Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

If they freeze is it game over... or just slows the process

Depends on freeze @31F or 0F. Mostly everything goes into standby mode and they (slowly) come back. This is my first winter with subzero temps so if I see any moving in the coming weeks I will report. They squeak by 32-100F..they thrive 55-75F.

Ground cherries... couple celery over on the right side... the far right ones have had a hard life so far :( yeah I smash everything up and mix it up
I know a local urchin diver...not super well, but I I've spoken with him. Do urchin divers sell the whole thing or just the meat? Need to inquire...

I know a local urchin diver...not super well, but I I've spoken with him. Do urchin divers sell the whole thing or just the meat? Need to inquire...
I think it's the whole thing....

Lesson for the day...don't be in a fcking rush! Just on the heels of posting my concern (and up-pooting) of the Alien I go and snap off a branch! Grrrr....

I was up-potting the NL from 3 to 7 and just setting the NL back into the box when I did...the moral here is all of this could been avoided if I just used 7-gallon from start. Lesson learned (again).

Go big or stay home.....right Blew!

I ran into that same issue on my previous grow (photos though). I wanted a relatively quick flip with the clones I had taken and planted in 3 gallon pots. Well shortly after, I got mites and battled them for a month longer than I intended (had to keep in veg while I was fighting them) and the soil ran out of steam. Determined that 5 gallon would be the absolute smallest I used going forward, but 7s and 10s would be the norm.

Go big or stay home.....right Blew!

I ran into that same issue on my previous grow (photos though). I wanted a relatively quick flip with the clones I had taken and planted in 3 gallon pots. Well shortly after, I got mites and battled them for a month longer than I intended (had to keep in veg while I was fighting them) and the soil ran out of steam. Determined that 5 gallon would be the absolute smallest I used going forward, but 7s and 10s would be the norm.

Overall, just not worth the effort...need to focus on better plants, not just more....

After this the 3-gallons will go in deep storage. I can use my plastic starter pots and then jump them into a 7-gallon for a month, then into a 30 or 45.

Last sap boil today, then config GH for summer grow.

Ok, moving forward...big fabric pots for summer grow.

Here is a shot of a 30, 45, and 65-gallon with a 5-gallon bucket in the middle for perspective.

The 45 and 30 were so close I had to double check...but yeah, they are close in footprint which is good for me.

65 still looks like a monster...:love:

Back
Top Bottom