Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Damn....she needs to get her ass in gear!

The other girls are looking good!

She'll get there...yes the others are chugging along...will up-pot them in about a week or so...today I clicked the list schedule down to 16/8 to try to get photos onto a more realistic schedule...

I picked up a used Harbor Freight Cement Mixer yesterday from Craigslist for $80 for a project I have this summer (footers and block work).

What I hadn't considered was that this can be used to mix and aerate VC prior to planting. As anyone knows (@Van Stank) that can be a lot of work especially when you are talking several yards of material. Looking at YT there are many variations of soil mixing, also some compost sorters as well. These mixers are cheap new ($170) but I have seen assembly is a PIA, so getting them used is the deal. Stay tuned...

That will be a must have when we have our own property and room for it. What a back saver! Good investment, Blew!
It never occurred to me...always thought they were pricey...but they are out there used and cheap. Just chipped off a bunch of sketchy orange Chinese paint...:)

So, i think I am going to use this mixer for soil before the cement project...which motivated me to go own to the beach (1.5 mile from our farm) and grab some free micronutrients...seaweed! Going to dry it and throw it in the mixer with some stones and crush it up then roll it into the VC for the summer crop. Stay tuned...

Amazing stuff for your gardens. We also get caplin here (small sardine like fish) that wash up and spawn on beaches all around... usually pick up a few fresh ones to eat as they wash up and then get a bunch of dead ones for the ground too. Just bury them up, we usually put them on the potatoes when you till your row and cover them.

Back
Top Bottom