Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Ok, first I'd like to dedicate this post to @Itibitiguy for the Tip of the Week on stacking fish totes.

I decided to try a new configuration for this summer and overall I am very pleased. I think it will work well...

Here is the old config...4 stacked but also I used 2x pallets and they were braced and separated. All the snow was pretty brutal to them and they had a bit of a lean....

First...here is my main compost pile that is about 24 yards of old dirt, horse manure, and leaves. Chickens looking for worms...

New Config: 2x totes on a pallet...

Bucket of compost...

Produce...

More compost...

Repeat 3x....et Voilá...6x totes on one pallet instead of the old way. Tractor could barely move it...but did..so done :)

Your getting me all excited to throw a plant outside. I'd have to do an auto being so far north but why not?

I found worms locally. How many would I need for a couple of fish pans? Think they sell them 1lb($50) or half pounds.

That looks good blew. Now if you make a couple loops of rope long enough to go half hitch around the bottom handle and up through the other handles, one of each side and you can lift 3 pans up.

I found worms locally. How many would I need for a couple of fish pans? Think they sell them 1lb($50) or half pounds.

Depends on if you are in a rush...You could start with 1/2 lb and 2 totes and in 6-8 weeks you could grab a couple handful and seed 2x more. I usually seed each tote with about 1/4 lb which is about 2 handfuls. If the bin has food and media (dirt, newspaper, coir, etc) they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom