Lovie's Blueberry And Chocolate Thai Organic Grow Journal

Under the right conditions you can clone almost any part of the plant. You just need enough leaves for the food store and a nonwoody stem. For top cloning you need to cut above the woody stem but still have a half dozen developed leaves. Turn your lights down 24 hours before you take the cuttings. This reduces the auxin hormone that promotes growth at the tips. Lower branches get less light, produce less auxin. They send glucose to the rest of the plant rather than growing. So with lower veg growth hormone (auxin) and added root hormone they spend energy on roots when cut from the plant.

I forgot I had Foliar Spray and Root Dip by Microbe Life Hydroponic. I probably should have used this as a Root Dip before putting my little ones in soil. I watered them this morning so I added a couple of drops to the water.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 111829.png

Since I read your entire journal so far, I thought I best quit lurking! Hello Lovie!:popcorn:

I haven’t grown since 2015-16 from ?2009 when I was journaling in 420, but I am back.

You are off to a grand start here! And you have the right ppl giving you great advice.

:hug::hug::hug:Green Granny420 Hugs to ALL:hug::hug::hug:

Since I read your entire journal so far, I thought I best quit lurking! Hello Lovie!:popcorn:

I haven’t grown since 2015-16 from ?2009 when I was journaling in 420, but I am back.

You are off to a grand start here! And you have the right ppl giving you great advice.

:hug::hug::hug:Green Granny420 Hugs to ALL:hug::hug::hug:
Lurk all you like! ;)

I have temporarily gained 4 extra kids so that is why I haven't been on here a lot recently. I have some pics to show you how they are going. I haven't even had the time to make room to hang my grow light, so they are still under the flood lights. Hopefully, things will return to normal in a couple of days.

Day 11 for the one that I broke the taproot
Choc Thai2 Day 11.jpg
Chocolate Thai Day 11.jpg

Day 11 for my other one.
Choc Thai 3 D11.jpg
Choc Thai3 Day 11.jpg

Day 15 for the one with the broke taproot
Choc Thai2 Day15.jpg
Choc Thai2 D15.jpg

Day 15
Choc Thai3 Day 15.jpg
Choc Thai 3 D15 c.jpg

Hopefully, things will return to normal in a couple of days and I can show these guys some more love. I do want to know if I should transplant the bigger one. When I put it in the Jiffy Pod I placed the Rapid Rooter near the bottom so I could bury some of the stem from when it stretched for light.

The one I broke the taproot on is starting to pick up the pace! Currently, they are both in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil.
When I transplant them, I am going to put them in Coast of Maines' Stonington blend. Coast of Maine advises not to use this blend on seedlings because it is too hot and may stunt their growth. This being said, I know I should hold off transplanting the one with the broken taproot. Is the bigger one out of the seedling phase?

I have temporarily gained 4 extra kids so that is why I haven't been on here a lot recently.
I have some pics to show you how they are going. I haven't even had the time to make room to hang my grow light, so they are still under the flood lights. Hopefully, things will return to normal in a couple of days.

Day 11 for the one that I broke the taproot
Choc Thai2 Day 11.jpg
Chocolate Thai Day 11.jpg

Day 11 for my other one.
Choc Thai 3 D11.jpg
Choc Thai3 Day 11.jpg

Day 15 for the one with the broke taproot
Choc Thai2 Day15.jpg
Choc Thai2 D15.jpg

Day 15
Choc Thai3 Day 15.jpg
Choc Thai 3 D15 c.jpg

Hopefully, things will return to normal in a couple of days and I can show these guys some more love. I do want to know if I should transplant the bigger one.
I don't think it is quite ready for an up-pot yet. It's still a baby. It's advisable to wait until you have established roots that fill up the pot. I think Emilya said something about when the plant is drinking every day it is ready to up-pot. To me it looks as if it could go another week in there. Let's see.

Greetings everyone!

@Lady Cannafan unfortunately this journal needs to be moved to the abandoned journals. I want to thank everyone for your support but unfortunately, I gave the plants away. Other than watering them and trying to remember to turn the floodlights on and off they weren't receiving much love. I wasn't watching the temp or humidity or maintaining a constant light schedule. I thought it was best to give them to someone who had the time to give them love. I had planned on getting rid of a bunch of clothes in my closet that no longer fit to make room for the plants and grow light until my tent was available for them, but I haven't been able to get it done.

