Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

One topic of importance I dont see here is gnats. You will see flypaper in my pics, all of them. I WILL have gnats I live in the wilderness so I keep the flypaper all the time, do not wait till they swarm, one day you will see nothing the next day there will be thousands. Lower room temps seem to help as well as placing the flypaper up in the heat zone of the lights they like it there. I also use small sticky traps around the edge of the buckets and this is the best part. The government dropped asian ladybugs in the forest to combat insect infestation. I found a few of them making my big bushy girl their winter home along with a few native ones. I love nature.

Try everything, dont be afraid to fail, and most importantly, keep something under a mars light at all times.
420-magazine-mobile1747366002.jpg

:thanks: :circle-of-love:

Seeds are not cheap, thanks to 420 mag and mars led lights, almost 8 months into growing indoors I have always had something growing under a mars light, learned a massive amount about growing, and have only used 4 seeds. I am trying to stretch that into an entire year.
420-magazine-mobile1733803153.jpg

Happy growing/learning/enjoying!!!

I like the blue sky and beautiful flowers, it brings me good mood.:thanks:

Lots to learn, let me save yall some heartache. I use a double tether on my lights anytime I am working around or with them, they are ALWAYS attached to the hanger. They are also very securely attached and I inspect this regularly. It wasn't a mars it was a four foot fixture I was using for supplemental lighting. A simple brush against it and down it came. Two of my four girls were split down the middle. MEDIC!!!! Wet a paper towel wrap it around the break and tape it up. I saved them. It was ugly.

Your plants suffered a lot, but now it looks great :thumb:

Lights roughly $300
Seeds $40
Miscellaneous $150
420-magazine-mobile1334445702.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1496879175.jpg

Old pics I have more now. Much more.

You bought 4pcsof seeds: USD40 ?

I keep tellin people get something under a mars light. Every penny I have spent so far has paid me back way more.

:thanks: If we invest in a good light, we will get what we pay.

The large cooler full of water with the fan blowing over it is my high tech redneck humidity maker. My girl aint gonna suffer dry winter skin. Treat em right they let you play.

:high-five:

The suggested distance for your lights is just that, a suggestion. I have found I can sort of control the growth by varying the distance, closer to thicken em up the further away to get em to stretch out. Ph is basic grow knowlege if you study it, I have fun controlling that with the fungicides and nutes in my mix and use only a tiny amount of up/down sometimes none. I am gonna have to upgrade my lights soon so I’m gonna disassemble one of my mars300 and figure out how to make them run cooler and remove heat more effectively.

:thumb:300W is old light, if you upgrade to a better light, I think your plants can grow better.

As for a question you asked here, why you grow only one plant? Here ya go, lets see what I can do with these. They were taken off my big bushy girl when she was little. They are the same age. I put them in only pure coco I haven't tried that method yet. Is it my utmost control over my grow? Is it the lights? Hmmm
420-magazine-mobile151798040.jpg
420-magazine-mobile969098491.jpg

:cheer::circle-of-love: You control your grow well

420-magazine-mobile1802166641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile376207133.jpg
the next victim for my mars 300’s

The current victims at day 34
420-magazine-mobile866310281.jpg

Happy growing growers

Much love Sara <3

Wow, your girls are very beautiful.
Do you grow with led and HPS?

One topic of importance I dont see here is gnats. You will see flypaper in my pics, all of them. I WILL have gnats I live in the wilderness so I keep the flypaper all the time, do not wait till they swarm, one day you will see nothing the next day there will be thousands. Lower room temps seem to help as well as placing the flypaper up in the heat zone of the lights they like it there. I also use small sticky traps around the edge of the buckets and this is the best part. The government dropped asian ladybugs in the forest to combat insect infestation. I found a few of them making my big bushy girl their winter home along with a few native ones. I love nature.

Hey brother. I live in an old house and in the wilderness. I was plagued with gnat problems. I solved this by giving my plants a soil drench of azamax once every 2-3 weeks.
Kill the larvae and kill the problem brother!

Highly recommended as the health of the plants will drastically improve.
I don't use a lot either I did on initial applications but now I just use a 1/3 of the recommended dosage for maintenance. Gnat free 9 months. Fought them for a year :p

Back
Top Bottom