Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Agreed it's an important factor..but it's not the only factor...I've seen some great results from low wattage light's and some dire results from supposed high par/high wattage set ups

Light is the most important factor for plants, they only exist because of photosynthesis. No light, no plants, simple as that.
You'll always be able to grow crap in light, but you'll never grow anything in the dark ;)

Just because a good grower can grow nice nugs under CFL, doesn't mean it isn't shit light for plants, and that grower would do way better under proper lighting.
A beginner can grow crappy twigs under the meanest DIY COB build you can find, doesn't mean the light isn't good for plants, and that grower would do worse under inferior light.
The only way to get a proper scale to grade lights is to measure PPFD, and light efficiency is measured by looking at how many Watts it takes to get to the desired PPFD level.

Btw PAR isn't a unit for measuring it just means the lightwaves between 400nm and 700nm, and Watt measures how much energy is put in :geek:

Lights, Temps and Rh are job 1, nutrients should be considered last. Remember the biggest enemy of LED's is heat, deal with heat and efficiency and efficacy both climb.

I can't complain about my mars ll 900 at all. My first grow with her i pulled 11.2 oz.

IMG_20171216_180358511.jpg
Hey goof did you have a journal for that grow? Looks like a nice haul!!!

So the whole reason you need my payment records is because you believe I'm a liar? It's not to help solve the problem? They were indeed purchased at the same time. Do you need the date? It was September 10, 2016. What other information would you need from a screenshot of my order? It was paid with paypal.

Was your paypal account shut down since then? Where did the old order records go? That is not cool that you just "lost" my personal information.

When I knew one of your two lights burnt, I asked the factory for reason and help you, our factory thought it is not very reasonable, so they asked me to confirm if the two lights were bought at the same time. We have different stores: official website, ebay, distributors' online shop...some customers also buy second hand lights from other customer, so I can not find your payment records through date. As our company's rule, we must ask customers' payment records for further study and help, but you did not send your payment records to me.

It's not that easy. They lost the order information. How shady is it that they require the customer screenshot to verify a purchase? I could forge the screenshot to say anything. Anyway, their paypal account at the time must have been deactivated since then because the payment doesn't even show in paypal. All I have is the bank statement. It's stupid that I would have to prove myself in the first place. When will they prove themselves? I've given them hundreds of dollars.

mhpymnt.png

To be clear, from the beginning, I never asked for a warranty repair. Once this light burns out completely that's it. I just wanted to share the picture and get an explanation, but then the way Smokesara buried it along with any other negative feedback offends me. So now it's not really about the burnt out LED's, since they apparently can't explain that and won't take responsibility. It's about how they really don't actually care about the consumer, just the money. They don't even know what it takes to flower cannabis in CO2, or if they do they're not educating their customers or designing for it.

Mars Hydro is cheap, but is that supposed to forgive every disappointment? Should we not expect honesty? HID bulbs are pretty clear about their depreciation and burnout times. There's not many surprises. LED technology was supposed to be even more reliable. I'm not saying it's a big deal for a few chips to burn out, but it is a big deal that there's a long history of this pattern of cheap materials failing randomly for many MH customers specifically. I think that deserves a little public attention.

Also trying to do you guys a favor. PPFD does matter when the results you want are top-shelf nugs. I'm personally tired of trimming a 2x2 of dank, then a ton of mids and larf. I have my first harvests coming up under 700+ PPFD and I'm finally seeing top quality. You can do it with Mars panels, but you need to limit them to the direct footprint, which is a huge waste of energy when you add up the four lights you would need for a 4x4. Yet all their top models claim 4x4 coverage. It's a scam.

Thanks for your picture. Our factory would explain reason to you earlier if you sent me payment records earlier. I asked you to check draw power of the two lights yesterday. If the draw power of the two lights are very different,then the two lights leds have different high temperature resistance, so they may have different working condition: one burnt out, one is in good condition. You said the two lights draw power have no much difference, thank you.
All of leds chips were not produced at the same time and under the same environment, the composition of material is not completely same, so the lights may have difference.

How come my plants seem to grow two inches overnight? Its dark at night. Or is it? Does that light really go off when you close the refrigerator door? It takes two minutes to expose, unplug, and remove the led bank on one of these lights. Why cant mars offer complete or even upgraded led assemblies that match the rest of the components? I just bought two mars300 and two mars600 all are less than a year old. Purchased from amazon.com. If you want service buy from amazon you wont be stuck dealing with smokey types.

I actually hope whatever I buy from Amazon is broken or doesn't work cause they ship out a NEW item right away then I fix the broken or nonworking unit. I dont have to lie, produce documents or argue with anybody. Maybe a pic or two of the offending product.

The morel if the story
420-magazine-mobile651426779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile163005877.jpg

I have to pick these but the ginseng stays in the ground. You actually have to keep the location of large plots more secret than weed grows.

How come my plants seem to grow two inches overnight?.

At night plants are in a respiratory state where they still produce ATP and grow.
If you have darkness all the time, the seedling will die once it has used up it's internally stored energy.

Its dark at night. Or is it? Does that light really go off when you close the refrigerator door?

