Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

@Jack 420 and @Krissi1982 - you guys dont KNOW what torture is unless you’ve been exposed to Barney (that damned purple dinosaur) … both of my kids had a pure OBSESSION with him. One year when my son was just a wee thing of like 3 years old I bought him the Barney Christmas special … put it on for him in the family room … went to go help my folks with dinner. About 30 minutes later there was this god awful scream and crying and I rushed downstairs to make sure he hadn’t fallen and hit his head or something. Couldn't find anything wrong with him and I said, “Baby?! What’s wrong?!?”

He pointed at the TV and said, “Barney’s GONE!!!”

I had to watch that damned dvd close to 24/7 for WEEKS - and that was on TOP of the daily Barney shows. Surprised I never gouged my eyeballs out!
I live it in Blippi my friend. He may not be purple or a dinosaur but he is an orange and blue nightmare! I hear Bippi Bippi Bippi Bippi in my sleep, in the shower, in my head in Walmart...

I live it in Blippi my friend. He may not be purple or a dinosaur but he is an orange and blue nightmare! I hear Bippi Bippi Bippi Bippi in my sleep, in the shower, in my head in Walmart...
Yeah - I’ve been scarred for life by the “I love you, you love me …” Barney song. Close to 30 years later and it STILL sneaks into my brain!

@Jack 420 and @Krissi1982 - you guys dont KNOW what torture is unless you’ve been exposed to Barney (that damned purple dinosaur) … both of my kids had a pure OBSESSION with him. One year when my son was just a wee thing of like 3 years old I bought him the Barney Christmas special … put it on for him in the family room … went to go help my folks with dinner. About 30 minutes later there was this god awful scream and crying and I rushed downstairs to make sure he hadn’t fallen and hit his head or something. Couldn't find anything wrong with him and I said, “Baby?! What’s wrong?!?”

He pointed at the TV and said, “Barney’s GONE!!!”

I had to watch that damned dvd close to 24/7 for WEEKS - and that was on TOP of the daily Barney shows. Surprised I never gouged my eyeballs out!
Omg I remember Barney !!!!!! But I put it on my my kids now it’s torture to them now guess there too hip lol

Yeah - I’ve been scarred for life by the “I love you, you love me …” Barney song. Close to 30 years later and it STILL sneaks into my brain!
Me too lol ahhhhg

Hey BabyGirl! :ciao:

I fell a few pages behind, as usual, but I've caught up.

Liv is beastly! And you're getting all kinds of good advice on her treatment. I'd just like to weigh in on the defoliation issue.

I'm not going to recommend whether to defol or not. It really is a matter of personal preference, IMO. But I thought a pic of what "could be" might aid you in your decision-making.

So I went to the archives and dug up a pic of one of my bucket grows (an Alaskan Purple auto) and the shape she was in near the end. As you can see, I did remove much of the bottom stuff but seemed to try and leave most of the top stuff intact.
At least that's what I think I did. But this was from 2019 an it's all so foggy to me now! :ganjamon:

Anyhow, I believe pics can sometimes be good guides and I hope this one helps you!
P1020682.JPG

Hey BabyGirl! :ciao:

I fell a few pages behind, as usual, but I've caught up.

Liv is beastly! And you're getting all kinds of good advice on her treatment. I'd just like to weigh in on the defoliation issue.

I'm not going to recommend whether to defol or not. It really is a matter of personal preference, IMO. But I thought a pic of what "could be" might aid you in your decision-making.

So I went to the archives and dug up a pic of one of my bucket grows (an Alaskan Purple auto) and the shape she was in near the end. As you can see, I did remove much of the bottom stuff but seemed to try and leave most of the top stuff intact.
At least that's what I think I did. But this was from 2019 an it's all so foggy to me now! :ganjamon:

Anyhow, I believe pics can sometimes be good guides and I hope this one helps you!
P1020682.JPG
Thank you @Grand Daddy Black ! Yeah, I think that’s similar to what I’m considering aiming for!

