Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

They also stack without covers too... but your wiggliers might escape. I'm guessing those are tight pans (without holes in the bottle corners) they make decent pots or raised gardens tooa

Lids are primarily to keep light out...We initially used them for wicking beds, but they are a little too shallow.

It just occurred to me what you are saying...if they stack with opposing ends (diff grooves) they stack w/o lids? That's kind of amazing (and something that never occurred to me :thanks:)

I am too lazy to go outside and test this right now, but if so it gives me an idea. I have way more bottoms than lids because lids are almost same price (and I didn't need them initially). But if I can stack these in a dark place...like a root cellar...(insert mind blown emoji)

Nice worm bins! Those might be easier for me to handle than the 30 gallons we picked up. I'm a lot weaker than Van lol
Thats why we lift em together! Too much for you to handle yourself and too dangerous for me to try and move it with my back by itself.

They can handle alot of weight... 100lbs no prob.
True, which is why I put 2x on a pallet and use the tractor!

Well, I tried the reverse stack today and 1) it does indeed stack w/o lids and 2) I think that would work well with worms in a semi-dark place. Maybe even outside with a tarp bungeed over it. They avoid the light so that would keep them from crawling around. I have about 40 of these and I didn't want to buy lids for them @$17 a pop, but now I have serious options...

@Itibitiguy , if there was a 420 Tip of the Week...I would nominate you!
:thanks:

We got about an inch and a half but most has melted already
We got about 4 inches in 2 hours...fattest flakes I have seen in my life...they were like potato chips falling...was supposed to rain overnight and clear it all away...but currently a light snow. Spring in Maine...

Back
Top Bottom