Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi Jimdog,your plants got light burn?:Namaste:I'm sorry to hear that.Your Reflector also with more blue spectrum than red sepectrum?I will consult with our engineer.Please do not worry,we will figure it out.:high-five:
I feel this with my reflector as well. It works great but the amount of burn my plants get is insane, also my buds are ending up fluffy as well

Jimdogggy

I'm sorry to hear that your last account"Sanjun" was blocked by the 420admin.:Namaste:
May i know what happened to your plants?Do you have pictures of the plants? You mean your plants got light burn or other problem?:Namaste:May i also know your ph level and the RH?
The Reflector192 draw power is around 410w,the Mars II 400 draw power is around 177w,you used them in a 120x90x180cm tent,so it's about 49w/sq.:high-five:As long as your exhaust system works well,the temperature under control,it will not be a big problem.Your temperature is around 26C,haning distance is 90cm,this will not be a big problem.:Namaste:
The Reflector series and the Mars II series red&blue spectrum ratio is the same,would you please send me the pics of your Reflector192?

The first plants all went hermaphrodite. And they were female clones! The second grow, now, the leaves got extreemly burnt, buds have no density as they usually do (strain ive been growing for 3 years) So yes, light burn and I think there is so much blue spectrum it overrides the reds for bloom so the buds are airy and fluffy. I hand water coco with ph of 5.8. RH is around 55% to 65%.
I will set them up side by side and get a picture of the spectrum difference. wont be until tomorrow though.

If your plants got light-burn,you can raise up the lights higher.:Namaste:Is there any male plants near your growing area?Did you do any change in your growing tent when the plants gonna move to flowering-stage?
I will also consult with our engineer about the spectrum difference.
It's no problem,you can share your pics with us at anytime when you are available.:high-five:And please also send me the picture of your plants.:high-five:
The first plants all went hermaphrodite. And they were female clones! The second grow, now, the leaves got extreemly burnt, buds have no density as they usually do (strain ive been growing for 3 years) So yes, light burn and I think there is so much blue spectrum it overrides the reds for bloom so the buds are airy and fluffy. I hand water coco with ph of 5.8. RH is around 55% to 65%.
I will set them up side by side and get a picture of the spectrum difference. wont be until tomorrow though.

If your plants got light-burn,you can raise up the lights higher.:Namaste:Is there any male plants near your growing area?Did you do any change in your growing tent when the plants gonna move to flowering-stage?
I will also consult with our engineer about the spectrum difference.
It's no problem,you can share your pics with us at anytime when you are available.:high-five:And please also send me the picture of your plants.:high-five:

the light is at 90cm above canopy and cannot be moved higher. recommendation is 60cm to 75cm, so Im way over that.
No males. All female clones. We only grow female clones. Never had problem with 2 x mars 2 400w.
No change, the only change was the new reflector 192. Once we set that up, there nothing but problems.

Who else has a Reflector 192 x 5w? Do you think there is too much blue spectrum? Are your flowers fluffy and not dense and taking too long to finish?
Am growing OO Seeds Caramel Kush Clones. Mother is only 6 months old and has not had and problems since getting the 192. Caramel kush is ment to finish in 45 days! im on day 92 and there are no signs of finishing soon :-/

Now you are using Reflector192 with Mars II 400 together in your 4'x3' tent? Did you install the Reflector192 in your tent when the plants gonna flowering or at pre-flower stage?
the light is at 90cm above canopy and cannot be moved higher. recommendation is 60cm to 75cm, so Im way over that.
No males. All female clones. We only grow female clones. Never had problem with 2 x mars 2 400w.
No change, the only change was the new reflector 192. Once we set that up, there nothing but problems.

Now you are using Reflector144 with Mars II 400 together in your 4'x3' tent? Did you install the Reflector144 in your tent when the plants gonna flowering or at pre-flower stage?

No. SmokeSara, please read...

I have a Reflector 192. not 144.

The first grow had the 192 with the mars 2 400w in the 4x3 tent. Plants went Hermaphrodite.

2nd grow. Only used 192 for flower. They were vegged under Mars 2 400w

Yeah,it's a Reflector192,i type too fast...:Namaste:
The Reflector and Mars II blue&red spectrum ratio are same,their difference :
1 The design is different:Mars II uses glass cover ,which will reduce some light. However, Reflector uses reflection board ,which will reflect maximum light back to the plants compared to MarsII
2 Intensity is different: The gap is wider on Reflector than MarsII. So Reflector will cover more area but MarsII will have stronger intensity on average area.
3 Coverage is different.
We also have customers are using Reflector with Mars II lights,they didn't have this kind of problem.I will consult with them.:Namaste:
I read some grow journal before,it says that some plants will change to male if you change the light at pre-flower stage,but only few of this will happen....:Namaste:
Also grower can successfully grow buds in the blue light spectrum for the whole grow, and many growers do this with excellent results. Some growers even claim they like their quality better under blue lights.:Namaste:
I will consult with more growers who are using Reflector192.
No. SmokeSara, please read...

