsll 1200's are still doing good so far and I would recommend them to any grower on a budget or if you are a new grower and need a good light that won't break the bank then Mars is great for beginners. They will definitely grow some nice quality bud. Thank you Sara and Mars Hydro for great customer service. ..️

:thanks: Eco49, core coverage is 1.7'x1.7', max coverage: 2.2'x2.2'. If the light is popular with customers, we may use it to replace Mars300. We are waiting more feedback from customers.

Once I get home tomorrow I'll post an update on my Mars grow. Epistar 160 over 8 plants in a 3x3. It's doing a great job for reasonably priced led.

:thanks: Your girls will bring you surprise and new year gift after you come back home

I'm going to be using a 32 gallon trash can so not a very large space at all lol... Not aiming for quantity just quality it's a small area... My big mistake last grow was using three plants in the trash can and not letting them root very well... One of them didn't do to well and started lagging so I decided to pull it a few days into 12/12 and it definitely hurt my yield... This grow I have a seed from some Girl Scout cookies I'm growing... Fingers crossed it's a female and if it is I'll throw it in the garbage can let it root a little and flower that baby under the mars eco and just focus on some nice top colas. If the GSC doesn't turn out female I have a couple random bag seeds going as well as well as some fem seeds in the mail.

You acquired much experience, you will be do a better job in your next growing circle. :thumb:

Yeah just depends on budget is all.. If all you have is sub 100-150 range then the eco models are probably a good option to look at but if you have closer to 150-200 then I'd personally look into maybe a mars hydro pro II 80 or maybe a reflector 96... I'd definitely like to buy the 80's down the road myself I think they are pretty neat.

Both MarsproII80 and reflector 96 have no glass outside of leds, the penetration is deeper. They use reflective cups to cover plants better. We have different series lights for different customers. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom