Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

That would be a hard decision but i am pretty sure i couldn't hang with that crowd !/ Just a couple pics of some bagseed i need to sex as soon as i can tell , got a few wide leaves i am hoping will be girls!!

Hope you don't mind .

Yeah I'm all about being up front and honest. My motto is like who I am or not I'm not changing for anyone. And I don't care if you like me or not. If I can't be me I don't need you.

yup!! Same here.... I've tried to explain this to my lady multiple times... But her mom raised her to care about others and not to speak up/ have an opinion of her own... I have been working on changing that, not necessarily good in my favor, but i cant stand people taking advantage of her kindness and willingness to help, when i know they wont reciprocate.... She gets pissed at me cause I either, walk away mid conversation (with other people) so I don't speak my mind, or speak my mind and come off as an asshole for telling it the way it is... People are soft these days. Can't handle the truth.

I'm going to pick up some of those rubs to try... I got a new propane BBQ last year, but apparently it can work as a smoker too... I'm going to have to try and figure it out.... What's your cook time van/and or blew?... My dads got a traegar. Fathers days coming up, maybe ill try to spoil him lol

yup!! Same here.... I've tried to explain this to my lady multiple times... But her mom raised her to care about others and not to speak up/ have an opinion of her own... I have been working on changing that, not necessarily good in my favor, but i cant stand people taking advantage of her kindness and willingness to help, when i know they wont reciprocate.... She gets pissed at me cause I either, walk away mid conversation (with other people) so I don't speak my mind, or speak my mind and come off as an asshole for telling it the way it is... People are soft these days. Can't handle the truth.

I'm going to pick up some of those rubs to try... I got a new propane BBQ last year, but apparently it can work as a smoker too... I'm going to have to try and figure it out.... What's your cook time van/and or blew?... My dads got a traegar. Fathers days coming up, maybe ill try to spoil him lol
Same here after being married for who knows how many years I still get the wife's elbow in the ribs while trying to carry on a conversation with people. She says I'm rude being so up front with them.
My first boss that gave me a chance into upper management said that's what he liked about me. Said he didn't want a yes man and knew i would tell him exactly what was on my mind. I knew he still made the final decision and had to carry it out the best i could but he always wanted to here the good with the bad. He eventually made me vice president of his company. And i hardly ever said yes in getting there.

Well the time and heat are relative to each other. The lower the temp, the longer the cook. For pork, I like 225-250 degrees and the time will be dependent on the thickness of the ribs. Usually with babyback ribs, I go about 5-6 hours in the 225-250 range.

Same here after being married for who knows how many years I still get the wife's elbow in the ribs while trying to carry on a conversation with people. She says I'm rude being so up front with them.
My first boss that gave me a chance into upper management said that's what he liked about me. Said he didn't want a yes man and knew i would tell him exactly what was on my mind. I knew he still made the final decision and had to carry it out the best i could but he always wanted to here the good with the bad. He eventually made me vice president of his company. And i hardly ever said yes in getting there.
Something to be said for being honest. I had a Colonel ask me my opinion about something back in 1997. I was a Sergeant at the time and not a fan of the command at all and I said "Sir, I am not sure that you will want my opinion so I am going to keep it to myself for now". He responded "We are all professionals here, if I ask you for your opinion its because I want it". I sighed and said ok, but don't say I didn't warn you. When I gave him my opinion which was something along the lines of "This command and jobs we do are a complete and utter waste of time and effort. You tell us to do this and when we do what you ask, the units out there complain tell their commanding officer and then they call you and you and them come to some good ol boy agreement that isn't in alignment of what we were told to get them to do. I spend a week working on training protocols or other things you want done and one phone call from them and you change what is acceptable. Why do we bother doing what we do when you don't even support us in our attempt to support your vision? We do it because thats our job but aside from that sir, its a complete and utter waste of time and billets. We would better serve the Corps in different facets cause we bring zero value added to the bottom line from here."

His response was basically "I think you should remember who writes your fitness reports Sergeant".

I responded with "I told you tht you wouldn't like it Colonel but if you feel that you need to threaten me with bad report because I answered your question with honesty.....thats your prerogative Colonel, but it ain't ever gonna keep me from being honest."

Yeah I'm all about being up front and honest. My motto is like who I am or not I'm not changing for anyone. And I don't care if you like me or not. If I can't be me I don't need you.
shhhh...InTheShed will hear you :)...

People are soft these days. Can't handle the truth.

You wound my inner unicorn....:laugh:

They were delicious...I actually think there was some tenderizer or msg in the steak one....ribeye was like butter.

When I have it dialed down my smoker is 225F (approx) and I usually run pork roasts for 5-6 hours, ribs & chicken for 2 hours...If I open it up (more air) then it acts like a grill.

Before I hear it, our ribs are skinnier than store bought, so they need less time. My pigs go to slaughter @ 6-8 months old and 175-200lbs.

Hey, question for you Blew........what do you do about the worm pee build up. I checked my bins today and there was some sloshing sound in there. Drilled a couple holes at the bottom of the soil line and let it drain into a big saucer. Guess I didn't think they peed that much. Smell is horrible LOL

Hey, question for you Blew........what do you do about the worm pee build up. I checked my bins today and there was some sloshing sound in there. Drilled a couple holes at the bottom of the soil line and let it drain into a big saucer. Guess I didn't think they peed that much. Smell is horrible LOL

I just looked this up and worms don't "pee". The liquid must be coming from what you are adding? I don't have an issue with it and I certainly don't drain it....I find I am adding liquid more often than worrying about too much. If you have some coir you could toss it in there...it all goes into the same mix in the end. You could also add some more brown matter (leaves) to absorb.

That is some fertile stuff btw...you're not throwing it away?

Also, if it smells rank it is probably anaerobic which you can probably control with more media to absorb the liquid and/or adjusting your inputs. I got to where I am by the same route...nasty smells, flies, etc. It's why I love adding coffee to my indoor bin...smells good.

I figured it was pee because the fluids are increasing in the bin. I haven't added a single bit of liquid to that bin since the initial mix up. I figured it had to be pee from the worms.

Man it smells like cat piss! not pleasant. I am draining it because its filling up. Its all just dripping into a big saucer for now. Probably gonna add it to my ACT.
I suggest throwing it on your outdoor compost pile rather than directly on your plants. It is too early for that to be "leachate" aka worm tea and I'd be bummed if it acted as a phytotoxin and fvcked up your grow.

You need to tweak something to get it where there is a little (1/4") puddling in the bottom of your bin and the media absorbs the rest. This means watching what you put in there. My outdoor bins stink...why they are outdoors.

I figured it was pee because the fluids are increasing in the bin. I haven't added a single bit of liquid to that bin since the initial mix up. I figured it had to be pee from the worms.
More likely the material you put in there breaking down. Celery, melon, etc all has a lot of water and when the worms process it they release that water. I throw all sorts of stuff in my outdoor bins without worrying because I have holes drilled in the sides 3" from the bottom...

My indoor bin gets: coffee grounds, potato/carrot/cucumber peelings, egg shells...that's 99% of it. Worms love it, smells good, everyone happy.

I just looked at my outdoor bins today and they are jamming...I thought I wouldn't have to add food for another 2 weeks, but I could add it today. Not too early to put your bins outside.

The bin itself doesn't stink. I got concerned when I lifted the lid and saw liquid at a higher level than I wanted. Well its a big freaking bin that I can't move on my own and I didn't want the worms to drown so I figured "well drill a hole below the liquid line and let it drain out". Well 15 minutes later I could hardly stand the pee stench. I will add it to my outdoor garden just to be safe!

I add carrots, egg shells, other veggie peels, some tater scraps (that I have to stop adding cause they are freaking rooting and throwing up shoots along with the carrot tops) and occasionally some cooked rice that doesn't get eaten. No dairy and no meats.

Back
Top Bottom