Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

I find I need to veg longer than a seed grow or a normal clone grow. I have started counting day 1 of growth from the day I see active signs of life. Tbh that on average takes 30 days. So I count day 1 from the first new leaf grown, then go 60-70 days. My climate and lights are different to you tho.

I’m also all about the aesthetics. Yield is secondary to me. My plants have to look beautiful and healthy or I feel it in my heart. Mental I know Lollll. So I train to enhance the beauty of the plant. Probs all wrong, but that’s how I roll. I like nice things.

You got this anyway, you know plants.
Thank you again. I could care less about her yield. I just wanted to be able to know i could do it and now to just keep her healthy. I prefer she stay small with my 4 photoperiods in the works right now and 3 autos plus her and my soon to harvest photo. Then the autos I'm running in a couple weeks lol...so small and mighty is fine for me! If I got a quarter from her I wouldn't care just thankful to be learning the process and grateful for support on doing it from people like you and @FelipeBlu who told me to get her out of the dirty soil lol and stick her in water

Well...looks like I'm late to the party. Skipping ahead to see where you're at now. Congrats on the light!!!

Quick summary of the fiasco you mentioned in the first post?!
Was SUPPOSED to be a different strain (Mephisto Genetics Double Grape), seeds didnt pop … had to have a do-over

So much to get caught up on. A few things about me. I LOVE growing in soil and seeing the biology thrive. I hope the best for you when you decide to go down that path. I'll be doing some DWC at some point. I would love your insight when that time comes.
I AM eyeballing a small dehumidifier on the Zon because I know the further into flower I go with that humidity level, the more likely I am to encounter bud rot or powdery mildew - NOT something I want to deal with. Suggestions appreciated
Hmmm...well...have you heard the good news of our lord and savior the VPD chart?! Looks like you are still early in flower. But definitely time to drop that RH. I like dry heat. I have a small space heater in my tent. It keeps things pretty stable for me. It only turns on if my tent starts to dip below 78 and nothing above 82. The lights keep it warm most of the day. Just remember that everyone's environment will be different even if you are in the same general geographic area.
My numbers are never perfect all the time so I guess I'm not that leary when I see a creep...kind like what @Trala Said...her plants are pretty damn fine and there were some wow faces given to her post like her plants were in danger idk.. Maybe I'm the odd one in the bunch but I think my girls over time have truly benefited from changes in the environment around them and they have all seemed to adapt to the changes well.
Say it with me...Give me a V...Give me a P...Give me D! What does that spell?! VPD!

I bet your parameters are well within the ideal growth ranges. Which would explain why they look amazing. Your energy and love for them help them overcome environmental stresses. When I focused on the VPD chart when things got a bit too hot in my tent, I kept the RH within range and they did just fine.

Also, I think RIGHT NOW is probably a good time to do some pruning. No time to waste or you will be wasting energy on larf. I did not prune a few weeks into flower, and it cost me. Good luck with your decision.

So much to get caught up on. A few things about me. I LOVE growing in soil and seeing the biology thrive. I hope the best for you when you decide to go down that path. I'll be doing some DWC at some point. I would love your insight when that time comes.
This is only my 2nd grow - and my 2nd run in DWC, so I’m not sure I can be of much help. Others here are LIGHT YEARS ahead of me!

Hmmm...well...have you heard the good news of our lord and savior the VPD chart?! Looks like you are still early in flower. But definitely time to drop that RH. I like dry heat. I have a small space heater in my tent. It keeps things pretty stable for me. It only turns on if my tent starts to dip below 78 and nothing above 82. The lights keep it warm most of the day. Just remember that everyone's environment will be different even if you are in the same general geographic area.
My tent temps typically run pretty low, like 68-72 or so … Today I actually put the driver on the light (instead of outside the tent) to try to bring the temp up and the humidity down. So far that hasn't worked so I may have to put to put a space heater in that room.
Also, I think RIGHT NOW is probably a good time to do some pruning. No time to waste or you will be wasting energy on larf. I did not prune a few weeks into flower, and it cost me. Good luck with your decision.
Yeah, I trimmed off a BUNCH today all around the bottom.

I probably shouldn't be soooo absolute with my answers. I know there are some that prefer to not defoliate in flower. I understand the logic. You don't want the plant spending energy on creating more fan leaves. It is indeed a balancing act though. Too many and the plant starts making new leaves. Too few and you might have air flow issues or a lot of lower larfy growth. Glad to hear you did some pruning.
This is only my 2nd grow - and my 2nd run in DWC, so I’m not sure I can be of much help. Others here are LIGHT YEARS ahead of me!
We can all learn from each other. Even someone that has done many more grows could potentially learn something new. Don't sell yourself short!

Ok - so here’s Liv’s Day 58 (!) update:

She’s definitely loving her @Mars Hydro FC-3000 - she’s praying beautifully!

Here you can see her buds are starting to stack and actually develop:

And check this out! She’s smack dab in the middle of the 4x4 and ALREADY touching the sides!

And check this out! She’s smack dab in the middle of the 4x4 and ALREADY touching the sides!

Wow, she's really humming now. Very nice. Very healthy looking. Come a long way already, haven't you, on this plant? Nice job.

Wow, she's really humming now. Very nice. Very healthy looking. Come a long way already, haven't you, on this plant? Nice job.
I am frankly AMAZED - my last plant (the big one) was a total RUNT compared to this thing!

She's a real beauty BabyGirl!

But please do a critter check. Better safe than sorry!
babagirls beast.jpg

She's a real beauty BabyGirl!

But please do a critter check. Better safe than sorry!
babagirls beast.jpg
Just went and checked with my jeweler’s loupe - nope, no critters anywhere! :)

Go girl!!! That extra light is getting to her from your little trim-a-rooni

Back
Top Bottom