Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

A friend of mine had a cottage on the coast and her neighbor would compost seaweed to use in their garden. They produced huge veggies! I was sold on that idea ever since!
Many people leave it on their fields over the winter...snow/rain washes the salt off and breaks them down.

Maine's cannabis laws are the best in the country (for home cultivation especially). It's as much as what they didn't specify as what they did specify in the law. Politicians were more focused on controlling the retail tax $ (as politicians do) and how that was intertwined with other taxable elements (retail cultivation, testing facilities, etc) They are now debating amending the law because towns are realizing that 4 adults at a residence, growing their legal 6x flowering plants, is suddenly a decent little aromatic plantation.

Well, Maine's politicians continue to fck things up...they just submitted a modified bill to the Gov to reduce home cultivation plants from 6 to 3 per adult...still workable, but annoying going backwards on any of this. Our Gov is batshit crazy so there is no telling what he will do. Only encourages me to grow BIGGER plants...

I know the rabbit poop able to be used immediately, but I was thinking of throwing some to the worms. Is that acceptable???

I know the rabbit poop able to be used immediately, but I was thinking of throwing some to the worms. Is that acceptable???
Yes, you can use manure for worm bins (not urine, which is too much ammonia).

One of each! :D

And thanks blew. I was gonna use the pee soaked newspapers. So glad you said something.

Update on the current grow. I needed to make room in the Box for the Stanks up-potting, as it was crowded in the Box...

Decided to sacrifice the Red Diesel which never really got up and running (and again I see the 3-gallons as my problem there). So, she is on her own in the GH now that temps are above freezing at night. We'll see what she does on her own...

Also, some temporary guests in the GH for the next 2 weeks...Black Sexlinks chicks in a 65 gallon fabric pot! Works excellent and will nicely season it with some chicken poo for future plants...

I pulled the mixer in the GH and It. Is. Awesome.:adore: @Van Stank you need one of these!

Shoveled in the VC and then added some greensand, mycorrhizae, coir, and some Pro-Mix...hit the switch, watched it turn for a minute or two and scooped out what I need for the 3-gallon pots I did for the Stanks. In the future I will just dump it directly into the 45-gallon fabric pots and then slide them where I want them.

Moving the Diesel allowed me to squeeze 2x 3-gallons in the Box, so I chose the 2x least happy looking Stanks...ATF and Stankberry (DurbanxATF looks super happy so she (?) will ride for a few more days in her current vessel....

DurbanxATF upper right, Kushberry lower right, ATF upper left, Stankberry Lower left...

They were ready!

If I had the space I would have gone into a 7-gallon, but temps here are still close to freezing at night and I need to know they are safe in the Box for a few more weeks...so 3-gallon's until temps at night are over 40F.

NLxBB auto looking super happy....I think I moved her from a 3 to a 7-gallon just in time (and contrary to all I've read about autos hating transplant, she is proof you can do it to the benefit of the plant).

Alien Mephisto auto looking ok...again, a victim of too small a pot to start.

New layout the Box...Northern Light Auto (rear corner left) clicking along as well...a bit scrawny, but again a 3-gallon issue imho.

DurbanxATF looking strong amongst the other girls!

Wow blew you got a lot on the go there.... I can see that space has become very full, sometime those sacrifices turn out to be nice plants, she'll be hardened off better. The chicks in the 65 gallon pot is priceless... I had a good chuckle.

Wow blew you got a lot on the go there.... I can see that space has become very full, sometime those sacrifices turn out to be nice plants, she'll be hardened off better. The chicks in the 65 gallon pot is priceless... I had a good chuckle.
Yes, she will be hardened but I doubt much will come of her...sometimes you just gotta clear out the slackers!

Your girls are looking fantastic! Lots of nice buds forming on that NL, too! Loving the Stank plants....especially that Durban x ATF - she looks super happy and healthy. Those baby chicks in the fabric pot, though....they win the adorable award today!
Yes, that was my "a-ha" moment this week...normally they go in a large cardboard box which turns into a mess (with spilled water and poo) but I saw the 65 sitting there looking ready and it turned out great...new go to in the future.

Stank Genetics are looking strong...Kushberry a little slower than the others, but we have plenty of time....

Back
Top Bottom