Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

Go girl!!! That extra light is getting to her from your little trim-a-rooni
Lol - well, she certainly doesn't seem to have suffered from it!

She's just exploded with growth! Great job, just wowza on the size of her!!
Thanks, and I really dont think Mephisto touted her as being an “XL” auto! maybe they should have added a caveat that with the right light she could be!

She's a real beauty BabyGirl!

But please do a critter check. Better safe than sorry!
Yeah, it’s all fun and games until you develop an itch aye GDB?!

And J Bird she is a beauty! A real beauty!

Yeah, it’s all fun and games until you develop an itch aye GDB?!

And J Bird she is a beauty! A real beauty!
Thanks T - but I’m not doing anything other than giving her nutes water between res changes - its the light … I swear by @Mars Hydro !

Thanks T - but I’m not doing anything other than giving her nutes water between res changes - its the light … I swear by @Mars Hydro !
Defs. I have a Mars Hydro light and it hasn’t missed a beat :)

Defs. I have a Mars Hydro light and it hasn’t missed a beat :)
My daughter asked me what a good light was for four tomato plants she wants to grow in her 5’x2’ closet in her apartment - I told her i thought she would be VERY happy with the @Mars Hydro SP3000 - pefect size, plenty of coverage, full spectrum, dimmable, etc. Thank god I talked to her before she wasted money on some god-awful blurple!

My daughter asked me what a good light was for four tomato plants she wants to grow in her 5’x2’ closet in her apartment - I told her i thought she would be VERY happy with the @Mars Hydro SP3000 - pefect size, plenty of coverage, full spectrum, dimmable, etc. Thank god I talked to her before she wasted money on some god-awful blurple!
Those blurple lights give me anxiety. Not even joking.

Those blurple lights give me anxiety. Not even joking.
Omg - me too! I cant believe I was even able to pull off a grow under one - especially seeing what my AWESOME FC3000 is doing!

Ok - I’m starting to think my auto is a mutant. I just measured her … She was only supposed to be 25.5” tall max and 19.7” wide max.
Instead, she’s currently at 27” tall and 46” wide!

o_O

And I THINK I’ve finally found the sweet spot for inline fan speed, itty bitty heater, and correct thermostat settings. 75 degrees and 45% humidity … right in range for the VPD!

Awesome size. Where did you come by information that said she was only supposed to be 25.5 inches max tall and 19.5 inches max wide? I've never once seen that type of info anywhere, it would be great to have every time at least for reference point. That's. like, SUPER specific. And if she is a mutant, she's the right kind of mutant!!!!

And yeah, 75/45 is supreme.

Awesome size. Where did you come by information that said she was only supposed to be 25.5 inches max tall and 19.5 inches max wide? I've never once seen that type of info anywhere, it would be great to have every time at least for reference point. That's. like, SUPER specific. And if she is a mutant, she's the right kind of mutant!!!!

And yeah, 75/45 is supreme.
It was on the Mephisto website; they usually provide really good info on their strains :)

The temp and humidity drifted a bit more overnight - now at 80/35 … going to try to bring the temp down a touch and the humidity back up a bit … but its getting there!

2022-01-05 - Day 60

So I gave her a res change this morning, and a good thing I did too! When I moved her from the current res to the new one, there was only like 2” of water in the bottom! The marker on the side of the bucket showed lots more than that … I had no idea that her now massive root mass would raise the water level that much! I think my girl is going to need to get a full gallon added it her every 24-36 hours so THAT doesn't happen again!

Here are her glamor shots from this morning; cant really get a good overhead picture because of her height (unless I stand on a chair to do it - which would give hubby a heart attack because I’m the clumsiest person on the planet). Anyway, she’s finally developing those pretty little puffballs at the tops which a point I’ve been DYING to get to!

2022-01-05 - Day 60

So I gave her a res change this morning, and a good thing I did too! When I moved her from the current res to the new one, there was only like 2” of water in the bottom! The marker on the side of the bucket showed lots more than that … I had no idea that her now massive root mass would raise the water level that much! I think my girl is going to need to get a full gallon added it her every 24-36 hours so THAT doesn't happen again!

Here are her glamor shots from this morning; cant really get a good overhead picture because of her height (unless I stand on a chair to do it - which would give hubby a heart attack because I’m the clumsiest person on the planet). Anyway, she’s finally developing those pretty little puffballs at the tops which a point I’ve been DYING to get to!

Good morning @cjsbabygirl313 garden looks awesome.
Just wondering do you use potassium silicate.
You have an absolute ton of small branches.
They are going to have trouble holding up the big buds your going to have.
Great work. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @cjsbabygirl313 garden looks awesome.
Just wondering do you use potassium silicate.
You have an absolute ton of small branches.
They are going to have trouble holding up the big buds your going to have.
Great work. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Potassium silicate?? Whats that?? And thank you - but I’m not doing anything other than giving her @FelipeBlu ’s mix and letting her soak up her Martian rays!

Potassium silicate?? Whats that?? And thank you - but I’m not doing anything other than giving her @FelipeBlu ’s mix and letting her soak up her Martian rays!
It stiffens up all the cells in her making her more sturdy.
And resistant to temp fluctuations and helps all around general health.
.5 ml / l once a week is all you need.
There are several brands this is what I use.
I recommend you order some.
Everyone should use it.

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20211130-133324_Chrome.jpg

There’s also Mono Silicic Acid (MSA) - which is immediately available to plants (the silicate in potassium silicate can take 2 weeks to be converted to MSA and become available). It also doesn’t contain potassium - which can throw off your NPK ratio - and is neutral pH - most potassium silicate products are very alkaline (high pH). The only downsides are that it isn’t available everywhere and it’s kinda expensive. I think @InTheShed uses MSA and might be able to provide a specific recommendation.

There’s also Mono Silicic Acid (MSA) - which is immediately available to plants (the silicate in potassium silicate can take 2 weeks to be converted to MSA and become available). It also doesn’t contain potassium - which can throw off your NPK ratio - and is neutral pH - most potassium silicate products are very alkaline (high pH). The only downsides are that it isn’t available everywhere and it’s kinda expensive. I think @InTheShed uses MSA and might be able to provide a specific recommendation.
I use Grow Genius 40% MSA. It's significantly better than the big bottled products. You just have to be careful with it. I use 2 drops per gallon, only in veg, and only with the clean water feeding between nute feeds as it is intended to be used alone. Funny, 2 drops will create foam on top of a gallon upon shaking. Actually, when I got this I learned that a drop is an actual unit of measure. It was necessary info for this stuff cuz nobody has a spoon small enough to measure it, lol. But yes, I have found the best thing about it is two things,
- it stiffens and strengthens cellular material particularly in the stems making them way strong - if you overdo it you'll have stems you can't train, lol
- even better, its' benefits are available to the plant immediately and it facilitates much better nutrient transfer from root to leaf

Not sure if this is the same product Shed uses, but it's likely very close. For what it's worth.

Still catching up with what I've missed so thanks for the tag Mr. December's MOTM!

I use Dutch Pro Silica MSA which doesn't have any effect on pH or create any clumping of nutes in the water. It's on Amazon so easy to get, though not cheap. On the plus side it doesn't take much (more than the drops Jon uses though!). For veg I mix at 5ml/gallon (50ppm Si) and for flower I go down to .9ml/gal (10ppm Si).

Back
Top Bottom