Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

With co2, proper intake and extraction of air into and out of the grow space will allow plants to perform to their genetic potential. Temps and RH play a huge role as well

:high-five:

I’m guessing a lot of lights can’t do it

Pretty disappointing when the industry is quickly pressuring out growers that can't push genetic potential. Take a look at this screenshot off the fancy new website:
ss_2017-12-15_at_07_40_02_.jpg

"Coverage: 4x4 and Max yield 1.6 gpw"

This is misleading at best. I won't say it's impossible to yield that much, but it's extremely unlikely, I would say less than 1% of growers yield that. They don't say the minimum, or the average yield. If you went by reports here, that statistic should say something like 0.7 gpw.

And the coverage... 380w centered in a 4x4? It's just not happening. If we're talking about growing with CO2, the footprint is really 2x2. But no where do they acknowledge that. You'd definitely need to be using CO2 for 1.6 gpw but then the footprint drops considerably; they're playing the best of both statistics.

If Smokesara wants to make a better website, that site should be providing accurate information. But they take it as an opportunity to stretch the truth for your dollar. It's gotten worse over time. I had to buy a meter and make my own graphs just to figure out the proper footprint for Reflector192 (hint: it doesn't even veg a 4x4 optimally)

ss_2017-12-15_at_09_01_19_.png

ss_2017-12-15_at_07_32_27_.png

M_R192B_PPFD.png

I got your answer, thanks. The lights are the same model, we used the same brand leds, but the leds may not be produced at the same environment or produced by completely same material.So one light has problem, another one has no problem.
This link is to show you how to replace leds, pls check if you would like to replace leds by yourself. Pls you can not, pls tell me, I will PM you repair center address to send light to our repair center:

Could you email me your address, name, payment records, I will ask RMA for you.

Never asked for an RMA. Came to voice my negative experience and ask for an explanation. Are you saying you build lights with different BINs of LEDs? And one light had a lower quality material and that's why it burnt out faster?
It's only the blue's, and over 15 of them on one panel. If it was a universal problem with the blues, why wouldn't I see that in the other panel too?

Never asked for an RMA. Came to voice my negative experience and ask for an explanation. Are you saying you build lights with different BINs of LEDs? And one light had a lower quality material and that's why it burnt out faster?
It's only the blue's, and over 15 of them on one panel. If it was a universal problem with the blues, why wouldn't I see that in the other panel too?

We used the same brand and the same bins of leds, but the leds are not produced under the same environment or time, so it caused the difference. Just as you grow two same strains at the same time, you may have different harvest.

We used the same brand and the same bins of leds, but the leds are not produced under the same environment or time, so it caused the difference. Just as you grow two same strains at the same time, you may have different harvest.

Man, that's a pretty vague cop-out. Specifically, what "environment" differences are you talking about?
Don't you vet your suppliers and ensure equal components? This has been an ongoing problem for your customers for many years. Some don't have any problems, many do. Do you have any way to track the unit's source components, like with a serial number? Would that narrow down the source of the problem and help eliminate an issue that should have been phased out years ago? How do I know what "environment" the replacement LED's were produced in?

This still doesn't make sense to me. More than half of the blues on one of my units are burnt out. Doesn't that seem significant? If I had a strain that produced 50% hermies, I would eliminate that strain.

Man, that's a pretty vague cop-out. Specifically, what "environment" differences are you talking about?
Don't you vet your suppliers and ensure equal components? This has been an ongoing problem for your customers for many years. Some don't have any problems, many do. Do you have any way to track the unit's source components, like with a serial number? Would that narrow down the source of the problem and help eliminate an issue that should have been phased out years ago? How do I know what "environment" the replacement LED's were produced in?

This still doesn't make sense to me. More than half of the blues on one of my units are burnt out. Doesn't that seem significant? If I had a strain that produced 50% hermies, I would eliminate that strain.

Could you show me your purchasing records of the two lights?

Pretty disappointing when the industry is quickly pressuring out growers that can't push genetic potential. Take a look at this screenshot off the fancy new website:
ss_2017-12-15_at_07_40_02_.jpg

"Coverage: 4x4 and Max yield 1.6 gpw"

This is misleading at best. I won't say it's impossible to yield that much, but it's extremely unlikely, I would say less than 1% of growers yield that. They don't say the minimum, or the average yield. If you went by reports here, that statistic should say something like 0.7 gpw.

And the coverage... 380w centered in a 4x4? It's just not happening. If we're talking about growing with CO2, the footprint is really 2x2. But no where do they acknowledge that. You'd definitely need to be using CO2 for 1.6 gpw but then the footprint drops considerably; they're playing the best of both statistics.

If Smokesara wants to make a better website, that site should be providing accurate information. But they take it as an opportunity to stretch the truth for your dollar. It's gotten worse over time. I had to buy a meter and make my own graphs just to figure out the proper footprint for Reflector192 (hint: it doesn't even veg a 4x4 optimally)

ss_2017-12-15_at_09_01_19_.png

ss_2017-12-15_at_07_32_27_.png

M_R192B_PPFD.png

Hey dude. Just for kicks I have 2 old school 300s and they definitely kick out more than 1g per watt.
Best of luck to your future endeavors

Order Number:

I am sorry I can not find your order information from your order No., could you send me payment records picture including lights information, shipping and payment information?