I have a Reflector 192. not 144.

The first grow had the 192 with the mars 2 400w in the 4x3 tent. Plants went Hermaphrodite.

2nd grow. Only used 192 for flower. They were vegged under Mars 2 400w

There are many growers use our Reflector series,such as old school 64 ,MagicJim,are using both Mars II and Reflector lights ,you can also check his grow journal.:high-five:
ok. please let me know what other 192 users say. because i dont like whats happening at all :( no medication for the christmas period at all now :(

Hi Jimdog,your plants got light burn?:Namaste:I'm sorry to hear that.Your Reflector also with more blue spectrum than red sepectrum?I will consult with our engineer.Please do not worry,we will figure it out.:high-five:
Honestly I feel the spectrum may be fine? When the veg is on its quite a purple looking light (to my eyes anyway)
When I turn bloom on I can see the red (and yellows) alot more then just on veg.
I think for cupboard growing (what mines used for) reflectors are a bad Idea, my feel growing with one is that maybe the light is to intense for the smaller space of a cupboard? Not to much light but the intensity of the light is to much? (sounds odd I know)
For example growing in the sun I can get perfect plants, the nodes space well in veg and bud up nicely. My experience with the reflector is that my node spaces are super super tight, yet the bud ends up fluffy. it's so hard to train a plant because it grows so close together. My theory is that the light is so intense the plant doesn't need to stretch for it? (I have a reflector 48 it sits over 60cm from one plant at all times even more when in veg)

Jimdogggy

We use 440nm blue,it looks like purple because of the light mix.:high-five:
May i know what is the hanging distance you were using for the flurry bud growing?And did you use fan in your growing room?
Usually Mars II light will have stronger MarsII intensity on average area compare to Reflector series.:Namaste:I will read more aticles about how the light affect the buds dense:high-five:
Honestly I feel the spectrum may be fine? When the veg is on its quite a purple looking light (to my eyes anyway)
When I turn bloom on I can see the red (and yellows) alot more then just on veg.
I think for cupboard growing (what mines used for) reflectors are a bad Idea, my feel growing with one is that maybe the light is to intense for the smaller space of a cupboard? Not to much light but the intensity of the light is to much? (sounds odd I know)
For example growing in the sun I can get perfect plants, the nodes space well in veg and bud up nicely. My experience with the reflector is that my node spaces are super super tight, yet the bud ends up fluffy. it's so hard to train a plant because it grows so close together. My theory is that the light is so intense the plant doesn't need to stretch for it? (I have a reflector 48 it sits over 60cm from one plant at all times even more when in veg)

Jimdogggy

We use 440nm blue,it looks like purple because of the light mix.:high-five:
May i know what is the hanging distance you were using for the flurry bud growing?And did you use fan in your growing room?
Usually Mars II light will have stronger MarsII intensity on average area compare to Reflector series.:Namaste:I will read more aticles about how the light affect the buds dense:high-five:
The fluffy buds hanging distance was around 30mm during flower

Jimdogggy

Well to update as promised, the conclusion is Mars promised me they would fix faulty lights 100% if I had local electrician change lots of LEDS as they insisted they do not want to ship to fix as they are not good at this. I had light fixed and sent in the bill which was 100.00 cdn and they offered 39.00 usd (50.00 cdn) i negotiated to 50.00 usd. Lights are less than a year old. Final result, you can run tents without backups so I ordered Boss lights and WOW huge difference in Quality and cost. Result ...BYE BYE Mars Hello Boss ( speaking for Canada only )

Hi Bladedoctor,i confirmed with my colleague,you bought a Mars 300 which you bought Dec 2015,my colleague replied you email that we can repair for you,you just need to send your light to our repair center,and we will cover the charge for repair fee and send it back to you.But you refused to cover the charge to send it to our repair center,you asked my colleague send the replacement parts to you instead.:high-five:
As you mentioned that the electrician guy which you found never changed leds before,so my colleague sent you the vidoe to show you how to change.But you said he also need to be paied while he was learning.
We are trying our best to help,but we must follow our warranty policy strictly.My colleague paid you $50USD from her own pocket,my colleague are really trying her best to help you.We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Well to update as promised, the conclusion is Mars promised me they would fix faulty lights 100% if I had local electrician change lots of LEDS as they insisted they do not want to ship to fix as they are not good at this. I had light fixed and sent in the bill which was 100.00 cdn and they offered 39.00 usd (50.00 cdn) i negotiated to 50.00 usd. Lights are less than a year old. Final result, you can run tents without backups so I ordered Boss lights and WOW huge difference in Quality and cost. Result ...BYE BYE Mars Hello Boss ( speaking for Canada only )

Back
Top Bottom