How can you be sure that you're not the only existing being, and everything around isn't just a product of your imagination ;)

Thanks for your picture. Our factory would explain reason to you earlier if you sent me payment records earlier. I asked you to check draw power of the two lights yesterday. If the draw power of the two lights are very different,then the two lights leds have different high temperature resistance, so they may have different working condition: one burnt out, one is in good condition. You said the two lights draw power have no much difference, thank you.
All of leds chips were not produced at the same time and under the same environment, the composition of material is not completely same, so the lights may have difference.

This is not a satisfactory answer. First off, what information did you need from the screenshot earlier that you could not have just asked for directly? If the date of sale was going to help you determine the production conditions, or if the payment method was going to help you track down the order details, why not just ask for that? Now that I've given you the screenshot, how is it helping you find an answer? Your answer did not change. You're blaming the "material composition" - is there something from my order information that helped you confirm that or are you just babbling? Admit that it was never to find a solution, just to see if you could wash your hands of the situation if it was out of warranty or bought through another party.

Well now it's confirmed, both units shipped new from your warehouse same time. So can you come up with a better story? If the wattage is the same, then what other differences could cause this? You cannot blame "material composition" in this case, because if that were true we would see an even amount of blues burnt out on both units. The fault is with the manufacturer, either from poor assembly on the one unit or intentionally lower quality components in that unit.

Can you describe specifically what "environmental" factors are lowering the "material composition" of your components? Isn't that exactly what BINs of LEDs are designed to filter out?

This is not a satisfactory answer. First off, what information did you need from the screenshot earlier that you could not have just asked for directly? If the date of sale was going to help you determine the production conditions, or if the payment method was going to help you track down the order details, why not just ask for that? Now that I've given you the screenshot, how is it helping you find an answer? Your answer did not change. You're blaming the "material composition" - is there something from my order information that helped you confirm that or are you just babbling? Admit that it was never to find a solution, just to see if you could wash your hands of the situation if it was out of warranty or bought through another party.

Well now it's confirmed, both units shipped new from your warehouse same time. So can you come up with a better story? If the wattage is the same, then what other differences could cause this? You cannot blame "material composition" in this case, because if that were true we would see an even amount of blues burnt out on both units. The fault is with the manufacturer, either from poor assembly on the one unit or intentionally lower quality components in that unit.

Can you describe specifically what "environmental" factors are lowering the "material composition" of your components? Isn't that exactly what BINs of LEDs are designed to filter out?

I would still be pulling the cover off to check for a short. That seems like the best step right now and most likely considering only one unit had only blues go out. To me that says that there is a fault in the electricity coming from your driver to the chips. Although this could be manufacturer error it could also be very easily explained as careless shipping to. Whose to say a box didn't fall off a pallet in transit or some new ups driver didn't just grab it off the belt and chuck it in his truck on the shelf from 2 feet away. It doesn't take much impact to loosen a weak solder.

Again man I really hope you fix it soon

I would still be pulling the cover off to check for a short. That seems like the best step right now and most likely considering only one unit had only blues go out. To me that says that there is a fault in the electricity coming from your driver to the chips. Although this could be manufacturer error it could also be very easily explained as careless shipping to. Whose to say a box didn’t fall off a pallet in transit or some new ups driver didn’t just grab it off the belt and chuck it in his truck on the shelf from 2 feet away. It doesn’t take much impact to loosen a weak solder.

Again man I really hope you fix it soon

Thanks. My plants will live and I'll grow on. It's not a big deal, but it's not the first time I've had issues with MH, or watched other people go through this process. Like most of you I joined 420Mag specifically to get support and follow other Mars Hydro growers. I did a lot of research before choosing the cheap option, and I knew they weren't as good as advertised. But now that I've done even more research, I think I should have just gone with HID until I could afford the better quality LED lights. LED is truly great when you can spread them out DIY or put it on a light mover. But a bunch of LEDs hanging static from the center is unfortunately no better than HPS. We know better now as growers, and MH should know better as a manufacturer. They've changed their website at least 3 times since 2015, each time erasing their order records and customer accounts. They've had so much feedback, income, and time to learn from. It's embarrassing that the same issues continue to come up years later.

Anyway, a shipping mishap could explain it. But if the soldering was knocked loose during shipping, why wouldn't I see the burnout immediately? Or sooner than 1 year later? I think there are 4 drivers in the Reflector192, how likely is it that all four would be knocked loose? And why would it be just half of the blues, instead of all the blues or all the chips connected to the driver?

Merry Christmas everybody

thought it was about time to stop by again.

My four mars panels still going strong. they are about 1,5 years old now. only six lenses have stopped working on a total of four panels. im happy with that - i must say. i bought tree of the 48x5 reflector series and 1 mars II 400 - one happy camper!

my current plants in bloom (day 10) two ayahuasca purple from barneys farm in a 2x3ft space with a draw of just about 400w from three panels.
blomst_dag_11.jpg

When I knew your light has problem, I PM you at once to help you repair light, I also asked you to send me payment records. Pls see the following picture.We need your purchasing records to help you better, this is our company's rule. My job is to help you repair light. I am not engineers of leds, so I can not explain very professional about products sometimes. My main job is to help you solve problem.
0.png

Back
Top Bottom