Hey dude. Just for kicks I have 2 old school 300s and they definitely kick out more than 1g per watt.
Best of luck to your future endeavors

300W is our old light, our better series lights can help you harvest more. On our website, we shows max yields, the yields is from customers. We know harvest affected by many factors.:thanks:

Seriously? Is that an error from upgrading the web system or something? Did you lose everyone's order information prior to a certain date or just mine?

We upgraded website, so I can not find previous order information. But we email to every customers to ask them to keep payment records for warranty before they receive the lights. So could you send me payment records picture including lights information, shipping and payment information? Then our factory can help you better about why the two light, one has problem.

300W is our old light, our better series lights can help you harvest more. On our website, we shows max yields, the yields is from customers. We know harvest affected by many factors.:thanks:

Absolutely I am fully aware that the new lights are better. I was just giving an example that if I can pull more than 1g per watt off the old light then 1.6 on the new lights is absolutely in the realm of possibilities.

I think this current situation would absolutely be better handled in a private message. And yes I do understand your frustration with having burnt out diodes. Having them be all blues that burned out makes me wonder if they are burned out or a piece of solder became disconnected. It really may be a simple fix. Please try Sara's method she may have you back up and running in less than an hour buddy.
Hang in there man we are all rooting for you and we all are disappointed that your grow is suffering.

But please understand that Sara is a sales rep and not someone in manufacturing or someone that fully understands the inner working components of her lights. She understands how to talk to customers and make sales. That's her job. Please try her steps and understand she is just a middle man and someone's failure always falls on her and may affect how she handles her job when really she seems to be an all star at her job duties within her company.

Manufacturing dropped the ball here and it is definitely an unfortunate mishap but things happen. Something may have been banged in shipping and could account for a series of diodes on the same run burning out.
Best of luck to you dude seriously I'm hoping it gets worked out for you in no time entheogenerator

I think this current situation would absolutely be better handled in a private message. And yes I do understand your frustration with having burnt out diodes. Having them be all blues that burned out makes me wonder if they are burned out or a piece of solder became disconnected. It really may be a simple fix. Please try Sara’s method she may have you back up and running in less than an hour buddy.
Hang in there man we are all rooting for you and we all are disappointed that your grow is suffering.

But please understand that Sara is a sales rep and not someone in manufacturing or someone that fully understands the inner working components of her lights. She understands how to talk to customers and make sales. That’s her job. Please try her steps and understand she is just a middle man and someone’s failure always falls on her and may affect how she handles her job when really she seems to be an all star at her job duties within her company.

Manufacturing dropped the ball here and it is definitely an unfortunate mishap but things happen. Something may have been banged in shipping and could account for a series of diodes on the same run burning out.
Best of luck to you dude seriously I’m hoping it gets worked out for you in no time entheogenerator

And good luck to you buddy. This is a discussion thread not a sales thread so I'll apply all the critical thinking I want to the discussion at hand. Thank you for providing your 1 gpw feedback. You are somewhat above average and we agree 1.6 is possible. Do you also want to comment on Mars Hydro's footprint claims or whether or not your 1 gpw was with CO2, and what the footprint and PPFD were on that harvest?

And good luck to you buddy. This is a discussion thread not a sales thread so I'll apply all the critical thinking I want to the discussion at hand. Thank you for providing your 1 gpw feedback. You are somewhat above average and we agree 1.6 is possible. Do you also want to comment on Mars Hydro's footprint claims or whether or not your 1 gpw was with CO2, and what the footprint and PPFD were on that harvest?

Well I don't have a meter. It was without co2. Foot print they are in would be 2x4. In not trying to create hostility friend. Was just stating that I can pull 1gpw on the old lights. So the new lights are capable. Again not everyone is going to do that and we all acknowledge that fact.
However at the price point mars is at their gpw rating stands right along other lights at double the price point.
So with that said I'm happy with my purchases from mars is all.

I think this current situation would absolutely be better handled in a private message. And yes I do understand your frustration with having burnt out diodes. Having them be all blues that burned out makes me wonder if they are burned out or a piece of solder became disconnected. It really may be a simple fix. Please try Sara’s method she may have you back up and running in less than an hour buddy.

But please understand that Sara is a sales rep and not someone in manufacturing or someone that fully understands the inner working components of her lights. She understands how to talk to customers and make sales. That’s her job. Please try her steps and understand she is just a middle man and someone’s failure always falls on her and may affect how she handles her job when really she seems to be an all star at her job duties within her company.

Best of luck to you dude seriously I’m hoping it gets worked out for you in no time entheogenerator

Thank you Rooster. When I saw Entheogenerator's post about light burned out, I PM him quickly to help him to repair light.

I admit small parts of our lights may burn out, it is a fact, but we are positive to deal with after-sales problem, that's why we set repair centers in different countries to help customers. My main job is helping customers solve problem. The customer asked the detailed reason why the two same lights used at the same time, one has problem and another one has no problem, I am sorry I can not explain it very clearly. Firstly, I need customer offers me purchasing records to show the two lights were bought at the same time, then our factory can do further study, but I feel sad I did not receive his payment records for the two lights until now.

Back
Top Bottom