And I *think* I’ve come up with a humidity mitigation strategy: warmer temps drop humidity whereas cooler temps increase it. So, instead of the driver for the @Mars Hydro FC-3000 being outside the tent, I’ll put the driver on the light inside the tent. Same thing with the pump for the air stones - it will go inside the tent (though it will have to be above the current bucket height in case it dies so I don’t get a back-flow issue into the pump). In the meantime, I’ll order the dehumidifier next week (has to wait for payday). And it THAT doesn't work, I have a small space heater (with auto cut off in case of power surge or tip-over) I can put into that room with the door shut (dont want to put that in the tent because I need to keep the res temps on the cooler side and I don’t want hot air blowing directly on my little lady.

Good job, BabyGirl. I bet she'll love it! :Rasta:

Ahhh hence the humidifier in your room duh...sorry no coffee yet....I almost bought a big ol humidifier for the grow room but I've managed through higher humidity just fine. I feel like there is so much concern with the numbers being perfect all the time. My numbers are never perfect all the time so I guess I'm not that leary when I see a creep...kind like what @Trala Said...her plants are pretty damn fine and there were some wow faces given to her post like her plants were in danger idk.. Maybe I'm the odd one in the bunch but I think my girls over time have truly benefited from changes in the environment around them and they have all seemed to adapt to the changes well.
I live in Queensland, low humidity is never going to be a workable option most days. Rainy heat filled days and my humidity jumps to the 90’s. Winter is better humidity wise. I think you just need to do your best with what you’ve got. Humidity only becomes a real issue for me from the middle to end of flower. Like I said 62% is good for me, well not good, but it’s the best I can do given my climate. I too am learning not to get twisted over numbers. I go by how my plants look.

I asked you this in another thread but you didn’t answer, how did that monstercrop clone go? I’ve often wondered. Oh and happy new year :)

I live in Queensland, low humidity is never going to be a workable option most days. Rainy heat filled days and my humidity jumps to the 90’s. Winter is better humidity wise. I think you just need to do your best with what you’ve got. Humidity only becomes a real issue for me from the middle to end of flower. Like I said 62% is good for me, well not good, but it’s the best I can do given my climate.
i appreciate that info Trala!!
I too am learning not to get twisted over numbers. I go by how my plants look.

Me too!! Thank you!! It's not just meee!!
I asked you this in another thread but you didn’t answer, how did that monstercrop clone go? I’ve often wondered. Oh and happy new year :)
Omg she's great!! Thank you for asking and for your help!! I'm sorry I missed that somehow!!!

20220102_105738.jpg

i appreciate that info Trala!!

Me too!! Thank you!! It's not just meee!!

Omg she's great!! Thank you for asking and for your help!! I'm sorry I missed that somehow!!!

20220102_105738.jpg
OMG Good job ladybird! Really good job!

They need so much time and patience don’t they? I do find come training they need a bit of extra help. I’ve just flipped my Peyote Critical little monster and my Tangerine Dream little monster will be next.

Really well done babe.

:)

They need so much time and patience don’t they? I do find come training they need a bit of extra help. I’ve just flipped my Peyote Critical little monster and my Tangerine Dream little monster will be next.

Really well done babe.

I’m just overly cautious I guess since she’s an auto. Better safe than sorry has always been my motto; not living on the edge!

Really well done babe.

Thank you sooo much! Sooo much patience but luckily I have plenty of it and time well, I have just enough! :) What are your thoughts ok how long I veg her for? And what are you thinking of doing with her training wise?

I’m just overly cautious I guess since she’s an auto. Better safe than sorry has always been my motto; not living on the edge!
I’ve never grown an auto.

Absolutely. I need a lot of hand holding myself. I really wish I could advise and help, but I got nothin!

Loll

Thank you sooo much! Sooo much patience but luckily I have plenty of it and time well, I have just enough! :) What are your thoughts ok how long I veg her for? And what are you thinking of doing with her training wise?
I find I need to veg longer than a seed grow or a normal clone grow. I have started counting day 1 of growth from the day I see active signs of life. Tbh that on average takes 30 days. So I count day 1 from the first new leaf grown, then go 60-70 days. My climate and lights are different to you tho.

I’m also all about the aesthetics. Yield is secondary to me. My plants have to look beautiful and healthy or I feel it in my heart. Mental I know Lollll. So I train to enhance the beauty of the plant. Probs all wrong, but that’s how I roll. I like nice things.

You got this anyway, you know plants.

Back
Top Bottom