After breaking my pinky toe I tore the tendon that keeps your big toe connected to the rest of your toes from transferring my weight to the other side of my foot to keep weight off of the broken one. They got my foot in one of those removable cast/boot like things for now. I have to try to stay off of it as much as possible for it to heal. If it doesn't heal it will require surgery which I don't want. I have had 5 surgeries and 3 hospital stays over the past 6 years. I really would like to go a few years without any more surgeries or hospital stays.

And if that wasn't enough one of my stepdaughters has a really bad habit of dropping her kids (4 kids ages 3 through 7) off for what is supposed to be an overnight visit, which normally turns into a whole weekend visit. This time when she dropped her kids off, she ended up going cross country with a guy she met. After almost being gone for almost 2 weeks we had to fly her home because she didn't have the funds to get home herself.

I currently have 5 outdoor plants that require extra attention because they have septoria so I have to remove the infected leaves as I come across them and 4 plants in a tent that should be ready for harvest very soon. Once I am done drying the 4 plants in the tent I will probably start a new journal then, as long as I don't have anything else happen. Once I do start some more plants I will create a new journal so I will be back!

Greetings everyone!

@Lady Cannafan unfortunately this journal needs to be moved to the abandoned journals. I want to thank everyone for your support but unfortunately, I gave the plants away. Other than watering them and trying to remember to turn the floodlights on and off they weren't receiving much love. I wasn't watching the temp or humidity or maintaining a constant light schedule. I thought it was best to give them to someone who had the time to give them love. I had planned on getting rid of a bunch of clothes in my closet that no longer fit to make room for the plants and grow light until my tent was available for them, but I haven't been able to get it done.

After breaking my pinky toe I tore the tendon that keeps your big toe connected to the rest of your toes from transferring my weight to the other side of my foot to keep weight off of the broken one. They got my foot in one of those removable cast/boot like things for now. I have to try to stay off of it as much as possible for it to heal. If it doesn't heal it will require surgery which I don't want. I have had 5 surgeries and 3 hospital stays over the past 6 years. I really would like to go a few years without any more surgeries or hospital stays.

And if that wasn't enough one of my stepdaughters has a really bad habit of dropping her kids (4 kids ages 3 through 7) off for what is supposed to be an overnight visit, which normally turns into a whole weekend visit. This time when she dropped her kids off, she ended up going cross country with a guy she met. After almost being gone for almost 2 weeks we had to fly her home because she didn't have the funds to get home herself.

I currently have 5 outdoor plants that require extra attention because they have septoria so I have to remove the infected leaves as I come across them and 4 plants in a tent that should be ready for harvest very soon. Once I am done drying the 4 plants in the tent I will probably start a new journal then, as long as I don't have anything else happen. Once I do start some more plants I will create a new journal so I will be back!
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes hope it all works out for the best & hope you have a speedy recovery

Greetings everyone!

You due for some good luck.
Hope things improve and your foot gets better.
Try and rest as best you can. :Namaste:
:hug:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Sorry to hear of your troubles Lovie. I hope the foot heals fast and everything works out well. Looking forward to your next journal.

I don't want you guys to feel sorry for me. Even though my foot is currently busted I have a lot of good things going on in my life too. Most of my medical problems in the past would not have escalated to the point they did if I had sought medical treatment a lot sooner versus ignoring things until they became medical emergencies. For once I am listening to the doctor and taking it easy so I am sure I will avoid surgery.

I don't want you guys to feel sorry for me. Even though my foot is currently busted I have a lot of good things going on in my life too. Most of my medical problems in the past would not have escalated to the point they did if I had sought medical treatment a lot sooner versus ignoring things until they became medical emergencies. For once I am listening to the doctor and taking it easy so I am sure I will avoid surgery.
Good.
Listen to your doctor.
I want a pic of you sitting with your foot up.
Bong in your hand too! Hehe:hug:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I have an off-topic question to ask. I didn't want to start a thread because I wasn't sure if anyone other than me would benefit from the answer. I have 5 outside plants. 1 is in a 50-gallon fabric pot the other 4 are in 25-gallon air pots. When I water them I use the hose and add water until a couple of inches of water sit on top of the soil, then I go down the line and repeat until I see evidence the water has made it to the bottom of the pots. Once I can tell the water has made it to the bottom of the pots I am done. With the fabric pot I wedge my hand underneath it and feel for moisture. The air pots at the holes at the bottom to see if there is any water escaping through them or evidence of wet soil. I just gave them more water than I ever have before and it still hasn't made it to the bottom of the pots yet. I even took a 30 break and went back and checked to see if it was just taking a little bit for the water to get to the bottom. It hasn't yet. I was wondering if this could be caused by the humidity levels being lower than they have been or do they consume more water during flowering? Or what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom