Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

That's exactly what my local grow store said about the hps more dense buds.... but I've got some pretty dense colas last time. And like your said the stickiness and crystal is much nicer with the led.
420-magazine-mobile336865176.jpg

They all get about 10 weeks in veg, staring in a cup, going to a 1g smart pot and ending in a 7g smart pot. This is the first run with the CK. So far I would say it is average for my girls. We will see how she bulks up. She got her last CAT drench on Sunday so she should start swelling up soon. I would say she will be 3-3.5 oz judging by what has done before. She is from a seed and they never perform quite as well as my clones. I take them at 15 days into flower and you get bushes like that c-99. If the CK doesn't come out as well as I like, I have a Royal Cookies seed that I can pop and try. :) I will let you know in another 4 weeks or so what I think of the CK. :circle-of-love::peace:

Awesome dude! Keep me posted because I was stoked for the cookies kush and then devastated when I tried 3 times and both clones plus the seedling sucked.

Everything I've had royal has been solid too. I think the royal seeds line is very under rated because they have very solid genetics from absolutely everything I've seen.

But yeah man I wouldn't change a thing. The blurple pictures of them all in the tent was definitely an optical illusion haha I took one look and I was like no was is he pulling 5 zips out of that 3x3 as packed as it was. But damn those are bushes brother. Good work man I love seeing people dialed and I would definitely say your dialed!

Hey Sara just out of curiosity I've been reading a lot about the new tech coming (which I always have done lol I requested the cob light from you guys on gcity like 2 years ago lol)
But I'm curious now because I have come across the quantum board. They swear it will impact the cob market pretty drastically and pretty cheap to manufacture. Have you guys had any looks in the quantum board style of leds? If not I would absolutely suggest it from someone who keeps up with the tech pretty well. I think you guys could be first to market a reasonably priced version. Most of what I'm seeing now is around the 600-700$ price point. You can build them for 3 something.

Give the people what they want! Lol

Much love girl!

Awesome dude! Keep me posted because I was stoked for the cookies kush and then devastated when I tried 3 times and both clones plus the seedling sucked.

Everything I’ve had royal has been solid too. I think the royal seeds line is very under rated because they have very solid genetics from absolutely everything I’ve seen.

But yeah man I wouldn’t change a thing. The blurple pictures of them all in the tent was definitely an optical illusion haha I took one look and I was like no was is he pulling 5 zips out of that 3x3 as packed as it was. But damn those are bushes brother. Good work man I love seeing people dialed and I would definitely say your dialed!

:thanks::Namaste: I learned it all here on 420. I have been posting on and off in this thread for over 3 years. Sara has always been great here!!!:circle-of-love::peace:

Hey Sara just out of curiosity I've been reading a lot about the new tech coming (which I always have done lol I requested the cob light from you guys on gcity like 2 years ago lol)
But I'm curious now because I have come across the quantum board. They swear it will impact the cob market pretty drastically and pretty cheap to manufacture. Have you guys had any looks in the quantum board style of leds? If not I would absolutely suggest it from someone who keeps up with the tech pretty well. I think you guys could be first to market a reasonably priced version. Most of what I'm seeing now is around the 600-700$ price point. You can build them for 3 something.

Much love girl!
I agree. It's very interesting. They're based on the Samsung LM561C diode. With a performance of approximately 200 lumens per watt they are incredibly efficient. And the design is very close to what Mars is already doing with like 300 leds in a lamp.

I think I saw a journal growing with these the other day

Hey Sara just out of curiosity I’ve been reading a lot about the new tech coming (which I always have done lol I requested the cob light from you guys on gcity like 2 years ago lol)
But I’m curious now because I have come across the quantum board. They swear it will impact the cob market pretty drastically and pretty cheap to manufacture. Have you guys had any looks in the quantum board style of leds? If not I would absolutely suggest it from someone who keeps up with the tech pretty well. I think you guys could be first to market a reasonably priced version. Most of what I’m seeing now is around the 600-700$ price point. You can build them for 3 something.

Much love girl!

The LED game is running wild at the moment and chips like the cxb3590 is already outdated and higer performance chips can be bought for less money.
Quantum Boards, Sun/Wavy Boards, Strips or what ever you call it, is where the tech is peaking right now.

If Mars wants to compete with easy to assemble DIY solutions they'd probably need to make their own board and get the lamp design right with passive cooling, Meanwell drivers, power adjustment knobs, and it has to be cheap and hit the market like right about now ;)

I agree. It's very interesting. They're based on the Samsung LM561C diode. With a performance of approximately 200 lumens per watt they are incredibly efficient. And the design is very close to what Mars is already doing with like 300 leds in a lamp.

I think I saw a journal growing with these the other day

Don't worry about lumen that only measures light visible to the human eye, but the PPFD of these boards is amazing and all the DIY guru's love them, that's why I chose them ;)

That's exactly what my local grow store said about the hps more dense buds.... but I've got some pretty dense colas last time. And like your said the stickiness and crystal is much nicer with the led.
No I'm saying the led is far denser and stickier imo. The HPS atuff has good outer trics but the inner contents of the buds are like hollow. And I've noticed it on all their strains. I'm not sure if it's a heat thing from the HID lighting but I have yet to be impressed at all....

By the way beautiful nug there

Again all about the strain:) These were grown under Reflector 144x5's, usually smoke ganja mixed 50/50 with import hash, with this gear I didn't need to ;)

DSC0207110.jpg

DSC020733331.jpg

DSC018188.jpg

DSC01818_1.jpg

DSC0194811.jpg

DSC019049.jpg

:passitleft:

Congratulation:goodjob:
How about your new grow plan?

I just post pics here occasionally so people can see what is a realistic expectation from these lights. I have been very happy with my Mars lights for years. They just keep improving heir products. Now I just need to see about upgrading the 2x2 veg tent with a couple of cobs. :circle-of-love::peace:

We upgrade products as users' feedback, so your suggestion are very important for us to product good products. :circle-of-love:

I can say this. I'm smoking 2 differnt strains right now. One grown under a quantum Board and one grown under a HPS. The dispensary bud (HPS) is bland, powdery upon drying out and is listed at a 16% tested strain. The other is from a my neighbor friend and 420 member. The smell is amazingly intense. Even when I left the lid off the container and it dried I still eneded up with more bud trics and resin on my fingers than I could believe. The shop pot is OKAY. And the led grown is better in every way besides structure. And my buddy DOSENT really trim because he only uses capsules.

420-magazine-mobile1951217351.jpg

I notice a more bulb like structure from the HPS bud but other than appearance I can't find anything better about it. It has bag appeal but takes twice as much to do the same job.

Led will become main stream step by step.
We are visiting America stores in Las Vegas, many stores still don't like to sell led, they prefer to sell HPS.
Is there any hydroponic stores around your home?

Some stores like to sell HPS, because HPS has short lifespan, led has long lifespan, they want their customers to buy HPS then come back soon to buy new HPS. Do you think so?

Everything I've had royal has been solid too. I think the royal seeds line is very under rated because they have very solid genetics from absolutely everything I've seen.

But yeah man I wouldn't change a thing. The blurple pictures of them all in the tent was definitely an optical illusion haha I took one look and I was like no was is he pulling 5 zips out of that 3x3 as packed as it was. But damn those are bushes brother. Good work man I love seeing people dialed and I would definitely say your dialed!

:thanks: Thanks for sharing your experience with us :volcano-smiley:

Much love girl!

:thanks: I will give suggestion about quantum board to our factory.
Our COB price mainly determined by chips brand

Back
Top Bottom